Wiki Posts
Search

Tire recommendations help

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2024, 05:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Tire recommendations help

Hello again,
Still new to forums in general, not sure if I should be posting this many threads but couldn't find the exact answer I'm looking for. So I've been reviving my 2012 2wd rustler vxl and bought some proline street fighter tires for on the asphalt as that is mostly where I drive it. Currently on a camping trip and tried driving it with the stock 2wd rustler tires because I didn't think the street fighters would do great on gravel/dirt. My stock tires are quite worn down which may be my problem but on packed gravel there was absolutely no traction. If I hit the accelerator a tiny bit I would spin out. On rough gravel the tires worked pretty well. My question is, if I were to buy new tires, what would be the best tire for a packed gravel with fairly low traction?
Old 06-26-2024, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

Proline Trenchers might work that's about the only thing i can think to recommend. it's getting to be slim pickins for all terrain or basher tires for 2wd stadium trucks these days.
if you're good with getting older tires on ebay find ether Badlands or Gladiator 2's. those work on pretty much everything that isn't paved.
Old Yesterday, 10:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by El_Rando
Proline Trenchers might work that's about the only thing i can think to recommend. it's getting to be slim pickins for all terrain or basher tires for 2wd stadium trucks these days.
if you're good with getting older tires on ebay find ether Badlands or Gladiator 2's. those work on pretty much everything that isn't paved.
Thanks a lot!