Search

Mushroom Bowl MBRC 2011 Offroad Racing -- Kennett Square, PA

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 04:05 AM
Tech Master

Default thanks

Originally Posted by strodedawg
i second 1/5th scale
hey Thanks strodedawg for the support! i have two other people besides myself that are interested
Old 04-02-2011, 04:31 AM
JUD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What's the progress on the outdoor offroad track?? Any pictures?? What's the layout looking like???
Old 04-02-2011, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JUD
What's the progress on the outdoor offroad track?? Any pictures?? What's the layout looking like???
Here's what's basically going on with the track at this point in time...

The track is being extended about 30' wide and 10' deep, still going to be triangular in shape, but slightly bigger. This will create wider lanes and a longer straight.
A retaining wall is being built on the back side of the track to lift the back lanes off of the ground 2-3' to make it easier to drive and for some wicked elevation changes.
French drains are being installed under the track to allow quick drainage of rain water, i.e. no standing water on the track. Everything will be properly graded to make this a no brainer.
Driver's stand is being moved to center it on the track better.

Most of this work is happening this weekend and this week, equipment and supplies for the drains and retaining wall are sitting in the parking lot.

Once that is done, pit lane for nitro guys and dirt will be brought in. At this point, the layout will be considered.

We're also bringing in a new PA system, new racing director's computer, and an updated AMB/MyLaps receiver during the beginning part of the year!

Track will most likely be ready on the 16th for practice before opening day.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:44 AM
JUD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sounds good cant wait for opening day!!
Old 04-02-2011, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Originally Posted by d OG black flag
hey Thanks strodedawg for the support! i have two other people besides myself that are interested
should have a 1/5th scale by mid may for some big scale fun
Old 04-02-2011, 10:26 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

What do you guys think about this guy here. Is this legal to run with the SCTs or is the open wheel format going to be a problem. I like it.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSB0110

Also, place looks great guys. Keep up the good work and know that we all appreciate what you are doing up there. Sounds like you guys are really stepping up the game here.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Will their be anymore indoor racing this year?
Old 04-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Adam and Ray i would like to know how was the racing at family hobbies max
Old 04-04-2011, 04:44 AM
Tech Adept

The racing was great, a lot of people and a lot of SC trucks. there was a heat of stock, 2 heats of mod and a full heat of 4wd. We, Ray, Tyler and me, all did very well. the 4wd main wasn't too good for ray though but qualifying went well for him. Tyler absolutely loves the new Losi after owning the SC10. they normally post the results on their website within a few days or the race. i believe i heard there was around 120 entries.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxfastguy35
The racing was great, a lot of people and a lot of SC trucks. there was a heat of stock, 2 heats of mod and a full heat of 4wd. We, Ray, Tyler and me, all did very well. the 4wd main wasn't too good for ray though but qualifying went well for him. Tyler absolutely loves the new Losi after owning the SC10. they normally post the results on their website within a few days or the race. i believe i heard there was around 120 entries.
Adam doesn't want to mention that I outwheeled him both Pro4 qualifiers But that's okay, he drove very well too. I had posted 12 laps in my second qualifier, but ended up with some equipment problems in the main. Luckily Adam picked up the slack.

When it came to my nitro buggy, I proved once again that you can't build your car the day before a race and expect it to perform well. And it doesn't help when your starter box blows up, too.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

Ray I guess you didn't look too hard at the results of the first qualifier because I was 2nd and you were 3rd. And yes you drove well but that doesn't mean a whole lot in the main when you don't finish. either way it was a good day of racing.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

sounds like everyone had a great day of racing.max
Old 04-04-2011, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

I hope the action at MB will be like at Family Hobbies, sounds like some good racing. I cant wait till the season starts, any word on membership fees.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was up there the other week with my box stock Slash 2wd. I am looking at driving Sportsman class, as I am a new racer. With the lengthening of the track, I am worried that my 7 cell 3amp NiMH will either run out or have voltage drop off too soon. Can I upgrade to a Lipo battery and still stay in the sportsman? And I guess the track will have a new surface, is there a specific tire that is recomended?
Thanks
Andrew
Old 04-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

I dont think there is any class that we run that you cant run some sort of lipo, so I dont see any reason why you couldn't. As far as the tires go, we are all gonna have to wait and see what the track surface ends up like. Once we see the final product we could probably give you an idea, but its still to early.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.