Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
BarnYard RC Raceway   just track talk. >

BarnYard RC Raceway just track talk.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BarnYard RC Raceway just track talk.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Default BarnYard RC Raceway just track talk.

I want to thank the 11 guys who came out today. i hope to see you all next weekend.........

thanks..............Randy
Old 11-09-2008, 10:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Track is open...

Attention all R/C fans...

Barnyard R/C Raceway will be open this coming weekend, 11/14-11/16. Hours are as follows:

Friday 5-10pm
Saturday 10am-10pm
Sunday 11am-8pm

Track is located at 40W660 Bowes Road IN Elgin, IL 60124. Please come out and check out the track!

Despite previous mis-information the track will be open this weekend.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Barnyard,

What are the thoughts you have about electric-only timeslots? Do you think there will be days that are so cold that the doors will have to be closed and it would make a great electric-fest?

What do you see as far as the interest level in organized racing versus just open fun running?
Old 11-10-2008, 08:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Default bob. you pick the day

electric-fest, bob im open to anything. you pick the day during the week its yours. or once we get going any weekend day time slot we can set up.as well.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

I won't promise to carry a load organizing it, but we could see how many folks would be interested in a Barnyard electric-fest sometime(s) over the winter. So, electric folks, here is a building that is open to the idea. What are the toughts out there?
Old 11-10-2008, 09:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Default bob

bob,you need to come out and check out the track your self, there are some changes being done to the off road track.and the on road might not be as tight as you may want it,but we are making changes your input on it once you see it in person would be very helpful

thanks Randy
Old 11-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Contact Information:

Randy-

You may want to provide some contact information for people to get ahold of you other than on RCTECH, such as email address or phone number.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Barnyard,

You mentioned "on-road". Was that the right word? I don't think you have on-road. But, as chance allows, I would be happy to look.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Default ok

ok chick,input welcome..................
Old 11-10-2008, 05:01 PM
Tech Initiate

The on road track is a mixed screening primarely composed of limestone. It's not a typical clay flat track. Thanks for the inviting the idea of having an electric bash. Please come out and check out the track so we can further discuss your idea. Looking forward to see you out there.

Rusty
Track Manager
Old 11-10-2008, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by barnyard
The on road track is a mixed screening primarely composed of limestone. It's not a typical clay flat track. Thanks for the inviting the idea of having an electric bash. Please come out and check out the track so we can further discuss your idea. Looking forward to see you out there.

Rusty
Track Manager
Rusty-

Unless there were MAJOR changes since I was there on thursday night and you guys installed a on-road track, you might want to say instead come check out our dirt oval track and our off-road track.

Kim
Old 11-10-2008, 10:58 PM
Tech Initiate

The oval is made of a primarely limestone mixture, I would not say that our oval is a dirt track since it is primarely a limestone mixture. I am simply describing what type of material it is made of. The off-road outter track is a dirt track, but I would not consider a hard limestone surface a dirt track. Sorry if you disagree but I do think the 2 are different.

Rusty
Track Manager
Old 11-11-2008, 03:56 AM
Tech Elite

OK, I got it.
Usually, "on-road" means lots of left and right turns. You were refering to the oval (which is not a dirt oval).
Old 11-11-2008, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default Dirt Oval

Hi Barnyard,

Despite the differences in the track surface, what you have in the center is commonly referred to as a "Dirt" oval. If you call it on-road, you will confuse some people. You don't want people showing up with pan or touring cars designed to be run only on carpet or asphalt. When people hear on-road, that is what they will think. I had to make special modifications to my TC3, typically an on-road car, in order to drive it successfully on the track. Your center oval is perfect for racers wanting to run sprint cars, late model oval cars, and any off-road vehicles that just want to go fast, then turn left
Old 11-11-2008, 07:47 AM
Tech Regular

Hello everybody!

I'm understanding this whole thing! My question is there going to be a track for 1/10 on-road ele?? I'm having been looking forward to visit the barnyard. Please let me know. Thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.