Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
2nd Annual Race for Grace (May 2007) >

2nd Annual Race for Grace (May 2007)

2nd Annual Race for Grace (May 2007)

Old 03-20-2007, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

Wink 2nd Annual Race for Grace (May 2007)

Northwest RC racers you're invited to attend the 2nd Annual Race for Grace! at Seattle Indoor Raceway.

Date: May 12th, 2007
Time: 9am-4pm
Kent, WA 98032
(425) 251-6119

I'm posting this outside of the SIR thread because this event is a chance for all NW racers to unite for one cause, raising awareness and helping children.

President Clinton recognized the month of May as National Cornelia de Lange Syndrome (CdLS) Awareness Day. What is CdLS? You can visit the website to learn more about this syndrome and the children: CdLS Website

Why does SIR care so deeply about raising awareness of CdLS? Owner, Doug Papka and his wife Robyn are the proud parents of our guest of honor, the beautiful Grace Papka. Grace was diagnosed with CdLS, but with the support and love of her family, she is progressing well. All funds raised at this event will be donated to raise the awareness of CdLS and help other children like Grace.

What can you do to help? Come and join us! Race in the RC race! Donate prizes for fund raising raffles! Donate food for the racer potluck! Tell a friend about the event!

If you would like to sign up to race, you may contact SIR. For anything else, feel free to send me a PM or email.

We thank you in advance sharing in this awesome event!

RC Wife
Old 03-20-2007, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We already had a couple of the racers who won kits in their class or the raffle donate them for the race.

D
Old 03-20-2007, 10:59 AM
Tech Adept

Celebrity racers from local fire, police, and city officials have been invited to participate in the celebrity event. I have also sent an invitation to the Governor and President Clinton.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

Give me your shirts boys!

Okay, seriously, I am looking for donated r/c t-shirts. Ken O. will ask his wife to make another r/c quilt for auction if I can gather enough t-shirts. Shirts can be dropped off at SIR or you can PM me.

Thanks for your help. Teresa
Old 03-23-2007, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

BUMP
Old 03-23-2007, 01:10 PM
Tech Adept

Updates as of 2pm Thursday March 23rd

1. I just received a call from the Clinton Foundation. They regret they can't attend but do wish us great success in the event. Ahhh, never hurts to try.

2. The Kent police has shown interest in attending the event.

3. NWA Northwest Afternoon has invited us to join them for a 15 sec promo ad (Doug can talk fast.) We will need at least 15 people to fill the audience. If you are interested in attending, please respond here.

4. Ken Owens wife has said she will make a quilt to be auctioned off. We just need to collect a few r/c t-shirt for her. This is a great time for companies to advertise. So if you want to donate your shirt, just let me know. WE HAVE ENOUGH SHIRTS AND THE QUILTING IS UNDERWAY!

5. Wes, of Weses Design (please click link in my signature) has offered to paint a car body to be placed up for auction.

We are still looking for donations for the auction and participates for the race. If you have any questions or you have ideas to help promote this event, please let us know. More info to come.

Last edited by RCwife; 04-04-2007 at 01:51 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Good work RCwife!
Old 03-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Tech Adept

More updates:

Team Brood will be sending some items for the silent auction, as well as, some free stuff to hand out during the race.

Derek Buono, Executive Editor, Xtreme RC Cars Magazine is working on some goodies too. He will try to arrange 6 months free online subscriptions for all registered racers. He will also announce the event in his upcoming magazine, and send out some t-shirts and hats. A short blurb and photos will appear in a future magazine.

Thank you so much to all of our sponsors thus far. It is much appreciated. More to come.....
Old 03-27-2007, 08:57 AM
Tech Adept

More Updates:

http://www.tresleonard.com/ will be sending out some t-shirts. Check out their site for awesome r/c deals.

Axiom Motors will be sending along some goodies, as long as Eddie-O doesn't steal them en route.

More to come. Please check back.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Just added to the RACE DAY, heli races no Demos.......
Old 03-27-2007, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

So how exactly does this work? Do we collect pledges? Are the race fees donated to the cause?
Old 03-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Red face

Originally Posted by sportsracer-5
So how exactly does this work? Do we collect pledges? Are the race fees donated to the cause?
OPPS under my husband's User ID. This is from RCWife.

Thanks for asking. No we don't do pledges, but we do encourage you to invite friends and family to join us. ALL funds raised for this event are donated to the cause. It is a purely non-profit event to promote awareness of CdLS and raise money for the foundation. Race entrance fees will be donated to CdLS. There will be a silent auction for donated items (Last year we had some really awesome donations. R/C companies can be very generous, esspesually the local bunch). The money raised from the silent auction will go to CdLS. Last year we had a bake sale, but may not this year.

What can you do to help? Business owners are encouraged to donate items for the silent auction or small give away prizes. Racers are encouraged to participate in the race, donate new or barely used items for the auction, and bid on auctions. The public is welcome to come watch the races and bid on auction items. Do you know someone important to the community? (police, firemen, city officials, celebrity) If so, please let us know so we may invite them to attend.

It is truely an awesome cause. If you haven't had the chance to meet little, Grace Papka, you are missing out. She is a special little gal with a ton of personality and when you met her for the first time, you will understand why this race is so important to so many people.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

Novak will be donating items. More information to come on the cool treats.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Do we sign up for this race or do we just show up?
Old 03-31-2007, 04:16 PM
Tech Adept

I'll tell my husband to get busy making the sign up sheets and get them up on the counter at SIR. If anyone from out of town would like to sign up, you can call SIR (425) 251-6119

The race starts at 12:00 noon on May 12th, 2007. Entry fee $15.00 for the 1st class & $5.00 for second. All race fee's are going to CDLS.

I spotted a box of goodies from BROOD at SIR. As always this company has donated some sweet goodies for the cause.

Axiom Motors package has been mailed and is on it's way. Can't wait to spot the goodies.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.