Search
Like Tree1Likes

FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dirtracer20
i got my gt3b today iam inpressed with it so far,just got to learn how to use it.question i have is mine came with a usb cord that goes from radio to pc to be able to run a game to practice with how do i get the program to get it to work
well not impressed anymore radio is way to slow for me,Iam thinking it would work good for onroad tracks,we have a 1,2,3 section and I can do the 1,2 with the radio but I can't get the 3. So I put my airtronics system in my truck and no problem getting the section,its a cool radio just not fast enough for me
Old 02-28-2011, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dirtracer20
well not impressed anymore radio is way to slow for me,Iam thinking it would work good for onroad tracks,we have a 1,2,3 section and I can do the 1,2 with the radio but I can't get the 3. So I put my airtronics system in my truck and no problem getting the section,its a cool radio just not fast enough for me
I kind of was thinking the same thing after swapping out my spektrum i find my self feeling like all my cars i use now with the GT3B have slow steering response and i find myself not driving as good now...example with my mini summit i would have to slow my servos response down to 80% or 75% with the spectrum and now with the GT3B 2.4 i am turning up the expo setting on my Ko propo flysky 2.4 eqipped radio now.... so it must be much slower?
Old 02-28-2011, 06:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drsmooth
Quote (Doesn't Spektrum use Digital Hopping Spread Spektrum or DSSS)

The M11 had what looked like one of the original Spektrum modules in it. Plus the antenna on the module appeared to have been broken at some point in time. There was a big glob of glue at the pivet point & it wouldn't rotate to the vertical position. It was locked in the horizonal position. I thing that this probably had a lot to do with has problem.
No that would not do nothing those antenneas break there all the time where it swivels.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Location: AL, FL, IL, GA, MO, Canada due to race track locations and time there:)

Originally Posted by QuangVuong
Yeah I hav had the prob of the radio interfering with my wifi. So I wouldn't be too surprised if it affected anything else.

Doesn't Spektrum use Digital Hopping Spread Spektrum or DSSS. Cause if there is interference with one of the channels, it would simply swap to another channel. Looks like big brands aren't entirely true.

Also, security cameras work a number on the Losi and Spektrum 2.4s as some security setups and cameras run on scrambled freq also. We ran into a prob years back with this and the Spektrums. Of course it was the cameras fault, never a mere 400.00 radio

Robert
TERC
Old 02-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamedgerc
That happen to one of the guys here. The trigger broke off. Do like he and now a couple of others that followed suit, make one out of graphite. Not sure what thicknes but what I gather,, looks and feels nearly the same as the plastic they say. I don't think you'll be breaking a graphite one once its mounted up.

Robert
TERC
aaahhh, got it. i was digging around the junk drawer and found some old 16mm shock spacers. i put my finger in it a voila! perfect. i cut off the little piece of the brake trigger that was left, drilled a small hole on the trigger and screwed it on. feels perfect now, no more finger slip, ever. probably do this to all future radios i get.
Attached Thumbnails FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter-lifebatssale-003.jpg  
Old 02-28-2011, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Location: AL, FL, IL, GA, MO, Canada due to race track locations and time there:)

Originally Posted by j_blaze14
aaahhh, got it. i was digging around the junk drawer and found some old 16mm shock spacers. i put my finger in it a voila! perfect. i cut off the little piece of the brake trigger that was left, drilled a small hole on the trigger and screwed it on. feels perfect now, no more finger slip, ever. probably do this to all future radios i get.
Interesting solution Blaze, and once again a low cost one to go with many who have not tons of money to throw into a expensive radio. Thanks for the post and idea..... Would you post what type or brand the spacer goes to? As we have many drivers keeping up with this forum who to have our radios who race.

Robert
TERC
Old 02-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default The glitching is driving me nuts

Hi everyone,
I just received my GT3B and wired it up to my SC10, it is glitching the steering servo like mad. I am using a cc SCT sidewinder system and an external Novak BEC. The instant it turns on it starts glitching , outside or inside it doesn't matter. I hook my KO tx/rx up and everything works like a charm. I have also noticed that the voltage on the tx seems to fluctuate quite a bit, from 10.8 to 8.1v back and forth. Any ideas?

Thanks, Hoho
Old 03-01-2011, 12:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

has anyone worked on making the third channel into a third position as opposed to the stock 2 position??

mine is on its way in the mail, just thinking, definately gonna be modding the colour of it for sure too.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (90%+)

Originally Posted by Hohopirates
Hi everyone,
I just received my GT3B and wired it up to my SC10, it is glitching the steering servo like mad. I am using a cc SCT sidewinder system and an external Novak BEC. The instant it turns on it starts glitching , outside or inside it doesn't matter. I hook my KO tx/rx up and everything works like a charm. I have also noticed that the voltage on the tx seems to fluctuate quite a bit, from 10.8 to 8.1v back and forth. Any ideas?

Thanks, Hoho
You prob have a defective one. Contact the seller of the issue.

And Sam, what colours are you gonna do? The Hobbyking one kinda looks weird with the orage stickers. Doesnts uit it well.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by QuangVuong
You prob have a defective one. Contact the seller of the issue.

And Sam, what colours are you gonna do? The Hobbyking one kinda looks weird with the orage stickers. Doesnts uit it well.
I would have to agree with QuangVuong. Sounds like it faulty.

As for colors? I made a post while back ago here of what some of the guys are doing to their radios. Their using the laptop skins/sticker and using it to customize the look of their radios. Looks like the high dollar stuff you can get for futaba, ko, jr and the spektrum radios. The laptop skins, stays on nicely. Even under the sunny months what I seen. You won't have to mess with paint chips or other issues either.

Robert
TERC
Old 03-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Tech Regular

I noticed no one here has shown their installs. Ours or shall I say mine, is nothing much but a simple two way piece of servo tape under the receiver and placed on our karts floorboard. Plug in the servo and esc and its as simple as that. So, here what the install looks like.

Robert
TERC
Attached Thumbnails FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter-000_0215.jpg   FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter-000_0213.jpg   FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter-000_0214.jpg  
Old 03-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

Not really an install pic, but I thought I'd share a video of the Mod SCT a-main race at the Electric Pit in Des Moines, IA from last Saturday, using the GT3B. I'm driving the yellow and black XXX-SCT, and after some iffy qualifiers, and starting 5th in the main, I had a good clean run and won the main.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo88lSy2p-Q

The GT3B felt great and worked perfectly all day long...same goes for my $50 Hobbywing EzRun 10T brushless system. I guess you could say I'm a racer on a budget! Most guys have more money in one battery pack than I do in my whole electronics setup!
Old 03-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by johnnyshore
Not really an install pic, but I thought I'd share a video of the Mod SCT a-main race at the Electric Pit in Des Moines, IA from last Saturday, using the GT3B. I'm driving the yellow and black XXX-SCT, and after some iffy qualifiers, and starting 5th in the main, I had a good clean run and won the main.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo88lSy2p-Q

The GT3B felt great and worked perfectly all day long...same goes for my $50 Hobbywing EzRun 10T brushless system. I guess you could say I'm a racer on a budget! Most guys have more money in one battery pack than I do in my whole electronics setup!

I like your way of thinking Jonnyshore. I sold my expensive radios so I can be like the individuals that race with us. Not all of course, but most. Why should I be any better than them. Just because I own a business? I should set examples of how more is not always better and what some say you get what you pay for is not always true. So we do just that here.

We've always based our company and products on those principals of good economics. Its a great feeling to see those who don't have tons of money enjoy our sport. Even better when its those who have a family at home and a house, a car and two pets!

Cool video!

Robert
TERC
Old 03-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamedgerc
Interesting solution Blaze, and once again a low cost one to go with many who have not tons of money to throw into a expensive radio. Thanks for the post and idea..... Would you post what type or brand the spacer goes to? As we have many drivers keeping up with this forum who to have our radios who race.

Robert
TERC
i think it was a caster spacer cause that was the last car i had that used spacers. its a direct fir to my index finger so it may not work for someone else. test fit first but the feel is incredible.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by j_blaze14
i think it was a caster spacer cause that was the last car i had that used spacers. its a direct fir to my index finger so it may not work for someone else. test fit first but the feel is incredible.

I know many of the guys who race with us have stopped in and read your posting along with all the others in here. I did have a guy ask me if you were a midget or dwarf. I said I had no clue but his finger to be put into a shock spacer he has to be a small guy then

Thanks for the update now its all explained. Glad it wasn't a shock spacer now.

Robert
TERC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.