Wiki Posts
Search

Maxy's Cinco BT .21

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mugen21
Finally got to run mine on the track. Broke it in without the restrictor to try and get as much oil through it as possible. Forgot to grab the restrictor before I left the house..oops. I am also waiting on my pipe so I borrowed an alpha pipe from a buddy at the track. Not even sure which one only that it was very loud! Engine has a ton of power and I timed the last run for the heck of it...remember no restrictor at all and unknown pipe and it ran out at 9:30. I'll be honest I am looking forward to adding a restrictor...the motor has a ton of power and that will calm it down some. Good to know there is a ton of power on tap if needed. I cant wait to try the tuned version!
Wow, if this was all in one day it sounds like it breaks in really fast! My kind of motor! Is yours on a buggy or truggy?
Old 01-27-2013, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian Alderman
Wow, if this was all in one day it sounds like it breaks in really fast! My kind of motor! Is yours on a buggy or truggy?
Actually I had broken it in a few days prior.

This is in a buggy.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Sweet!
Old 01-27-2013, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

Originally Posted by maxy
Check run time with those pipe first stock engine make 12 minute with 41019 and 2096 pipe.
Wow Maxy...you have come a long way since I use to race with you and the other guys in 2007. I moved to Tennessee and helped co-found our track. Www.rocckracing.com. We average about 100 entries on a good day and 60 on a bad day.

It will be nice to get some of the Maxy Fuel and some of those Cinco BT's up here. I hope you remember me. I may come to Mills Pond during Mid May.

Alan Fundora
Old 01-28-2013, 09:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just waiting om my "Tuned" to get here. I also ordered the 2096 pipe and header.
Now if I can get my hands on the D812 I will be in business.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Alan I sent private msg

Originally Posted by Afun
Wow Maxy...you have come a long way since I use to race with you and the other guys in 2007. I moved to Tennessee and helped co-found our track. Www.rocckracing.com. We average about 100 entries on a good day and 60 on a bad day.

It will be nice to get some of the Maxy Fuel and some of those Cinco BT's up here. I hope you remember me. I may come to Mills Pond during Mid May.

Alan Fundora
Old 01-28-2013, 12:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Super happy with my Maxy's CINCO BT!!!! 10 minutes with no problems and has a lot of power! definitely will buy it again!!!
Ernesto Martinez.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Will
Just waiting om my "Tuned" to get here. I also ordered the 2096 pipe and header.
Now if I can get my hands on the D812 I will be in business.
My buddy ordered a ceramic maxy, did 1000cc prop break in. Put the 41019 short header with 2096 pipe ran it didnt like the avid ceramic they come with, changed out to nova steel bearings went back out, and was getting 11 mins with less than a gallon on it. Very impressive engine, was still running a little hot obviously since it was still tight but none the less 11 minutes per tank. Great engine/pipe/header combo.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What was it about the ceramic bearing that he didn't like? Personaly I have had good results with Avid bearings.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Will
What was it about the ceramic bearing that he didn't like? Personaly I have had good results with Avid bearings.
I heard incorrectly, he did NOT change any bearings, just stated hes more of a steel bearing kind of guy. Im curious to see the run times of this mill after a full break in and 2-3 gallon mark...if these things are getting 11 minutes+
With less than a gallon, i can imagine once its loosened up a bit itd be even better.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Since I had posted that I had my Cinco torn apart, I had some request for pictures of the internals. I finally had the opportunity last night to sit down and get some pics with a side by side comparison of an old P5 I have.
I've heard mumblings that the Cinco BT is just a P5 with a different head. I can tell you this is not true. Look at the run times people are getting out of the Cinco BT, that alone should tell you it's not a P5. When was the last time you saw a stock P5 pull 11 or 12 minutes in a buggy? Probably never
In buggy, the P5 is a 8 or 9 minute motor, they aren't known for great run times.

Anyway, here's the pics I took, you can draw your own conclusions. There are some significant similarities and differences as you will see. Keep in mind that my P5 was tuned by HES and my Cinco BT is also the tuned version.

Pistons: P5 on the left Cinco BT on the right. You can clearly see that the Cinco BT uses the Nova Team piston and the P5 doesn't.

Head Buttons: P5 on the right and Cinco BT on the left. Same head buttons, same numbers on them.

Sleeves: P5 on the left and Cinco BT on the right. My P5 was tuned by HES, so that makes it very difficult here for me to determine if the sleeves are the same. Obviously both are 5 ports, but I don't know how much was done by Monty and if Maxy did any port work on the Cinco BT. If I had to guess, I would say the sleeves started life as the same.

Cranks: P5 on the left and Cinco BT on the right. Here is the most significant difference between the 2 engines. The P5 crank was filled with silicon and that's the only thing that was done to it as far as I know. The cranks are clearly different and have different numbers on them as well.

I didn't get pictures of the cases, couldn't get them to come out. I initially thought that they were different, but after inspecting them side by side, they do appear to be the same internally. The only difference is the Cinco BT case is milled at the top to allow for the low COG head.

Last edited by pickle311; 01-30-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

man the P5 had some dirt in it???
Old 01-30-2013, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motorman007
man the P5 had some dirt in it???
Not at all. Right at 14 gallons on it then the wrist pin clip came out and gouged the piston. Sleeve is still fine though.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pickle311
Since I had posted that I had my Cinco torn apart, I had some request for pictures of the internals. I finally had the opportunity last night to sit down and get some pics with a side by side comparison of an old P5 I have.
I've heard mumblings that the Cinco BT is just a P5 with a different head. I can tell you this is not true. Look at the run times people are getting out of the Cinco BT, that alone should tell you it's not a P5. When was the last time you saw a stock P5 pull 11 or 12 minutes in a buggy? Probably never
In buggy, the P5 is a 8 or 9 minute motor, they aren't known for great run times.

Anyway, here's the pics I took, you can draw your own conclusions. There are some significant similarities and differences as you will see. Keep in mind that my P5 was tuned by HES and my Cinco BT is also the tuned version.

Pistons: P5 on the left Cinco BT on the right. You can clearly see that the Cinco BT uses the Nova Team piston and the P5 doesn't.

Head Buttons: P5 on the right and Cinco BT on the left. Same head buttons, same numbers on them.

Sleeves: P5 on the right and Cinco BT on the left. My P5 was tuned by HES, so that makes it very difficult here for me to determine if the sleeves are the same. Obviously both are 5 ports, but I don't know how much was done by Monty and if Maxy did any port work on the Cinco BT. If I had to guess, I would say the sleeves started life as the same.

Cranks: P5 on the left and Cinco BT on the right. Here is the most significant difference between the 2 engines. The P5 crank was filled with silicon and that's the only thing that was done to it as far as I know. The cranks are clearly different and have different numbers on them as well.

I didn't get pictures of the cases, couldn't get them to come out. I initially thought that they were different, but after inspecting them side by side, they do appear to be the same internally. The only difference is the Cinco BT case is milled at the top to allow for the low COG head.
I took apart a stock new P5XLT and Maxy Cino BT stock to compare before I even broke mine in. The Cinco is an evolved/redesigned P5 but not the same at all. It has the new CNC domed piston like the 4BTT and Bonito. It has the lowered head like the BTT and Bonito. And Maxy does some small mods to the sleeve and crank.

These changing are supposed to do the following and they do imo:
Make the p/s last longer
Give smoother power band
Better Fuel mileage
More RPM's

Remember these engines are very small, so any little change can make a huge difference in performance. Ask anyone who has tried both the old P5 and the Cinco BT and they will tell you the Cinco is way better.

If you want to make a P5 into a Cinco, you can. But you would need to Spend $180+ to buy the CNC piston/sleeve, plus buy a LCG head, and mill down the block so it fits. Why do all that when for $70 more then a P5XLT you can buy a Cinco BT that is ready to go 10+ min on a tank.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

here is what I see...a P5 with a Team piston and a slightly raised exhaust port...crank timings are stock......Nice engine really , the Team piston and altered exhaust timing will improve the engine quite a bit over a regular P5....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.