Search
Like Tree373Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Pretty quiet in here when the first race day is this Saturday!

LETS GO!!!!
Can't wait!!
Old 09-26-2017, 08:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This year I'm coming prepared! With a year of carpet racing experience, I hope to advance this year and put my carpet program onto the same level as my asphalt racing.

On a side note, there may be a small explosion in the pits if someone calls my car periwinkle!
- George
Old 09-26-2017, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by purplerain
This year I'm coming prepared! With a year of carpet racing experience, I hope to advance this year and put my carpet program onto the same level as my asphalt racing.

On a side note, there may be a small explosion in the pits if someone calls my car periwinkle!
- George
Please explain periwinkle
el salvador likes this.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by purplerain

- George
"Flying Purple People Eater" would be more appropriate, given the speed during outdoors.....

Stoked to race the rug! Probably won't be able to make it Saturday, but I'll be there for the Wednesday opener.
Hypertc3 likes this.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Just a tiny promotional spot: H30 fires up 1 week from tonight! We have a 1 time only start time of 2p Wed Oct the 4th to do track change (the rest of the season starts at 5p). Don't get too excited or bummed out, but the layout is only getting "messaged". We had multiple layouts on the chopping block and someone piped up...what if we do this to the current layout.

Bam!

Done!

I have some pretty slick appearing corner pieces (think CC sweeper) and Todd Dott V2.0 in hi viz yellow. The 2p start time is to get in early, clean a few pipes, change out the busted pieces, vacuum, tune up the table cart, and with any luck we will purchase a couple of new 6' tables (still bring your chairs!). Track should go together quickly, but we will need a hand with buff-n-polish. If you are playing hooky from work, join us!

7p is kick off. Kyle will be in Sin City crash testing on the big stage to see if he can top Korey's suborbital debris free fall time record of 43 seconds. Jeff and Mike will also be attending Lost Wages so we can at least eat their quota of cheesy fries at the Broiler afterwards. We will have a back up RD for the night. Put your hands together with a dull golfers clap: Todd Mason!

We will have 12 spec tires on sale for $20/full set (truers are on sight).
We will have Jaco Blue spec TC tires for $25/full set.

Oh! And don't forget that the CC fires up this Sat 5p as soon as the last basketball stops bouncing!

Brian
cementsurfer86 and T-Hawk like this.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:59 PM
Tech Regular

Will there be plenty of 12th spec tires for the cc this Saturday?
Old 09-27-2017, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Yes, Todd will have all the spec tires at the CC.
Old 09-30-2017, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Indoor Season Kickoff!

We're back tonight at the Magnuson Community Center to kick off our 2017/2018 season.

5pm Track Build
6pm Practice
7pm Q1

Spec tires for touring and 1/12th scale will be available at the track.

Jaco Blues: $25 per set
JFT Stripes: $20 per set

Cash or PayPal accepted for tires and entries.
Samwise likes this.
Old 09-30-2017, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Going to come check out the action tonight. May have to dust off my finger and get he another car. Miss racing with you fellows
Old 09-30-2017, 02:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wish I was there but enjoying the Texas beach and visiting my daughter then off to the A&M game. I hope to be back in time Wednesday!
Old 10-01-2017, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Default 30Sep2017 Race Report

I could describe the start to this, our ninth season of racing at Magnuson Park, as low-key, but I guess it speaks to the level at which we are used to running that 40 entries and solid heats in all classes is anything other than a solid outing. We were fortunate to have some out of town talent, specifically Darren Shank from the Tri-Cities, and Alex Pate and Edmund Lee from British Columbia, to make up for a number of our own who were MIA preparing for or traveling to Las Vegas for the IIC. Andrew gets a tip of the hat for coming for two rounds before dashing off to pack, and Korey was kind to deliver our touring spec tires when he still had packing to do before his flight this morning.

Having finally gotten on track, I am pleased to report that our touring car and Stock 1/12th spec tire situation this season is looking good. In Stock and Mod TC, we are racing on Jaco Blues, for which the club has fronted an inventory and is selling for the racer-friendly price of $25 per set. They hooked up immediately on our excellent ozite gray rug and first impressions are that they are durable, easy to prep, and spinning true. Our JFT stripe 1/12th tires were also a hit. They bolt on and hook up. At $20 for a full set, I think our racers will enjoy the benefits. Again, the club has purchased a supply up front and will be selling full sets for $20, the best deal on 1/12th spec tires you'll find.

A reminder that the only sauce on our track is SXT 3.0. There are three versions: “lite”, standard, and “max.” We don't care which you choose, as the only difference is relative concentration. If anyone thinks there is an advantage, then by all means, wear yourself out trying to game it. So long as it's SXT 3.0, you're good to go.

Scale Spec: Gary Lewis crushed it while Justin and Kerry had a good race for the runner-up.

Stock 1/12th: Kelsey, Clifton, and Jeff fought for the 2-3-4 spots in a classic 1/12th scale duel.

Modified TC: Jake was the boss, Panos was solo in the2-spot, and Stuart and Alex battled for 3rd.

Formula 1: Relatively uneventful domination by Russ.

Stock TC: Darren was steady tone to tone while Sam and Donny had a brilliant battle for the 2-spot, the best race of the night.

Modified 1/12th: Stuart was on rails.

We're refreshing the Hangar 30 track this Wednesday. We get to work at 2pm, expect to be done by 5, and the standard race program will fire off the mid-week season that evening. Join us to help in the afternoon if you're able, but by all means join us for the racing in the evening.

We have points cups to hand out for last season's Saturday series. The cups are on hand, and we will hand those out next race. With so many of our regulars off to Vegas, I decided to punt to the next race.

Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Q1_30Sep2017.pdf (264.5 KB, 100 views)
Q2_30Sep2017.pdf (264.4 KB, 77 views)
Mains_30Sep2017.pdf (229.4 KB, 157 views)
KR145 likes this.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:15 PM
Tech Adept

Hay Todd,I forgot to grab my speaker & my cord for it. I assume it's safe. I'll grab it next race.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Video : Club Race #1 at the Magnuson Park Community Center

Video of mains : Club Race #1 at the Magnuson Park Community Center gym for the Seattle RC Racers 2017-2018 season

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Z2AfUMPD7ZcxSC

Best of luck to the guys that went to Vegas to compete at IIC, and thankful none were in harms way yesterday !

Jake
Old 10-03-2017, 09:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How is the novice turnout? I want my son to start racing with me but he is completely new to on-road and racing but has run a few novice races in off-road.
JoshuaRC10 likes this.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Default Novices

Thank you for your efforts to get your boy out to race with us!

I would say we have Novices on track three nights out of five. I think understandably, it's our one short-term class for racers, so it doesn't have the type of consistency of our regular race classes. People try it, some stick and shortly move on to a race class, and some decide it's not for them and don't come back.

That said, both Kyle and I will ALWAYS run a novice racer, even if just one, on any night he or she shows, whether at the CC or at Hangar 30. We do not just throw novices into a full-speed class.

So, short story, don't think twice about bringing him out. Bring him. He'll run.

KR145, 05PSD and cementsurfer86 like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.