Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Barnyard Rc Raceway - NEW INDOOR RC TRACK - ELGIN, IL >

Barnyard Rc Raceway - NEW INDOOR RC TRACK - ELGIN, IL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Barnyard Rc Raceway - NEW INDOOR RC TRACK - ELGIN, IL

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robk
I'm going to be out of town this weekend, but I do want to check your place out soon
Rob, when go let me know. I'll go with you.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am adding 1/18 scale to the site. The slider, Mini's and late models run great on the track.

Originally Posted by tailgate
Will be out on Saturday to check out. After checking out other track sites,
there is a definate lack for 1/18 scale dirt oval and offroad. Will these be considered? Also, the Slash stock class is the hotest thing currently
racing .It is a great class to get the locals invloved without bending the
wallet. Just some thoughts.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

Default Just a few more Work in progress pics of the track

Standing on the future stand in front of the future pit row is Randy the owner of the track!

track view.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:53 AM
Tech Regular

Default Update on the track!

Hey Guys don't forget to come out to our FREE open house this weekend and check out the track. We will be selling raffle tickets, food is available for purchase, and you get free track time.

The facility is still under construction, and we are running short on tables, and chairs, so you might want to pack a pit table and chair along for yourself.

I have posted more pics up on http://myspace.com/barnyardrcraceway and have also started updating the http://www.barnyardrcraceway site.

Here are the current classes the track plans to have:
Off-Road:
1. Monster Trucks (Electric / Nitro)
2. Truggy / Arena Truck (E / N)
3. Buggy 1/8 (Electric /Nitro)
4. Slayer (Nitro)
5. Slash (electric)
6. Rustler / Stampede (E / N)

Dirt Oval:
1. Dirt Oval 1/8 (E / N)
2. Dirt Oval 1/10 (E / N)
3. Mini T 1/18
4. Mini Slider 1/18
5. Mini Late Model
6. Raminitors

Please let me know if you see something missing that you would like added.

Thanks

Kim
Old 10-24-2008, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Are the hours still until 10PM this Saturday?

Also, I might have missed it but can you give exact directions to the track from I-90?

Thanks.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:19 AM
Tech Regular

Yes, the hours for this saturday are 10am - 10pm.

To get there from 90.

Take 90 to Randall Road to rt 20. Follow rt 20, it turns to a 2 lane road, the first traffic light is nesler rd, turn left. follow nesler until you cross a train track, cross to your right onto Bowes Rd. Follow Bowes, to 40W660 we will have some sort of racing sign out front. There is also a yellow street sign right before the driveway. Drive into the house driveway, and follow the path back to the barn.

Will I be seeing you out there on sat?

Originally Posted by chicagokenji
Are the hours still until 10PM this Saturday?

Also, I might have missed it but can you give exact directions to the track from I-90?

Thanks.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

I should be there tomorrow night.

Thanks.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:24 PM
Tech Regular

Today is the day!

Its finally Saturday! Don't forget to come out to the track to check out our open house. Bring a car or two and test it out.

10am - 10pm.

I hope to see you there!

Kim
Old 10-25-2008, 12:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just got back from their, nice little track. Everyone was nice. Here is a small video of a slash running on the track.
<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i27.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid27.photobucket.com/albums/c190/DoubleDoor/HPIM2360.flv">
Old 10-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

offroad oval....
Old 10-26-2008, 01:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DoubleDoor
Just got back from their, nice little track. Everyone was nice. Here is a small video of a slash running on the track.
<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i27.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid27.photobucket.com/albums/c190/DoubleDoor/HPIM2360.flv">

Hey Thanks for coming out to the track! Any suggestions you have for improvement please let me know!

Hope to see you out there again soon!

Kim
Old 10-26-2008, 01:17 AM
Tech Initiate

yes its just a oval right now but its some place to go. the dirt is great the place is very clean and everyone was very nice. with the dirt your tires will last a long time it is a little small for 1/8 scale but you can get around ok plus if we show them support they are going to have a outdoor track this spring and if you went today youll see they have a lot of room for that. so i just would like to say you guys are doing a great job so far and ithink its only going to get better with time thanks for having us out to day:
Old 10-26-2008, 07:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey the last poster (sciabara.k) wouldn't happen to be Ken Sciabaras would it? If so email me @ [email protected] may be suprised you it is...hint we worked together a long time ago at a place called TUF Racing. I haven't set up a PM deal thingy yet so email or posts are the only thing I can do. I hope this track does make it & a outdoor track does happen...we need more tracks with possible series to keep it interesting!!
Old 10-26-2008, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sciabaras.k
yes its just a oval right now but its some place to go. the dirt is great the place is very clean and everyone was very nice. with the dirt your tires will last a long time it is a little small for 1/8 scale but you can get around ok plus if we show them support they are going to have a outdoor track this spring and if you went today youll see they have a lot of room for that. so i just would like to say you guys are doing a great job so far and ithink its only going to get better with time thanks for having us out to day:

Thanks for the review of the track. Hopefully with all of your support and continued great suggestions we can grow and provide a great local indoor track. Please feel free to email me any suggestions to [email protected].

Thanks again!!!

Kim
Old 10-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Kim, sounds like you will have lots of potential racers out there. I heard today at our races you had about 90 people show up between 10am and and 10pm.

Sounds good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.