Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kody
Then get out of my way! LOL
Team Banana: Peel or get peeled.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wes I think you will see a nice mix in both.

I was thinking if you guys wanted to start out slow this year we could go with 10.5 without timing and start working our way down. Let every one get used to the new tires and traction... Now if some one wants to go straight for the 4.5 that's fine as its Open TC... We could do a little Gentlemen's agreement and I would be down for that.

What do you guys think?
I was going to run a 10.5 regardless, so that works for me.

(haha Kody, but I was talking about 17.5 xpert , you should have been driving ahead of yourself in Mod , lol, just a joke, just a joke !!!!!!! )
Every day I wake up thinking , thank you god, he got to the finish line still in the lead ! Owe you one !
Old 09-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by corallyman
Before I make my final decision, I want to see what the speed is like. I also have some reservations about the second class that I am going to do with the speed of the 1/12th class being now that it will be no timing. Turnouts will also be factor for me.

Steve
Ditto !

I may try to run both for a bit, just to get a feel for where I should be. I do want to figure out stock, then if Mod and stock turnout can sustain itself, move to Mod and take my beatings like a man ! Then I'll try 1/12 aka those finicky little buggers !
Old 09-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
I have a deal/offer for you first, or anyone else if you decide not to take me up on it. If you'd like to try WGT you can borrow my CRC for a few race nights. It will need a 1s lipo, transponder, and rear tires. Otherwise it is bind-and-drive. Just replace anything you break.
No PM's? I think you might have yourself a deal. Are you attending any of the NWIC races?
Old 09-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'm going mod with a 4.5... because thats all I have
Old 09-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I was thinking if you guys wanted to start out slow this year we could go with 10.5 without timing and start working our way down. Let every one get used to the new tires and traction... Now if some one wants to go straight for the 4.5 that's fine as its Open TC... We could do a little Gentlemen's agreement and I would be down for that.

What do you guys think?
I could do that, I think a 6.5 will be the perfect indoor mod tc motor. I wont be able to run onroad for a couple weeks, so by the time I run maybe you'll have worked down anyways .

Does anyone have a low profile servo they want to sell?
Old 09-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
+1
Old 09-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
I'm sure someone will be happy to motor you down. For instance, I have a 21.5 you can use.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What do you guys think?
I would be fine with that, but my main reason for wanting to run modified was mainly to leave Stock more for the Sportsman racers of the club and its less about speed for me; that and I like my timing setup. Its good traction control and makes my broken ass motors usable.

But I'd be in for that, 10.5 no timing. So modified sportsman? I like that idea anyway as it will be easier on the equipment over going straight to 4.5's.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randoggy
I'm looking to upgrade from a TA05 chassis this year. If anybody has something they feel is superior and would like to sell, let me know.
check the Mi4 thread in the electric on road section
Old 09-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Ditto !

I may try to run both for a bit, just to get a feel for where I should be. I do want to figure out stock, then if Mod and stock turnout can sustain itself, move to Mod and take my beatings like a man ! Then I'll try 1/12 aka those finicky little buggers !
Your faster than I am, if I can do it you can do it. You should be in mod.

Guys... Don't make me start naming names

Grant, email me... Wes462 at gmail.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

What do you guys think?
did you copy that off the FW thread from last year.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

If it's open modified, run whatever you'd like. If you want to run a 3.5, go nuts, if you think you can only handle a 10.5, run that. Faster motors are only faster if you can use it. Power is self regulated by traction. Too many agreements and such just make things more complicated.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mini-dub
I could do that, I think a 6.5 will be the perfect indoor mod tc motor. I wont be able to run onroad for a couple weeks, so by the time I run maybe you'll have worked down anyways .

Does anyone have a low profile servo they want to sell?
I have like new 9550 that's only been used in a Mini for TCS nationals a few years ago...
Old 09-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skypilot
did you copy that off the FW thread from last year.
Nope just flowed out on the key board!

What I don't want is people over powering and not able to get around the track. You have to ease into throttle control and I thought this would be a great thing for our racers...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.