Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 03:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by psx
Isn't better to use some mixing from front wheels instead this ? Something like -150%...150% for example ? But as I wrote, I have no experience with this.
That's preference I guess. That was the problem with the older radios...mix only. No chance of independent control of the rear wheels unless using a stick radio. Another way could be mix with the front and have the ch3 switch act like as servo reversing so can get crab steer and normal steer.
That's what my 3PM needed. I had the switch on the grip turn rear steer on and off but couldn't program switch 2 to reverse servo. A "simple" firmware change coulda made that happen.

Just ideas...thanks.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hobbypartz is out of stock. I ordered one Monday and then cancelled because they didn't expect them in for 4-6 weeks.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 305
Regarding the channels - as I wrote here earlier, all of the Flysky wheel and stick radios use the SAME 2,4GHz module, so ALL are capable of 8 channels. One except is the GT2 wheel radio, which uses the same module also, but slightly stripped due to radio's simple electronic design.
Only the B version, or v2 (sometimes called v3 as well on the eurgles i believe)
Old 05-25-2011, 04:49 PM
Tech Regular

psx pm me if you need some help understanding what we need for crawling. and how to make it most universal for other applications.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Dig switch for crawler

Originally Posted by losikid67
psx pm me if you need some help understanding what we need for crawling. and how to make it most universal for other applications.
We need some way of controlling a dig
Switch usually a3 position switch maybe the channel 3 buttons could work?

TX Position | LED | Function

Left | Red | Motor #1 Off
Center | Green | Both Motors On
Right | Blue | Motor #2 Off

Technical Specs:
Size: 1.9"L x 1.0"W x 0.9"H
Power Source: Radio RX
Power Draw: 30-100mA (similar to mini servo)
RX Voltage: 4.8V - 6.5V Receivers
Motor Capacity: Any
Contact Protection: Arc Supressors
Switch Rating: 12Amps @ 35V (each motor)
Water Resistant Electronics (can run underwater)

Hookup:

1 - Plug the Dig Switch Servo Wire into Receiver's Spare Channel (Usually #3)
2 - Solder both Wires from the ESC into the Center Pair of Contacts labeled ESC
3 - Solder both Wires going to Motor #1 (usually Front) to the Outside Contacts labeled Motor #1. Motor #1 may freewheel by de-soldering tab above "DIG" on 2+ Units
4 - Solder both Wires going to Motor #2 (usually Rear) to the Outside Contacts labeled Motor #2
5 - Trim TX Channel to Center with normal Endpoints

The Dig Switch adds Dig Steering to Any Dual Motor Truck. When the Dig is turned on, it will cut power to the appropriate motor. When power is cut to a motor, the motor is SHORTED. This helps the motor lock into place. If you want a motor to freewheel instead of lock, desolder either bead of solder, marked with a "^" above the work "Dig" or "Switch" for Motor1 or Motor2 respectively

best take a look at (punk rc ,Dig Switch 3D)

Last edited by blingg; 05-26-2011 at 12:28 AM. Reason: info
Old 05-26-2011, 02:15 AM
Tech Rookie

How about if the CH3 button could be used to make laptimer. Timer function would be very nice in modified firmware.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by losikid67
Only the B version, or v2 (sometimes called v3 as well on the eurgles i believe)
Yeeessssss, thanks for the supplement. When talking about, I have only the last versions of radios on mind.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

In essence, what we crawlers are looking for with regards to channel 3 is a left-center-right output to control a servo, basically like either of the other two channels, just not necessarily proportional. Proportional would be the best-case scenario, but I'm not sure if it would be possible.

Having this option would allow us to control a dig setup, which will either lock the rear driveline, let it freewheel or engage back into the transmission for full 4wd. As it is right now, we only have two of those options with the builder having to choose between two of the three when setting up the dig.

I also wanted to mention that I flashed my radio with PSX's new setup. WOW, there are a LOT of added features with this new flash. I'm not sure if anyone else had this occur, but I DID have to go in and calibrate the battery even though the manual file stated that it shouldn't be needed. When I turned on the radio after flashing, the battery voltage was showing .3V. My batteries weren't fresh, but they certainly weren't THAT low. Calibrating is easy, but like the manual says, you HAVE to use a multimeter first to determine your batteries' total voltage. Then, you just tell the radio that value and the radio will now be calibrated.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Just a quick heads up on the flysky 2.4 technoligy.
It's much slower response than spektrum and ko propo 2.4 Read how i found out.

I have the flysky 2.4 modual in my KO PROPO EX-1 UR and my radio has a response switch for steering speed normal, high, advansed speed.

So what i found out was the flysky 2.4 is so much slower that when you switch into high or advanced from normal setting you don't feel no speed differance at all and when you use spektrum or KO 2.4 you can see how much faster and responsive it gets by switching the modes... so that means that the flysky 2.4 speed is much slower because it don't even get faster in the midle high speed mode.

just some info so some racers out there will know before switching the the GTB3 type 2.4.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:46 AM
Tech Addict

I was able to play around with it last night and it all seems to be working fantastic. I wasn't going to race tonight, but I think I will now and report back.

I don't suppose there would be a way to control servo speed? Not as in expo but flat out rate.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bugman72
...I'm not sure if anyone else had this occur, but I DID have to go in and calibrate the battery even though the manual file stated that it shouldn't be needed. When I turned on the radio after flashing, the battery voltage was showing .3V. My batteries weren't fresh, but they certainly weren't THAT low. Calibrating is easy, but like the manual says, you HAVE to use a multimeter first to determine your batteries' total voltage. Then, you just tell the radio that value and the radio will now be calibrated.
You may be prompted to go through the calibration menu after flashing. If you get odd default values, you can use the global resets "r + all" and "r + mod" to change everything back to normal.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Pietsch
I was able to play around with it last night and it all seems to be working fantastic. I wasn't going to race tonight, but I think I will now and report back.

I don't suppose there would be a way to control servo speed? Not as in expo but flat out rate.
You would have to get a faster servo. Plus the latency is something we can't do anything about. As stated in the post above yours, the response time is a limiting factor of this radio. You could try and play with the "dead band" settings. If your servo and speed control will tolerate it, I think a setting of 0 or 1 would decrease the response time slightly.

I read what I could find about this and it seems the 2.4 GHz of these radios uses something called GFSK technology. Not DSM or FHSS. GFSK is the same technology used in Blue Tooth applications. I think it is easy to implement, therefore making things cheaper, but has some limitations. That is probably why you don't see it used on other brands of radio.

With the new firmware though, there are a lot of features that make GT3B well worth the cost. Most bashers, crawlers, and novice racers aren't going to feel limited by the slow response.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

[QUOTE=reptile;9168178]Just a quick heads up on the flysky 2.4 technoligy.

I have the flysky 2.4 modual in my KO PROPO EX-1 UR and my radio has a response switch for steering speed normal, high, advansed speed.

So what i found out was the flysky 2.4 is so much slower that when you switch into high or advanced from normal setting you don't feel no speed differance at all and when you use spektrum or KO 2.4 you can see how much faster and responsive it gets by switching the modes... so that means that the flysky 2.4 speed is much slower because it don't even get faster in the midle high speed mode.

just some info so some racers out there will know before switching the the GTB3 type 2.4.
[/QUOTE

Does this make sense to anyone else?
Old 05-26-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

[QUOTE=SCTRacerX;9169287]
Originally Posted by reptile
Just a quick heads up on the flysky 2.4 technoligy.

[/QUOTE

Does this make sense to anyone else?
Yes it's so slow the faster response modes do not work at all because the flysky's 2.4 is slow like in slower than normal mode on my radio when using spektrum modual or KO..
Old 05-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by beemerfan
You would have to get a faster servo. Plus the latency is something we can't do anything about. As stated in the post above yours, the response time is a limiting factor of this radio. You could try and play with the "dead band" settings. If your servo and speed control will tolerate it, I think a setting of 0 or 1 would decrease the response time slightly.

I read what I could find about this and it seems the 2.4 GHz of these radios uses something called GFSK technology. Not DSM or FHSS. GFSK is the same technology used in Blue Tooth applications. I think it is easy to implement, therefore making things cheaper, but has some limitations. That is probably why you don't see it used on other brands of radio.

With the new firmware though, there are a lot of features that make GT3B well worth the cost. Most bashers, crawlers, and novice racers aren't going to feel limited by the slow response.
I'm not talking the response rate from the radio to the rx, I'm talking how fast the servo moves. My servo is more than plenty fast, one of the fastest on the market, I'd like to slow it down. I believe on Spektrums they call this a "frame rate" which can say slow it from .06 to say .09 or something along those lines, know what I mean?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.