Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
U.S. Vintage Trans Am Nationals: April 12th, 2008 >

U.S. Vintage Trans Am Nationals: April 12th, 2008

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

U.S. Vintage Trans Am Nationals: April 12th, 2008

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nexus
Argh!! I have been caught on camera?! Totally unacceptable!!
I fixed it for you!
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans Am Nationals: April 12th, 2008-not_nexus.jpg  
Old 02-02-2008, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Doug,

The Challenger will be ready along with a "secret" project that I'm working on now. Something not seen yet.

Socko
Old 02-02-2008, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Michal101
Which manufacturer for both camaro and cuda?
I think in this class, the preferred body of choice is made by HPI.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JonnySocko
Doug,

The Challenger will be ready along with a "secret" project that I'm working on now. Something not seen yet.

Socko

I can't wait to see what you have in store.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

So this race looks like it'll be fun, and I kinda want to get a car together. Couple questions-

1. Can I seriously not get my body painted with my normal "custom" paint job? I don't really understand this rule, a paint job is a paint job, why should it matter if its custom?

2. Will this race be Stock brushed, or 17.5 brushless?

Thanks.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Speaking of paintjobs...

What's the easiest way to get a number on the hood, and doors?

Is there some kind of sticker set I can buy? I'd paint the body with a white circle on the hood, and doors and apply a number on the outside of the body?
Old 02-02-2008, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by D Hunt 3
1. Can I seriously not get my body painted with my normal "custom" paint job? I don't really understand this rule, a paint job is a paint job, why should it matter if its custom?
No one can force you to paint your car in any way, but the one of the base concepts of this class is scale modeling and realism. It is suggested that a realistic-looking race car or vintage paint job is used in Trans Am, but if you decide against it, that's your call. All you do is open yourself up to is hazing from everyone else. I know the first fluorescent and chrome Hara paint job I see will be a constant moving target on the track. You might as well paint a bulls-eye on it...

USVTA rules are not either/or for a track or an event—you can select brushed or brushless based on whatever you want to run. We run them together, and they are very close.

There seems to be some misunderstanding from some people about the motor rule. A USVTA track does not choose what motor you run within their system... you do. Each has it's own advantages and disadvantages. Personally, I own a car with each motor in it, and I like the brushless car better. It's a little bit slower but has better pop in the infield.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by chicagokenji
Speaking of paintjobs...

What's the easiest way to get a number on the hood, and doors?

Is there some kind of sticker set I can buy? I'd paint the body with a white circle on the hood, and doors and apply a number on the outside of the body?
HPI has a great decal sheet that they made for the Nitro muscle car kits...

Send Andy H an e-mail at [email protected], and he will send you a few out. Or you can wait, and I'll have some to give out at The Track.

Be sure to take a look at the main USVTA thread here for more details about this class, some resources for race car paint job ideas and a lot of other great tips.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Longest Haul

Attention racers!

Karen and I have decided to sweeten the pot for the driver traveling the longest one way distance to the event.

The participant will recieve a $25 gas card to fill up for your return trip home.

Eric
Old 02-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D Hunt 3
So this race looks like it'll be fun, and I kinda want to get a car together. Couple questions-

Thanks.
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
No one can force you to paint your car in any way, but the one of the base concepts of this class is scale modeling and realism. It is suggested that a realistic-looking race car or vintage paint job is used in Trans Am, but if you decide against it, that's your call. All you do is open yourself up to is hazing from everyone else. I know the first fluorescent and chrome Hara paint job I see will be a constant moving target on the track. You might as well paint a bulls-eye on it...
I have distributed many "chrome horn reward" style Illinois RC stickers in the past. You would be setting me up to run out of stickers if any airbrush explosions appear at the track.

Why not use the colors you normally run to make a sweet, Trans Am style paint job? There are tons of cool cars in hot rod mags
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans Am Nationals: April 12th, 2008-orgmuscle.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans Am Nationals: April 12th, 2008-68-firebird.jpg  
Old 02-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default from Mishawaka, IN

My son and i will be coming from Mishawaka, IN. We race this class now at MRCR (one of the listed tracks).

I was the ONLY one to choose the 1970 Boss mustang body. It is narrower and longer. The front is the strongest one made.

i don't know how to post pic's here so i'll send them to Doug.

Mike

Last edited by miket3; 02-02-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miket3
My son and i will be coming from Mishawaka, IN. We race this class now at MRCR (one of the listed tracks).

I was the ONLY one to choose the 1970 Boss mustang body. It is narrower and longer. The front is the strongest one made.

i don't know how to post pic's here so i'll send them to Doug.

Mike
Awesome Mike.

Glad to see you guys coming out for the race! More Mustangs the better!!!
Old 02-03-2008, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

I just found out about this thread. I love this idea! I want to go and take some videos for youre website Alex. I just got my "hall pass" so I am there.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

you better be comming for more than just taking videos !

you need to come for some sweet trans am action
Old 02-03-2008, 08:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wallstreet
you better be comming for more than just taking videos !

you need to come for some sweet trans am action
The TC3 will be ready April 12th

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.