Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree373Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 05:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi, my name is Kevin, I am a recovering RC ADICT. Its been almost two years since I bought anything for my RC ADICTION.

Anyhow, I started racing again last month, and using my "old crap" I was right about mid pack to upper mid pack, thats right about where I was before. I borrowed some stuff to see where I needed to put my hard to come by Unenjoyment Funds, if I were to have the urge. I am not finding much difference, Maybe two - three tenths, if that (will be doing more testing next week).

There was a time when I bought a lot of the new cool stuff, but I also informed others with my findings to save them from buying the stuff that didnt help. Some were kinda frustrated when I told them they are better buying this $35 item, over that $100 item because it would do the same thing. Some just had to buy it anyhow just because they had to have the new blue or purple part (probaby just wanted some attention come race day). All those fancy bits can still get others to come see it, even if its not fast, but just to see it.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

And if Spikoli's dad can't do it... Squiggy can build and install a pacemaker in Lenny's chest so I'm sure an ESC tweak is a peace of cake...

( beware, a lot of swearing... )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R27fXM_5rZg
Old 11-18-2009, 05:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default How much per lap?

Wasn't it already posted that the AE speedo was good for an estimated 2 tenths a lap (or more)?

Crikey! That works out to a 5 second time surplus in a 25 lap race. Finally I can relax and not worry about crashing.

All kidding aside, 2 tenths every lap is far from insignificant. But maybe I remembered the figure wrong. Can someone confirm?

If its true, and becomes common, you have to be sort of special to podium without it. And I for one still respect the podium, even at club races.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Apparently airplanes frequent this thread.

Nevermind. Take junk equipment to a national level race and "magical awesome driver powers" will overcome the odds!
Old 11-18-2009, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Hi,
I just picked up a used orion 3200 lipo but it didn't come with the balancer or charging leads that plug into the battery with banana clips. Checking to see if some one may have a extra I could buy or tell me where I can pick one up. Would like to have by the next race.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Talking Airplanes?

Originally Posted by Sixgears
Apparently airplanes frequent this thread.

Nevermind. Take junk equipment to a national level race and "magical awesome driver powers" will overcome the odds!
How to respond? You mean people busy reading and taking in knowledge from the banter and maybe a trick or 2 here or there? Or Trolls?

I had the feeling this issue has been hashed enough, didn't mean to reopen a can of worms. I think we can all agree money aside, skill is what wins races. Skill also drives equipment cost. But equipment cost doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Humor:
If I owned a shop, I'd sell "Spec" velcro tires for $50 a piece just to see who'd buy 'em. You know someone would...And no, they probably wouldn't win if they tried. $200 or not, equipment doesn't "fix" anything that isn't already there.

Sorry--Milk crates don't race very fast with square wheels and all, I'll stay in the slow lane with my humor from now on.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:09 AM
piper48

Default Diff pulleys

Quick question, Running a smaller rear diff pulley(35t rear 36t front) will cause a TC to break rear traction due to a faster rear wheel rotation, correct? Is it okay to swap the pulleys around(36t rear 35t front)? Will that cause the front end to act abnormal or will that help the front end handling?

Old 11-19-2009, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Thumbs up Nitro TC @H-30?

Originally Posted by piper48
Quick question, Running a smaller rear diff pulley(35t rear 36t front) will cause a TC to break rear traction due to a faster rear wheel rotation, correct? Is it okay to swap the pulleys around(36t rear 35t front)? Will that cause the front end to act abnormal or will that help the front end handling?
Interesting.....and if you were running foam tires w/1-2mm split front to rear, harder shore tires on the rear, youd be "Dialed"! What Nitro %, and Glow plug # you recommend?

On second thought, w/Paragon being allowed, and the High open air ceiling of H-30, maybe Nitro TC would be "Durable Enough" to survive "DOT Technology"!!!
Old 11-19-2009, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by piper48
Thats called over drive I think. To set it up properly you would have to swap them like your thinking to get the right effect. I would think the car would pull through the turn hard on throttle.

If you need a pulley one of us might have one.

K
Old 11-19-2009, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I just googled "respect the dots" for images.

Korey and Ritchie's pictures come up on page one. Seriously!

Old 11-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default New Stuff for Sale at the Hangar

We now have Thunderpower 5000 40c 1s lipos in stock. Also, we have CRC lightened diff rings for pancars in stock.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Kody;6619575]Thats called over drive I think. To set it up properly you would have to swap them like your thinking to get the right effect. I would think the car would pull through the turn hard on throttle.

If you need a pulley one of us might have one.

sorry Kody
I went back read my post and I mislead the answer...just wasn't thinking clearly ..dang medication had root canal work done..

K[/QUOTE.
By using the small pulley in front of your car will give you overdrive, this will give the car less off power steering and more steering exiting the turn...

If you put the large pulley in the rear it will under drive the car, this will give the car more steering enter the turn and less coming out of the turn

Last edited by Goingfast; 11-19-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by el salvador
Interesting.....and if you were running foam tires w/1-2mm split front to rear, harder shore tires on the rear, youd be "Dialed"! What Nitro %, and Glow plug # you recommend?

On second thought, w/Paragon being allowed, and the High open air ceiling of H-30, maybe Nitro TC would be "Durable Enough" to survive "DOT Technology"!!!
silly

Last edited by Goingfast; 11-19-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:34 PM
piper48

It sure felt like overdrive...more like overdriving. The smaller rear pulley felt like the car had a ton of torque steer on and off throttle. Thanks guys for the input.

Old 11-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I think its the smaller front pulley that you want, it pulls the car around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.