Like Tree13Likes

Vintage RC-10 buggy help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2023, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Vintage RC-10 buggy help

Hi everyone, been a while for me. Stepped away from R/C for a bit, still have all my cars and what not just haven't had time to play with any of them. Well, 2 weeks ago I severed my achilles tendon and while searching for something to do while off my feet I came across a huge lot of R/C stuff for free! I got a partial Traxxas TRX-10 Bullet, Marui Big Bear, Traxxas The Cat, graphite chassis RC-10, 2 Yokomo GT-4s, a partial HPI Bullet G3.0 and a couple other random things. FREE! Anyway, some will be sold, some will be kept, cleaned up, and hopefully returned to running condition.

I'm setting my sights on the RC-10 currently and I'm hoping to get a little guidance on sources for parts, compatibility between models, etc. I'm not looking for a period correct super-detailed restoration. I'm going to drive it and have fun with it. I'd like to run 2S and a mild brushless system.

Clearly I'll need wheels and tires, slipper clutch/spur, servo mount, a couple front suspension bits. So far I'm having trouble figuring out which slipper clutch I'll need, are ones from other models compatible?

I think I need to boil the nylon parts in hydrogen peroxide to whiten them up? Am I remembering that correctly?

If anyone has anything that I'll need laying around you wouldn't mind parting with, let me know.

Thanks!

Old 03-20-2023, 05:48 AM
Tech Addict

Parts for the Rc10 are getting hard to find and demand $$$$. I know the stock slipper clutch is discontinued and expensive to replace. I use a slipper from the b4 v2 for my truck but again parts are hard to come by. Best place to find part is Ebay. Electronics go brushless.
Old 03-20-2023, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mwildmann;[url=tel:15990471
15990471[/url]]Hi everyone, been a while for me. Stepped away from R/C for a bit, still have all my cars and what not just haven't had time to play with any of them. Well, 2 weeks ago I severed my achilles tendon and while searching for something to do while off my feet I came across a huge lot of R/C stuff for free! I got a partial Traxxas TRX-10 Bullet, Marui Big Bear, Traxxas The Cat, graphite chassis RC-10, 2 Yokomo GT-4s, a partial HPI Bullet G3.0 and a couple other random things. FREE! Anyway, some will be sold, some will be kept, cleaned up, and hopefully returned to running condition.

I'm setting my sights on the RC-10 currently and I'm hoping to get a little guidance on sources for parts, compatibility between models, etc. I'm not looking for a period correct super-detailed restoration. I'm going to drive it and have fun with it. I'd like to run 2S and a mild brushless system.

Clearly I'll need wheels and tires, slipper clutch/spur, servo mount, a couple front suspension bits. So far I'm having trouble figuring out which slipper clutch I'll need, are ones from other models compatible?

I think I need to boil the nylon parts in hydrogen peroxide to whiten them up? Am I remembering that correctly?

If anyone has anything that I'll need laying around you wouldn't mind parting with, let me know.

Thanks!

don’t boil the white parts in hydrogen peroxide just put them in a glass container filled with hydrogen peroxide and put it out in the sun for a few days. You’ll have to agitate it every so often to move the parts around so the UV light from the sun can work with the peroxide to bleach the parts.

Old 03-20-2023, 06:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 1995 Monster T
Parts for the Rc10 are getting hard to find and demand $$$$. I know the stock slipper clutch is discontinued and expensive to replace. I use a slipper from the b4 v2 for my truck but again parts are hard to come by. Best place to find part is Ebay. Electronics go brushless.
If a RC-10B4 slipper will work, will an RC-10T3 slipper also work? IIRC, a relatively recent MRP Ripper is a rebadged RC-10T3? That would make availability even better?

I've always wanted one of these buggies since I was a kid in the 90's and I'm determined to see this thru. Thank you for your assistance!
Old 03-20-2023, 06:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by petersen114
don’t boil the white parts in hydrogen peroxide just put them in a glass container filled with hydrogen peroxide and put it out in the sun for a few days. You’ll have to agitate it every so often to move the parts around so the UV light from the sun can work with the peroxide to bleach the parts.
Thank you! I will give this a shot.
Old 03-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Old school rc on that big social media book will have tons of resources.
Old 03-20-2023, 07:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Silverbullet555
Old school rc on that big social media book will have tons of resources.
I've resisted joining FB for so long I just don't know if I can do it...you're chipping away at my armor...
petersen114 likes this.
Old 03-20-2023, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mwildmann
I've resisted joining FB for so long I just don't know if I can do it...you're chipping away at my armor...
I don’t blame you.
Old 03-20-2023, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

Does this work for a slipper?

Associated RC10 T4 B4 SC10 B44 GT Slipper Hubs & Slipper Pad 7485 9603. #4719 | eBay
Old 03-20-2023, 10:26 AM
Tech Addict

If a RC-10B4 slipper will work, will an RC-10T3 slipper also work? IIRC, a relatively recent MRP Ripper is a rebadged RC-10T3? That would make availability even better?

I've always wanted one of these buggies since I was a kid in the 90's and I'm determined to see this thru. Thank you for your assistance!
I believe that rc10t 3 and b3 are the same as on the 10GT which are both discontinued. Team Associated RC10 B2 B3 T3 Slipper Clutch NOS Complete Stealth Transmission | eBay As for the Mrp ripper again do you want to spend $$$ for the parts??? I suggest buying a more complete truck and use what you have for spars.
MonkeyCmonkeyDo likes this.
Old 03-20-2023, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 1995 Monster T
I believe that rc10t 3 and b3 are the same as on the 10GT which are both discontinued. Team Associated RC10 B2 B3 T3 Slipper Clutch NOS Complete Stealth Transmission | eBay As for the Mrp ripper again do you want to spend $$$ for the parts??? I suggest buying a more complete truck and use what you have for spars.
Got it, parts up to B3, T3, GT.

My daughters R/C is an RC-10T3. Bone stock. Do I need to be a jerk and steal parts from it?
Old 03-20-2023, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Got it, parts up to B3, T3, GT.

My daughters R/C is an RC-10T3. Bone stock. Do I need to be a jerk and steal parts from it?
I’ll look in my old Associated parts bin and see what I can come up with.
Old 03-20-2023, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

I’ll look in my old Associated parts bin and see what I can come up with.
Thank you! I'll certainly pay for the parts and shipping if you find anything.
petersen114 likes this.
Old 03-20-2023, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Thank you! I'll certainly pay for the parts and shipping if you find anything.
Can you post good pics of the stealth transmission unbolted from the other parts, especially the motor plate?
Old 03-20-2023, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

Can you post good pics of the stealth transmission unbolted from the other parts, especially the motor plate?
It's still on the chassis right now but I'll disassemble it tonight and post up some pics for you.
petersen114 likes this.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.