Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Barnyard Rc Raceway - NEW INDOOR RC TRACK - ELGIN, IL >

Barnyard Rc Raceway - NEW INDOOR RC TRACK - ELGIN, IL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Barnyard Rc Raceway - NEW INDOOR RC TRACK - ELGIN, IL

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 08:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

stg099 pretty much summed it up, especially the exhaust fan.

While I personally only race electric, I am not anti-nitro and would not need to come on an electric only day if the air is breathable and my eyes don't get irritated.

Next on the list would be some right turns, but I think the oval could be ok for awhile once racing starts and it's not just bashing.

Above all, keep it fun. That's what this is all about.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hi, SavageChick.

I am assuming a "racing track" as compared to what might be called a "bashing tracK". Either way can be fine, but my mind is about racing. One of the things that would get me there is more or less a "racing program". By that, I mean if I knew that races are on Sunday, opening at 9, sign up til noon, races start at 1, as an example. And then if this formed a pattern, then I would start thinking about fitting it into my "routine." Even if the only race class was "open anything", racing all vehicle types together, I can handle that. Setting a schedule is probably a sub-component of an overall need for a skillful race director. I do not know if you have been to other tracks -- if not, then a visit to Leisure Hours in Joliet could be a good idea for the race director. Finding a volunteer race director is another way.

Of course, the nitro fumes aren't for me. If they can be removed, that is great.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BobWoodhouse
Hi, SavageChick.

I am assuming a "racing track" as compared to what might be called a "bashing tracK". Either way can be fine, but my mind is about racing. One of the things that would get me there is more or less a "racing program". By that, I mean if I knew that races are on Sunday, opening at 9, sign up til noon, races start at 1, as an example. And then if this formed a pattern, then I would start thinking about fitting it into my "routine." Even if the only race class was "open anything", racing all vehicle types together, I can handle that. Setting a schedule is probably a sub-component of an overall need for a skillful race director. I do not know if you have been to other tracks -- if not, then a visit to Leisure Hours in Joliet could be a good idea for the race director. Finding a volunteer race director is another way.

Of course, the nitro fumes aren't for me. If they can be removed, that is great.

Bob.. the racing schedule is in the works, and is coming to the track soon. I know for sure we will have a slash, buggy, and truck class.

As for me, I have been to MANY tracks in the past including leisure. I have raced buggies, trucks, and truggies in the past. My love though is for extreme bashing with savages. The higher and faster that I can get them to fly, flip, and wheelie.. the happier I am.. lol.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Timmahhh
Agreed in all aspects. I would like to add to the list: a huge "jump of death" through some flames, although I realize thats a tall order to fill.

I personally love that idea the video on that would be kick in. lol. But I doubt that will be implemented into the indoor track.. but definately would be fun on our future outdoor track.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Hmmm. How about a large jump that can land on a trampoline. Maybe 2 wooden ramps (1 launching and 2 landing), you can adjust the angle by setting block under them, have a distance contest or an inverse-limbo height contest.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BobWoodhouse
Hmmm. How about a large jump that can land on a trampoline. Maybe 2 wooden ramps (1 launching and 2 landing), you can adjust the angle by setting block under them, have a distance contest or an inverse-limbo height contest.
Something like this?
Old 11-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Yup.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:05 PM
Tech Regular

Default No Longer Associated with track!

To All,
As of 10:15pm Thursday November 6, 2008
I was informed that, Barnyard RC Raceway in Elgin Il. is closed per the owner.

If it will ever open again? I don't know.

But I will no longer promote, support or attend it if it does.

Pass the word on to others so they don't go out there expecting to run thier
RC's.

P.S.
I will be looking into a more reliable place to run our stuff in the
upcoming months.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Myself and the rest of the staff from the Barnyard Rc Raceway will not be working for the present owner anymore.
As the Savage Chick posted the track is now closed.

We are all looking for a better place to run our stuff and be the best crew out there to run a track.

Kim thanks for being the Best Track Operations Manager there is,
Unfortunatly he didn't know what he had for a staff.
Our future can only get better.
OVALBOY
Old 11-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

so what happend???????
Old 11-07-2008, 07:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Just when we were starting to think that this could be a reality it's gone? What happened?? I guess my free race coupon from last week is useless now
Old 11-07-2008, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Wow! That was sudden. It would be nice to get the rest of the story at some point. I've been working on an oval conversion for my TC3 and just finished last night. I was ready to be out there Sunday. What a disappointment! A familiar one though. R/C Raceland in Carol Stream was showing some promise and then vanished in a puff of smoke about 3 weeks after opening. Racers around here must be getting used to it by now. Just like a Chicago sports fan. Not sure what it would take to open a reliable indoor R/C track somewhere around the western or north western suburbs. I see a lot of ideas floating around these message boards but no one with the "balls" to make it work. Guess I'll break out my old Queen album, "...another one bites the dust!"
Old 11-07-2008, 07:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

That just pisses me off so bad. Everybody payed the one time $5.00 membership fee that's no good for anything anymore.

I just spent $150.00 on new tires, sway bars and springs which are only good for that loamy dirt at Barnyard.

Then I went ahead and bought a buggy on Monday to race this winter. I would have never bought it if I didn't have a place to run it.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by beemerfan
Not sure what it would take to open a reliable indoor R/C track somewhere around the western or north western suburbs. I see a lot of ideas floating around these message boards but no one with the "balls" to make it work."
We've built a "reliable" program at Strictly in Norridge. That's NW.

It's not about huevos, it's about money. You could have huge balls but without money it doesn't even get off the ground. RC racing doesn't create a profit otherwise you'd see tracks. Al's and Venture have been in the biz a long time and other than the RSJ they've never created a racing program. Think about it...they have the customers but they don't have tracks.........
Old 11-07-2008, 08:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Default managers. just could not get along. its that simple.

let me know if anyone still wants to come out. if i get no input by 2pm today, the doors are closed.

kim was a huge part of the track , and i thank her.

Thanks to all of you who helped out on building it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.