Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
BarnYard RC Raceway   just track talk. >

BarnYard RC Raceway just track talk.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BarnYard RC Raceway just track talk.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 07:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Just offer an "old fart with little brat" combo deal.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

It seems like such a tiny detail and lots of discussion. On the other hand, the "dad&son" teams will feel more attracted if they can price as one fee. It will be tough to accumulate pieces of policies from your rcTech dudes and put them together unless you have your vision in place. Sometimes it is good to find a track with a nice rule set and just copy it, and maybe go to that track several times so you can also copy handling the odd things that come up that are not in writing. I have seen (and enjoyed) the dad&son policy at StrictlyRC and I hadn't noticed any issues crop up. BUT, I think the last time I was there, and only my son raced (while I helped direct), I discovered that the Rookie class was only $10 instead of $15. I also have no idea how the dad&son would work at a track that charges extra for additional classes. Of course, the dad&son discount isn't that typical, so you could just not have it, too.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Thank for the input but i think ill go for the short & to the point.
Thanks for makin me laugh Kenji i meant no disrespect to the the little boy whos step father that was married to his grandmother of the neice that her uncle didnt invite his son because the aunt brang the grandfather,lol.

Parent & Guardian

Thank Rusty Track MGR.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BobWoodhouse
It seems like such a tiny detail and lots of discussion. On the other hand, the "dad&son" teams will feel more attracted if they can price as one fee. It will be tough to accumulate pieces of policies from your rcTech dudes and put them together unless you have your vision in place. Sometimes it is good to find a track with a nice rule set and just copy it, and maybe go to that track several times so you can also copy handling the odd things that come up that are not in writing. I have seen (and enjoyed) the dad&son policy at StrictlyRC and I hadn't noticed any issues crop up. BUT, I think the last time I was there, and only my son raced (while I helped direct), I discovered that the Rookie class was only $10 instead of $15. I also have no idea how the dad&son would work at a track that charges extra for additional classes. Of course, the dad&son discount isn't that typical, so you could just not have it, too.
Most tracks when you run multiple class they charge an intitial fee for the first entry then a discounted fee for the second or more entries. I think the adult & kid discount is a great idea and most tracks do have specials for them the most common is the adult pays regular entry fee and the kid is charged like a second class on race day. I think this kind of program is good to get the family involved and helps kids get involved with the hobby. I have seen where kids get a car and go to a track and a few weeks later the dad gets one and vice versu. with the costly expense of cars and such a program like this will help bring in more people as such ''TEAMS''.

Neil
Old 11-13-2008, 08:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Default thanks bob

Thanks Bob......................
Old 11-13-2008, 08:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Default russ

rusty how about a no charge if the kids are under 16 with mom or dad. and there both useing the track
Old 11-13-2008, 08:52 AM
Tech Initiate

That sounds like a good idea too. Thanks

Rusty Track MGR.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Not to be a nudge, but what if the kids come with a person who isn't their mom or dad?
Old 11-13-2008, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Not to be a nudge, but what if the kids come with a person who isn't their mom or dad?
Hey, Dad. What would you do?
Old 11-13-2008, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Exactly what I setup with Strictly's venue in the Summer:

Guardian and kid both race for the same fee as one paying adult. Essentially the kid races free. If a bunch of kids show up with one guardian cahrge the guardian full fee, one kid races free and all the others are 1/2 price.

You want lots of kids there racing and coming back every week.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Default good idea ken

thats a great idea.................
Old 11-13-2008, 09:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Default 8 kids

well i have 8 kids , so i know what its like to pay.. any deal that says half price or no charge , i love
Old 11-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Fees

Just my $.02 and how it is handled here.

Family fee for practice $7, regardless of mom,dad,uncle, whatever . Racing is covered under multi class entry , $15 first , second $10 and third and on $7.

Thursday drivers under 16 are free.

Eric
Old 11-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the info Kenji i will talk to Jim about that today when i stop by, Thank you Bob for letting me know about the father/son sheet at strickly i will see if i can get a copy.

Rusty Track MGR.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Barnyard, just so you know ercwhtsd (Eric) also posted. He owns and runs The Track in Winthrop Harbor IL. Trust what he posts because he's been running a successful race and hobbyshop venue for a while now.

Eric's track and store's website is:

http://www.harbor-hobby.net

You should check it out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.