Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Barnyard Rc Raceway - NEW INDOOR RC TRACK - ELGIN, IL >

Barnyard Rc Raceway - NEW INDOOR RC TRACK - ELGIN, IL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Barnyard Rc Raceway - NEW INDOOR RC TRACK - ELGIN, IL

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 01:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Alright KIM ! Monster trucks are always fun, but even better when they are solid axle monster trucks (clodbuster, txt1, twinforce) but savages and maxxes and revos are still just as fun!

I am upset at myself that i will not be able to attend this saturday as i will be racing at trackside up north in milwaukee for their saturday night offroad fever series.

If i could submit my suggestions to classes to this new track, i would love to see some stock truck/buggy classes. 6 cell, 27T or 17.5 powered T4s, B4s, XXX-Ts, XXX-CRs, the kyosho buggies etc... the few teaser shots look great and i cannot wait until the NEXT saturday to come out and run!

Are there any thoughts on electric only nights? since i assume you might be running indoor nitro.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I am hoping for the electric-only time, too. It's just a breathing issue, that's all. Well, maybe hearing, too.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chicagokenji
Can't this weekend Donnie, sorry. My kid's football seasons are still going on and that eats up Friday's and Saturdays.

Being that you'll have 5 weeks to go......I spoke with a bunch of the Strictly regulars and they want to head down and give you a little Trans Am show before you open up downtown.

Kenji, sounds like a plan we are always ready for something new. I am still putting mine together. Will not be long now. See ya soon.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Randy Pence the track owner just let me know that I will be the track operations manager, so please please please give me all of your suggestions. We are open to all of them. We plan to have all types of classes, so let me know what you like and what you would like to see and we can see what can be done. Also, please remember this is a new track and we are just starting out and are a work in progress. The track portion is complete, but I am sure everyone will want changes.. lol I know when I goto tracks I am like that.. lol! We are shooting for a fun environment for everyone. It was completely done by hand, due to a dead bobcat and has been a challenge doing two tracks in one space, providing both a dirt oval and a offroad. So on saturday, we are hoping to have the pit areas all completed. So remember when you come, its a work in progress. The more interest, and people willing to help the better the track will be.

If you would like to help with the track let me know.

If you want you can email me at [email protected] or call me at 815-236-5054.

Kim

Originally Posted by V Needs Speed
Alright KIM ! Monster trucks are always fun, but even better when they are solid axle monster trucks (clodbuster, txt1, twinforce) but savages and maxxes and revos are still just as fun!

I am upset at myself that i will not be able to attend this saturday as i will be racing at trackside up north in milwaukee for their saturday night offroad fever series.

If i could submit my suggestions to classes to this new track, i would love to see some stock truck/buggy classes. 6 cell, 27T or 17.5 powered T4s, B4s, XXX-Ts, XXX-CRs, the kyosho buggies etc... the few teaser shots look great and i cannot wait until the NEXT saturday to come out and run!

Are there any thoughts on electric only nights? since i assume you might be running indoor nitro.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Location: Naperville, Illinois- on to Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana Racetracks!
Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

Originally Posted by SavageChick
Randy Pence the track owner just let me know that I will be the track operations manager, so please please please give me all of your suggestions. We are open to all of them. We plan to have all types of classes, so let me know what you like and what you would like to see and we can see what can be done. Also, please remember this is a new track and we are just starting out and are a work in progress. The track portion is complete, but I am sure everyone will want changes.. lol I know when I goto tracks I am like that.. lol! We are shooting for a fun environment for everyone. It was completely done by hand, due to a dead bobcat and has been a challenge doing two tracks in one space, providing both a dirt oval and a offroad. So on saturday, we are hoping to have the pit areas all completed. So remember when you come, its a work in progress. The more interest, and people willing to help the better the track will be.

If you would like to help with the track let me know.

If you want you can email me at [email protected] or call me at 815-236-5054.

Kim

Electric-only Offroad! PLLLEEEASSEEE!
Old 10-21-2008, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Showtime Racing
Electric-only Offroad! PLLLEEEASSEEE!
Do the folks who are requesting electric mean a specific day just for electric practice and racing or is it OK if there's just time during the day that only electric vehicles are on the track.

I bring it up because I'm wondering if there would be enough support in Elgin for a full day of electric only because RTR Nitro Off Road is so popular these days.

I know Joliet has the customer base on Saturday evenings but can a new place afford to do it?

I'm sure ventilation would play a key part in the equation if both nitro and electric are on the same days/times.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

I'm not breathing nitro indoors to race electric. That was the meaning of my request.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Also, I did not notice insulation on the walls in the pics, so heating and ventilating all combined seems like it will be a cold race day in the winter. Not sure what the plan is there.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

So you are saying even with enough ventilation you wouldn't attend the place if nitro has been running? How much time from when Nitro vehicles were running to when it would be acceptable for you to be there? Joilet has two hours on Saturdays.

How many electric racers do you think they can attract to Elgin for a day's worth of racing/practicing? I don't have a clue.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'd say race electric and nitro on different days. Also, as far as the temps go.... during the dead of winter, there's nothing that can be done about how cold it will get in the track area when you're runnin nitro. I know the last time i was down at leisure at the end of Jan. it was fricken COLD in the track area.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

I agree with assocRacer. I practiced at Waterloo Iowa and before they insulated a lot, they would get condensation falling from the ceiling and forming ice spots on the dirt. You could just as well race outdoors on a track that is tarped from the snow and has a windbreak on the drivers stand.

So you are saying even with enough ventilation you wouldn't attend the place if nitro has been running? How much time from when Nitro vehicles were running to when it would be acceptable for you to be there? Joilet has two hours on Saturdays.

How many electric racers do you think they can attract to Elgin for a day's worth of racing/practicing? I don't have a clue.
There is never enough ventilation indoors. Even the RcPro series Nationals in the Rockford Metro Center had a challenge keeping the air flow. And it was cold in there. Could probably stand to start racing the moment the nitros stopped and would just deal with the tapering off fumes.

No clue on the marketing question about electric racers. Hopefully that stuff is studied before a business opens. If its not that many interested, then it just won't be. OTOH, there is a little chicken and egg or catch-22 on who shows up based upon how things are run.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

Currently, there is no insulation in the building, after we see what type of turnout and who all is interested that could be an option. We are planning on when it starts to get really cold to have some heating options available.

Originally Posted by BobWoodhouse
Also, I did not notice insulation on the walls in the pics, so heating and ventilating all combined seems like it will be a cold race day in the winter. Not sure what the plan is there.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Tech Rookie

What kind of oval classes are you planning?? I used to run at Thunder RC in wisconsin before I moved and we ran TC4's and such for the modified late model class. I am really interested in see that class open up or at least a stock late model class. What days do you plan to run on?? Also is the electric on site??
Old 10-21-2008, 11:19 AM
Tech Regular

Great ideas guys! thanks! As for times and classes, after the open house I will be reviewing everyones input. After we know who likes the track, and what everyone runs, we will be able to get a schedule put together. Please make sure you let me know what you like/hate/or would like to see. I love suggestions, am adaptable to change and love seeing people have fun!

I have received alot of calls with questions also.. so I will share some more info with you here also..

When you arrive to the track, you will turn into a drive way of a house, on one side of the drive way is a swimming pool, you will drive up the drive way, and around the garage (to the right) and following the path back to the big barn. To enter the track this is the fun part.. you enter through the horse stables, There are 2 horses that live there so please respect them. Once you go though the stables there is a in progress area where we will have some basic parts, and then a snack area, where soda and microwavable items will be available. Then to your right will be the pit area. Right now, we have very few chairs, so bring a chair for now. Please remember this is a work in progress, and we are hoping to identify alot of the bugs during the open house so that we can constantly make improvements.

Thanks again for all the suggestions!

Kim

Originally Posted by AssocRacer
I'd say race electric and nitro on different days. Also, as far as the temps go.... during the dead of winter, there's nothing that can be done about how cold it will get in the track area when you're runnin nitro. I know the last time i was down at leisure at the end of Jan. it was fricken COLD in the track area.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Good point on the oval. I don't think oval has been big around here, but I would like to learn more about oval racing. That is an example where you might have to force a class and see if it draws folks. If I saw oval classes, who knows, maybe I would join in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.