Want to be on TV? (Race for Grace)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Want to be on TV? (Race for Grace)

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 11:51 AM
Tech Adept

Arrow Want to be on TV? (Race for Grace)

Seattle Indoor Raceway will be appearing for 15 seconds of fame on the TV program Northwest Afternoon on May 3rd. We need to bring along 15 audience members (or more). If you, your wife, girlfriend, parents, grandparents, distant relatives, r/c buddies, next door neighbors or the cute girl you have been wanting to ask out, would like to attend, please PM me or post here. You would need to be in Seattle from 9-11AM on May 3rd.

This is an awesome cause and we really want to tell everyone about it. Please help. Children are welcome and I am told the program for the day will be ambush make overs. So it will be child friendly.

For additional information on the Race for Grace: http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=155129
Old 04-19-2007, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

Additional Information:

Date of Show: Thursday, May 3rd, 2007
Number of people: 15 (Minimum, the more the merrier!)
Arrive: 9:00am
Leave: 10:50am
Show Topic: “Ambush Makeover”

What to expect when you arrive:

9:00am: PSA Spokespeople (up to 8 people, who will be filmed on the PSA) sign in and go up to our studio.
9:05am: The remainder of your 15 person group will be checked in. Please advise this part of your group that they will be checked in AFTER the PSA spokespeople are checked in.
9:10am: PSA’s are shot in our studio.
9:20am: The rest of the audience (and the rest of your 15 person group) is brought up.
9:20-10:00am: Learn how to be great audience....Fun Contests (prizes anyone?)....and meet our fabulous hosts!
10:00am -10:50am: You and your group are a part of our lively studio audience.
**Your PSA will air later in the day when our show airs from 3-4pm. Your PSA will air once between 3:35 and 3:55pm.

Additional Notes

§ We will try, but cannot guarantee that all of your group will sit together. Certain show topics require that we seat specific people in certain areas.

§ Please no group uniforms or similar colored tops. You can wear whatever you like in your PSA, but please have a change of clothes ready for sitting in the audience.

§ Dress as if going to a nice dinner or business attire; avoid the color white and jeans

§ No video cameras or flash photography

§ No children under 15 years of age (dependant on show topic, please call with questions) I have confirmed it is OK to bring children to this show.

§ Audience members could be standing for as long as 15 minutes.

RELEASE STATEMENT

(Guests under 18 must have parental permission)

I hereby authorize you to use and re-use my child’s name, likeness, voice, and performance in condition with the broadcast and non-broadcast of Northwest Afternoon or any other program or purpose. I understand that I can not revoke my consent.

I am the parent or guardian of _________________________ and I consent to the above.

Child’s Name
__________________________________________________ ________________
Parent/Guardian Signature
__________________________________________________ ________________
Parent/Guardian Name (Please Print)

DRIVING DIRECTIONS

Northwest Afternoon is located in the new Fisher Plaza next to the Space Needle. Fisher Plaza is located at 140 Fourth Avenue North in Seattle, just due South of the Space Needle. Our cross streets are Fourth Avenue North and Broad Street.

From I-5 North or South, take the Mercer Street/Seattle Center exit and follow the signs to Seattle Center. Turn left on Fifth Avenue and then make a right on John Street (you’ll notice yourself traveling parallel to the Monorail for a moment). Once on John Street, you'll see our underground parking lot in the basement of the new Fisher Plaza Building. Entrance is also right there on John Street.

PARKING

Parking is available in the Fisher Plaza parking garage located on the John St. side of the building. There is also parking available in area lots located on both the west and east side of the building. If parking in the Fisher Plaza garage, please be sure to take your parking stub with you and proceed to the public elevators. When exiting the elevators, take a right and proceed to the lobby in front of you.

The cost for parking in the Fisher Plaza parking garage is discounted for you as an audience member at Northwest Afternoon. When you check out at the front desk after the show, let them know you were with a group attending our show and they will discount your parking to $5.00.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:12 PM
Tech Adept

Bump... If we don't get people, we can't do this. So please pass the word around.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Rob Jackson is in.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Big B will come if anyone can offer him a ride from Kent.

Wes will try to attend.

This brings us up to about............................... 7!

(RCWife)
Old 04-22-2007, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

I have one more person:

Jason ( a volunteer I found from Craig's List)

We still need about 10 people. Pretty please.....donate 2 hours if you can or tell a friend. Maybe a stay at home mom??
Old 04-23-2007, 01:49 PM
Tech Adept

148 reads and no one can come? Come on guys. This is for a great cause and requires only two hours of your time. If you are working, as a friend, neighbor, or bum on the street.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

Vesta (another Craig's List volunteer)
Old 04-25-2007, 07:33 PM
Tech Adept

If you are able to attend or send your wife, girlfriend, parents, or next door neighbor, please let me know. I will provide you with details on where to meet. So far I have:

1. Teresa (with Katerina)
2. Doug (with Grace)
3-4 Andre and Robyn (if they can get off work)
5. Big B (if we can arrange a ride from Kent or maybe SIR)
6. Wes
7. Vesta (Craig's List)
8. Jason (Craig's List)
9. Rob Jackson
Old 04-27-2007, 03:49 PM
Tech Adept

We need 6 more people! Please!!!! I don't want to cancel this.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:48 PM
Tech Adept

2 hours of your time, for a timeless event!!! Come on peeps. Someone out there has to know of at least one person who can join us and make this happen. This isn't for SIR or Doug, this is for Grace and CdLS!!
Old 04-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Tech Adept

At this point we don't have enough people to attend and may need to cancel. Please spread the word!!
Old 05-01-2007, 05:55 AM
Tech Adept

How many people do you have right now, and when is the latest I can let you know? I have a doctor appointment on wednesday to have a proceedure done and I'm not sure how I'm going to feel after it.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Hey Guy's,
The PSA for N.W. afternoon is this Thursday. We still need about 3 people to be part of the studio audience. Please if you can help it would be great. A add on afternoon T.V. is about 650.00 for 15 seconds, we get it for FREE if we can bring 15 people please help. Once again this is a PSA for the Race for Grace it's for charity please help.
Thanks Doug
Old 05-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

bump..... only two more days and we still need people.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.