Search
Like Tree373Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Community Outreach

At our last race on June 3, one of the park directors asked our club to participate in a program they were putting on called Summer Streets. So, this morning I set out a track in a parking lot in the park and spent four hours barking at kids while they beat the hell out of my stuff Actually, it was pretty fun. I met a ton of families and got the Seattle RC Racers word out in the local area. I think it also added to our already good relationship with park management. Anyway, good stuff. Pictures attached.
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-summer-streets-1.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-summer-streets-2.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-summer-streets-3.jpg  
Old 06-30-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

I feel left out
Old 06-30-2009, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gwhiz
I feel left out
You would have had tuns of people checking out our cool Cup racer riping it up!
Old 06-30-2009, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

I feel left out
Hey Greg,

It was a good event and I think it helped our cause with the parks department. My poor F103 will never be the same, but it was worth it to let the kids and parents try the wheel. I actually got some of the kids to follow me around the track, while others preferred the full-clamp-donuts-into-the-curb-isn't-that-funny-when-will-it-break chucklefest.

It was also last Sunday, directly in conflict with Fantasy World. I did not want to put the word out and have anyone who otherwise raced in Tacoma feel obliged to skip a huge day at the height of their season. I honestly just lumped it in with my other duties and got it done. That, and I felt sort of lame given how our season wrapped up and I didn't want to be a source of any more drama.

See you soon.

Todd M.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default hangar update?

hey todd, i recived the email with the letter you sent to the parks department reguarding the floor.. i was just wondering if there was any update to the floor situation...

erik
Old 07-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RcHammer
hey todd, i recived the email with the letter you sent to the parks department reguarding the floor.. i was just wondering if there was any update to the floor situation...

erik
I visited the hangar yesterday. The sport court is fully scraped off, and the park's machine shop has ground off or chipped out nearly all of the old fittings. I didn't methodically inspect the whole floor, so there may be the odd bolt still sticking up, but it looked good. The bare concrete surface is really smooth, so the only question is whether we fill in the seams and divots or apply something over the whole of our track footprint. I meet with the park manager next week to work out the next steps and am optimistic that we will have a good outcome.

Todd M.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

have them pave it and throw away the carpet, it'll cut down on setup time
Old 07-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

FYI: The Seattle RC Racers will soon have a Facebook page.

The purpose of the page will be for member communication, work party/events notice, and public awareness/information.

More info forthcoming....
Old 07-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jubilee
FYI: The Seattle RC Racers will soon have a Facebook page.

The purpose of the page will be for member communication, work party/events notice, and public awareness/information.

More info forthcoming....
Communication... Thats over rated...

Thanks Bill!
Old 07-07-2009, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Thanks Kody...it's kind of a no-brainer, eh? I've thought of it a few times but Todd recently suggested we set one up.

I hope everyone will utilize the Facebook page once it's up and running...will take me a few days here and there to get it done.

The club email that everyone received recently is potentially a prelude to some serious action and call for representation. The pre-season meeting will need as many folks present as possible so those interested can volunteer for duties. We have a 2 to 4 year vision that will take time and dedication to realize.

The hangar is great but has its obvious potential issues. This winter is 'supposed' to be an El Nino, so hopefully we don't freeze our asses off. More than once I've heard folks complain of cold/aching feet/knees/legs etc.. I see these pains as worthwhile for the moment; on our way to bigger and better.

I'd like the potential location of a world-class outdoor asphalt track to be shown to the club at our pre-season meeting. It's park property and not too far from the hangar...Todd has mentioned it before and posted pics. It would really surprise me if the sight of it didn't generate a lot of energy and excitement in the group. Covered pits with mountain views, stadium lighting, fresh asphalt. It's not going to fall in our laps, but it's not impossible. I can't stop thinking about it...
Old 07-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I hope to start racing again in the fall. Will notices about this meeting (and the resulting minutes) be posted here, or are just current members being notified off-line?

Thanks,
Matt
Old 07-07-2009, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sportsracer-5
I hope to start racing again in the fall. Will notices about this meeting (and the resulting minutes) be posted here, or are just current members being notified off-line?

Thanks,
Matt
Matt,

Good to hear of your interest in the club.

Notices about the meeting will be posted here and on our website: seattlercracers.com

Also, if you're on Facebook we will have that up soon and the info will be there as well.

Meeting minutes are distributed via email to club members off-line.

Todd M.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Will a facebook page require someone to have a facebook account to participate ? I think this could be a roadblock to more than a few, and for more reasons than one ( privacy being my own issue ). I have an account and to some degree wish I never had opened "Pandora's box."

I do agree any successful club needs communication to derail any misunderstandings that can and often occur, so if Facebook is it, thats fine.

Here's a thought...
Can the www.seattlercracers.com website have a forum of its own ( outside of RCTech ) ? So all that is needed is membership to the club to participate in the discussion. It would cut down on the outside influences trolling for arguments. Club members only ...

Jake

Originally Posted by jubilee
Thanks Kody...it's kind of a no-brainer, eh? I've thought of it a few times but Todd recently suggested we set one up.

I hope everyone will utilize the Facebook page once it's up and running...will take me a few days here and there to get it done.

The club email that everyone received recently is potentially a prelude to some serious action and call for representation. The pre-season meeting will need as many folks present as possible so those interested can volunteer for duties. We have a 2 to 4 year vision that will take time and dedication to realize.

The hangar is great but has its obvious potential issues. This winter is 'supposed' to be an El Nino, so hopefully we don't freeze our asses off. More than once I've heard folks complain of cold/aching feet/knees/legs etc.. I see these pains as worthwhile for the moment; on our way to bigger and better.

I'd like the potential location of a world-class outdoor asphalt track to be shown to the club at our pre-season meeting. It's park property and not too far from the hangar...Todd has mentioned it before and posted pics. It would really surprise me if the sight of it didn't generate a lot of energy and excitement in the group. Covered pits with mountain views, stadium lighting, fresh asphalt. It's not going to fall in our laps, but it's not impossible. I can't stop thinking about it...

Last edited by Magnet Top; 07-07-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
I think this could be a roadblock to more than a few, and for more reasons than one
Sorry Bill, but I agree. Social Networking addresses are not looked upon with favor where I work, and I would like to stay current during the day. I do not relish the thought of visiting facebook on my phone.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I do not relish the thought of visiting facebook on my phone.
Get an iPhone !
... couldn't resist

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.