Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree373Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Holly Cow.... like is that a 6 digit Roar number? I think that Dave Clark and Steve Curry have 4 digit #'s. Knew a guy that had a 3. Just rambling here, all packed for the NWIC and just killin' time. I asked Frank about the costs and particulars of his Click Track. We'll see what he's got to say when I get back.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Hi Mike,

I was thinking Saturday morning, 5am to noon, with practice and racing from 7 to 11. With extra help, we can probably break down in an hour. But...one thing at a time. I hear you, and I want to make what you're asking for happen.
I'm up against the same issue with 30 mile drive and early rise time making Wednesday difficult at best. I'd definately be in on weekend racing though.
Good job on getting the foot in the door.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Rookie

I'll be there. Thanks for putting this together Todd!!!
Old 02-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

There was a request for pictures. Here are the main entrance to Magnuson, Hangar 30 from the outside, and Hangar 30 from the inside. My son is standing in the middle of the floor. He's only 3, but there's clearly a lot of room. The floor is not perfect throughout, but there are a number of ways to run the carpet to avoid the seams and divots. Lighting is good, and there are numerous outlets along one wall.

Storage will be in two narrow alcoves on either side of the big doors on the ends. Those spaces will be particularly suitable for pipes and/or hose. (By the way, Ritchie, that was a great suggestion and a possible source has already been identified.) Depending on the fire marshal's opinion of the carpet, we can find a place within the hangar itself, or elsewhere in the building. But we will have storage. Props to the Parks Department here, they are very accommodating thus far.
Hi Todd
the pic ,it is that the old navy base ?
Old 02-12-2009, 10:34 PM
Tech Regular

i think the venue holds promise. certainly big enough. so what are we using for carpet to start with?
Old 02-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Goingfast
My house is 1/2 block from the fire department..
I see what you did there.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:30 PM
Tech Addict

Yo Todd, I'll try to be there. Depends on work. Question though, could you get the SARCAR trailer in there for a driver stand?
Old 02-13-2009, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Long Live Onroad Racing in Seattle

This is the best news that I have read on here in quite some time. Great job Todd on getting this done to this point. Now the rest of us need to do our part. I will definately try to be there. Is it the 25th yet?

Steve
Old 02-13-2009, 01:09 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah, I'm going to take the day off since its far enough out. I can be available to help with the carpet. Also i ahve a boat load of firehose too.. the problem is its all in VA(dad's a firefighter and makes hose adapters as a sideline). If it becomes an issue, I can certainly get them to ship me a 100' or so i guess.. i can get the 6" yellow neoprene hose and 2.5" nylon.. shipping would be expensive tho... but we can take our pick i guess. let me know what i can do to help.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jubilee
I see what you did there.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by westerdude42
Yo Todd, I'll try to be there. Depends on work. Question though, could you get the SARCAR trailer in there for a driver stand?
If i remember correctly the front door is 45' X 80' so ya the trailer would fit
But I dont know where we would park the trailer after racing unless the Parks Dept would let us Keep it in a Permenent spot inside for storage.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

As of right now, I am unemployed, so if you need some elbow grease, let me know. If my situation continues through next month, I will have no problem getting there early to help set up for the first race.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by westerdude42
Permit me a brief statement on the new ethic. The days of indoor racing in the British Expeditionary style are over. We will no longer be relying on herds of porters schlepping our potbellied stoves and scientific apparatus between camps up the Western Cwm.

We will be like Tom Hornbein and Willie Unsoeld, two climbers from Seattle who in 1963 climbed the West Ridge of Everest with no more than the packs on their backs and the slender thread of alpine brotherhood to preserve them. Earlier in the month, Jim Whitaker made his name and fortune as the first American to summit Everest--via fixed lines--by the same route Hillary pioneered a decade before, and the Swiss after him. Whitaker was gaudily celebrated as America's Mountaineer while Hornbein and Unsoeld returned to quieter lives. Today, Whitaker is a footnote in climbing history, but Hornbein and Unsoeld are monuments who changed climbing forever.

Indoor racing in Seattle will be fast, light, and self-contained. We will pursue excellence and push each other as never before. We will be mentors to those new to the hobby and we will cultivate the young. And we will respect our budgets. My suggestion for the SARCAR trailer is that it be scrapped. That old blunderbuss served well, but I can't fathom its utility today.

Here is a picture of the drivers' stand at the Gate, fabled training ground of national champions.

http://www.clevelandcarpetracing.com...ture%20091.jpg

For our track, I'm thinking 18" high carpeted boxes. That or milk crates.

Go fast, go light.

I'm off to Timezone for my ass-whooping.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by beez
As of right now, I am unemployed, so if you need some elbow grease, let me know. If my situation continues through next month, I will have no problem getting there early to help set up for the first race.
Screw you. Stick to offroad where you belong, Mr. "win the B main and take second in the A main".

Jerk!

Old 02-13-2009, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Permit me a brief statement on the new ethic. The days of indoor racing in the British Expeditionary style are over. We will no longer be relying on herds of porters schlepping our potbellied stoves and scientific apparatus between camps up the Western Cwm.

We will be like Tom Hornbein and Willie Unsoeld, two climbers from Seattle who in 1963 climbed the West Ridge of Everest with no more than the packs on their backs and the slender thread of alpine brotherhood to preserve them. Earlier in the month, Jim Whitaker made his name and fortune as the first American to summit Everest--via fixed lines--by the same route Hillary pioneered a decade before, and the Swiss after him. Whitaker was gaudily celebrated as America's Mountaineer while Hornbein and Unsoeld returned to quieter lives. Today, Whitaker is a footnote in climbing history, but Hornbein and Unsoeld are monuments who changed climbing forever.

Indoor racing in Seattle will be fast, light, and self-contained. We will pursue excellence and push each other as never before. We will be mentors to those new to the hobby and we will cultivate the young. And we will respect our budgets. My suggestion for the SARCAR trailer is that it be scrapped. That old blunderbuss served well, but I can't fathom its utility today.

Here is a picture of the drivers' stand at the Gate, fabled training ground of national champions.

http://www.clevelandcarpetracing.com...ture%20091.jpg

For our track, I'm thinking 18" high carpeted boxes. That or milk crates.

Go fast, go light.

I'm off to Timezone for my ass-whooping.
So, like...we're gonna be the Delta Force of on-road RC racing?

Sweet!

Our motto: Seattle RC racers...we float like a butterfly and sting like a tomahawk missile. At mach 3. In the face.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.