Search
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By riceball777

Futaba system advice/help

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

Default Futaba system advice/help

Moving onto my first proper race build and after some advice on Futaba set up, I have the 7PX and R334SBS no servo as yet!

I have the above on two other RC’s but they use a Savox servo, which have worked fine but since looking more into the 7PX capabilities I’ve seen some reports of issues using Savox servos?

If my understanding is correct I can only run S.Bus2 or SR now given I’ll be a weekend racer is either advised or good for future proofing?

And if I didn’t go Futaba which servos are well regarded?

Old 09-01-2019, 11:46 AM
Tech Lord

I have the T7XC the stick version of the 7PX and have no issues with Savox servo's

You can run SR mode but need to set the channels to normal, in that case you can run any digital servo that can handle a 333hz framerate. I run Savox 1257TG which is an old type servo w/o any problems.
Old 09-01-2019, 12:10 PM
Tech Regular

^
No sorry maybe my explanation was poor! I’m running both my Savox equipped cars in the manner you said and both are working fine, I just asked the question and when researching S.Bus2 and SR I found a few comments about issue with Savox’s.

Advice I’m after now is for my racer I want to gain more of the 7PX’s potential so exploring using S.Bus2 or SR and a compatible servo’s.

Old 09-01-2019, 12:19 PM
Tech Lord

Sbus is different amd much faster. SBUS can be connected in 2 ways, by the Serial BUS connector which gives a kind of digital serial network signal with which servo's and other equipment can be adressed, this port can only be used with pure SBUS compatible servo's.
Or you can just connect them on the channel output which gives an 800Hz signal with a center pulse of 760uSec, 720uSec servo's are common as fast tail servo's for RC helicopters and the fastest are mostly 500Hz but I have seen 800Hz servo's from Xpert.

The so called Sanwa SSR servo's are not compatible with Futaba's SR mode

Last edited by Roelof; 09-01-2019 at 01:00 PM.
Old 09-01-2019, 01:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

If you want the best possible setup you do what I did. You first buy a Futaba sr capable servo. The best would be Futaba’s best servo which is the cb700. It has over 600oz of torque and a speed of .07. You then plug in the servo to the back of the Futaba 7px and you turn on sr mode. The cb700 will work with sr mode type 3 which is the fastest. Then you link your r334sbs or r334sbs-e to the 7px using t-fhss SR not t-fhss. Then you go to channel 2 and you turn sr mode on. Done. Now you have the best and faster servo/transmitter on the market.
EvilR2.0 likes this.
Old 09-01-2019, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

^ So SR would be my best route then, funnily enough my LHS had an A700 I was looking at which is the air version.

While on the servo subject can end points be set on this servo directly?

Ask as I have an odd situation on one of my other RC’s, it’s running 7PX > R334 > GYC441 gyro > Savox servo.

Now as per normal I set my individual steering end points on my 7PX, however when using the Futaba gyro it has it’s only steering trim dial which you have to set and being a tiny trim dial it’s not very accurate plus it a single toggle which mirrors L/R end points.

I’ve message Futaba tech support and got nothing back!

I’m struggling to find answers to
1) As the gyro adds inputs into the servo feed to correct steering it’s clear any endpoints set on the 7PX will be ignored by the gyro?
2) My thinking is to set endpoints directly on the servo and then have the gyro endpoints set to full, that way I can fine tune L/R and let the servo endpoints limit the gyros control.