Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I only race with my GT3B. NO BASHING! I don't know how many people I've raced with for the last 6 months. Probably 50ish or so. My FS has only glitched one radio. A m11 with an old spektrum system in it. No other spektrums had any troubles that I know of.
This week I will be using my newly converted JR R-1 with the GT3 module in it. I'm hoping that it will perform as well as the GG3B has. I've had no glitching at all with my GT3B. But I did notice a couple of small glitches with the R-1 with my old spektrum system in. If it performs flawlessly, then no more high dollar spektrums for me!
Old 05-04-2011, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I think the Spektrum may be partially to blame as well. I really like the GT3B and want to use it. The radio feels good in my hand and it has a quality to it that is just right. You can see from my recent posts that I've been spending some time with it to try and prove it as a useful and inexpensive radio. But there's no denying what I observed today. Some of the interference with the Spektrum was pretty bad. But this was also a bench test and I was deliberately trying to find a problem. In the cases where the Spektrums barely glitched, I'm guessing that would have gone unnoticed or maybe even would not have occurred if both transmitters were on a driver's stand and both cars on the track. But I can't help thinking about what would I do if I'm racing with my DX2S and start getting a bunch of odd glitching and then look over and see someone using a GT3B? Today was just a day I had to waste and wanted to answer some questions for myself. I made the answers public so others can verify and use the information as they see fit. I will try out my GT3B in a real race situation at a track I know that is pretty low key. I'll ask anyone using a Spektrum to please take note of any perceived interference and then post back my results about that as well.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

The flysky gt2 has the same freq hopping technology. Could you try the same test from 15ft away. Kind of like a cb radio being heard on a tv or radio because of power. I'm not saying you won't still see interference but now I'm very curious if you'll have terrible interference from a somewhat normal distance.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Not a bad idea. I'll have to make that the next test. I figure since I have 4 Spektrums and a GT3B at my disposal, some testing could benefit the community.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

I can say that my gt2 and my gt3b take down the wifi in my house. I can't race on vrc while anyone is watching Netflix or anything wifi... It will stop. I don't have any other 2.4 transmitters to test with.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beemerfan
I did some bench testing of my radio today. The results were disappointing. I guess I’ll just be using the GT3B as a game controller for VRC.

I tested it against Losi LSR-3000, Spektrum DX2, Spektrum DX3, and Spektrum DX2S transmitters randomly paired with Losi MRX3000, Spektrum SR3500, Spektrum SR3000 and Spektrum SR3300T receivers. I counted the number of hits the Spektrums took in 1 minute from 0, 15 and 30 feet while the GT3B was operating 0 feet from the cars. Steering hits ranged from a barely audible servo noise to actual repeated left and right motion. Throttle hits ranged from lights indicating a signal on the speed control to sputtering movement of the wheels. Generally speaking, the cheaper/older MRX3000 and SR3000 receivers did better especially when paired with the DX2 or DX3 12 volt (8 AA) radios. The higher performance SR3300T telemetry receiver and the micro sized SR3500 did worse, especially when paired with the DX2S or LSR-3000 6 volt (4 AA) radios. The bottom line is that every Spektrum radio experienced at least some interference on the throttle, steering or both because of this radio. None of the Spektrums experienced any interference from each other when the GT3B was powered off.

The worst case was the pairing of the DX3 with the SR3500 using a Tekin RS speed control. It took a combined 40 steering and throttle hits in 1 minute with the transmitter right next to the car and 35 hits with it 15 feet away. My Tekin is setup with a very narrow neutral width which I think contributed to the problem. The best case was a tie between the pairing of the DX2 with the SR3000 and the DX3 with the MRX3000. Each car took only 1 small hit to the steering from all ranges combined.

So I’m not going put myself on the driver’s stand with one of these in my hand knowing what I now know. I couldn’t do that to my fellow racers. It’s too bad really, because after reprogramming these radios were showing some promise, especially with the fact that receivers are under $8. The packaging for the GT3B lists an FCC certificate but there is no ID number on the transmitter itself, which I believe is required. So I wonder if these radios are really FCC approved?

It's still an okay basher radio or for some play racing with friends. But with the popularity of Spektrum radios at local racing events, I wouldn't want to be the guy singled out as the reason somebody hit the boards with their $800 touring car or a marshal or spectator that gets injured by a Nitro monster truck because of interference from my radio. I'm dissapointed with the Spektrums I've invested in as well because they are receiving the interference. Does anyone know of any situation where these radios have interfered with a Futaba, KO, Sanwa or other brand? I'm probably going to slowly start making a switch after this.
Hi one thing i wonder about the GTB3 is how strong is the signal coming out of the radio... I am wondering if it is set to a standard RC radio strenth I wonder if it's 2.4 could be way boosted above RC limits and maybe it could be hazardous to your health As i recal reading another manufactures radio specs where they state keeping your hand at least 2 inches away from the antenna with this china radio i fear they may not be going by specs by law?

Another thing mybe when using the GTB3 radio it may inter fear with the spektrum .... I know i have the gtb3 modual's in my KO PROPO radios anyone using a GTB3 2.4 modual in another brand radio have interfearance with the spektrum? may only do this with the stock gtb3 radio it's self?
Old 05-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Also to test for glitching you may also want to make sure you are like 20ft away from the cars .. even with FM when the cars are very near the radios you will get glitching but when they are set a distance away from the radios no glitching will accure... another factor may be when using 1 gtb3 and 1 spektrum radio they may interfear with each other but now maybe if another spektrum radio and car was used so as 2 spektrum radios and RX's and it would cause the spektrum units to change diferently and won't be effected by the GTB3
Old 05-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I wonder if this is a quality control issue. I turned on my GT3B and walked around the house to see if it would interfere with anything. It didn't do anything to my wifi/wii/laptops. The only thing it did interfere with is a video baby monitor and that was only when the radio was touching the monitor. I've used the radio around other people but not large crowds. I'm curious to see how these other tests will go.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by reptile
Hi one thing i wonder about the GTB3 is how strong is the signal coming out of the radio... I am wondering if it is set to a standard RC radio strenth I wonder if it's 2.4 could be way boosted above RC limits and maybe it could be hazardous to your health As i recal reading another manufactures radio specs where they state keeping your hand at least 2 inches away from the antenna with this china radio i fear they may not be going by specs by law?

Another thing mybe when using the GTB3 radio it may inter fear with the spektrum .... I know i have the gtb3 modual's in my KO PROPO radios anyone using a GTB3 2.4 modual in another brand radio have interfearance with the spektrum? may only do this with the stock gtb3 radio it's self?
Radio waves are non-ionizing radiation. They are not harmful AT ALL. It is just a different wavelength of light.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Stregone
Radio waves are non-ionizing radiation. They are not harmful AT ALL. It is just a different wavelength of light.
That's not true.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (90%+)

Radio waves won't become dangerous to humans. It's on the very end of te electromagnetic spectrum(safe end).

Well all the GT3Bs perform differently. Some interfere with Spektrum systems, some interfere with wireless things(wifi). Mine interferes with my wifi but not to any Spektrums. But it's bound to interfere with something wireless. CCTV, monitors, tv, radio, etc. So far it's only Spektrums and wifi.

Beemerfan, you can't entirely blame it on the GT3B itself. It has FHSS or watever. It'll change frequency if there's any interference. There's none. It insteads interferes with other systems. Spektrum is a much bigger brand than Flysky and I'm sure their technology is just as good, even better. If they are being interfered with it'll simply just change frequencies. If it fails to do that, it would be Spektrums fault.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I can say I've raced several times with all different types of 2.4 ghz radios (Spektrum, Futaba, Airtronics). Have never noticed any interference, racing both indoors and out. I've kept my eye open for it, but I've seen interference between radios of the same brand before, so it wouldn't surprise me.

I'll update if I notice anything.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Default 2.4gHz Radio Interference

Guys,

Though I am new to RC cars I am a long-time aero modeler. Credible reports of glitching / interference lock out in high density 2.4GHz settings are just starting to appear as 2.4 technology displaces older channel driven radios. Typically we're talking about 30+ transmitters (various technology protocols) all operating within very close proximity, like a flight line at a contest.

My personal experience using "hi-end" Spektrum / JR radios is that the simpler radios included with ARF or RTR planes and cars are no more or less susceptible to this interference, or to causing it. Fortunately, though data loggers can record data drops on 2.4 receivers the actual number of crashes caused by this interference / band density still appears very low.

Check YouTube for videos on the RCModel Reviews channel for more information on the specific issue of interference lock-outs on DSM and DSM2 radios. Look for: Spektrum/JR DSM2 test (Part 1) for a discussion of the limitations and strengths of this technology.

At the end of the day we're all still using just hobby-grade equipment in what is and will become an increasingly dense radio band. Do a range check every time, be aware of what's going on with your fellow drivers, and operate in a safe manner.

Just my $.02.

:harry
Old 05-05-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Harry E
Guys,

Though I am new to RC cars I am a long-time aero modeler. Credible reports of glitching / interference lock out in high density 2.4GHz settings are just starting to appear as 2.4 technology displaces older channel driven radios. Typically we're talking about 30+ transmitters (various technology protocols) all operating within very close proximity, like a flight line at a contest.

My personal experience using "hi-end" Spektrum / JR radios is that the simpler radios included with ARF or RTR planes and cars are no more or less susceptible to this interference, or to causing it. Fortunately, though data loggers can record data drops on 2.4 receivers the actual number of crashes caused by this interference / band density still appears very low.

Check YouTube for videos on the RCModel Reviews channel for more information on the specific issue of interference lock-outs on DSM and DSM2 radios. Look for: Spektrum/JR DSM2 test (Part 1) for a discussion of the limitations and strengths of this technology.

At the end of the day we're all still using just hobby-grade equipment in what is and will become an increasingly dense radio band. Do a range check every time, be aware of what's going on with your fellow drivers, and operate in a safe manner.

Just my $.02.

:harry
That's why some pros still use FM now that no one uses FM it's probably better to use than the 2.4 now adays!
Old 05-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Anyone having troublesw with their GT3B's and care to elaborate on their troubles? So far 3 of the 4 locals who use a GT3B have experienced troubles of various glitches.

I think I have a pattern in my head but I need a larger sample of date to see if my hunch is correct.

So, how many people have had glitches and what happened?

So far a few of the problems I have heard about are on radios that have had new firmware installed and on old firmware so I don't think that is a problem. Two cases I heard about were resolved by going to a new model but that should not be a solution as it lowers the posible model spots available.

One person I spoke with had glitching on multiple model but the problem seemed to be related to the steering. When he went to full throw with his endpoints set to 144% the throttle would go to full. As soon as he let go normal opperation returned.

So, let's hear your stories.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.