Search
Like Tree373Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey Roche fans,
There are more and more Roche cars hitting SRCR. I like it! It's a great car. Here is the set up I used on my '17. This was the first time this car had been on the track. The car is straight out of the shrink wrap with the exception of I used the float posts for the forward shock post and the shock extension( the servo is flat mounted to the chassis). Then I mounted the shock in the rearward hole on the upper rear plate. Then I installed the float post in the middle hole in the chassis.

I used the Roche white side springs touching. The car was a little free at the end of the run, so I am going to try 1/2 or full turn of pre-load in the future.

I also tried the Mon-Tech M16 body but I was advised to mount it as much as 3mm forward for addition steering. I would have been better off mounting it standard for our home track.

I am also going with nearly full doped front tires with 1/2* camber vs 1/2 dope with 1* to see if I can keep the car from tire fadding towards the end of the run.

Post up if you have any comments or suggestions

Brian
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
SRCR 17.5.pdf (460.5 KB, 333 views)
Old 02-16-2017, 07:02 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default next wed nite at the H30

Hey Kyle there were a few racer are thinking about running their front wheel car ,and the question is : it is possible that we can run their own class? I not sure about what motor to use..21.5 motor ,I think it would okay it, like as the TCS rules...Please let us know...Thanks
Old 02-20-2017, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hi Everyone,

Being new to onroad but not RC, I planned on racing at ECC and was wondering, I currently raced up north in F1 and Novice but with a scale spec. Are the FDR for both classes relatively the same? If not, can someone let me know what would be the best FDR to run in each?

Thanks
Old 02-22-2017, 08:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

thinking about selling my Yokomo BD-7, if interested, PM or see me Saturday.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:31 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default Bad decision

To apology to Amain Scale Spec Racer at H30

.I did apologized to Chris Perry and like to an apology to Mark Brown as well for making an aggressive pass ... The first a few laps after the buzzer and I've decided to let Gary Lewis go by so I can have some fun but it didn't workout the ways I thought,..I got into a trouble with a few cars behind Gary Lewis ..
Now I realized I shouldn't had done that...everyone in the race are entitled running for their position and I have should had being more patient to find a spot to pass or their mistake...

-Franko-
GL73MAN likes this.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

I am guessing some of you 12 scale mod drivers have used the enneti tires and didn't like them? Any other observations?
Old 02-26-2017, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

What a great night of racing! I am really impressed what we can achieve when we put our minds to it. Come on, that was some great mains to watch! Watching Andrew and Donny nose to wing for 6 minutes in Stock TC. Who would crack first. Who would get caught up in a bad pass. The answer; neither. That was perfect. The drama in Mod TC! Sick! Total package that main was. The hole shot from Andrew, the keep it cool drive from Jake for a W, the heartache for Trav, the shock factor from Marty, the top fuel from Korey....it was all there. One of the best races for the season. That was fun to watch guys! Franko made F-1 look "good"! And I am not going to lie, I had an exemplary evening. Our mod tire supply suddenly dried up with our supplier leaving me back at the drawing board. I tried a set up Ulti JS/JS in R1 which proved a little too "free" feeling. Then I used a trusty pair of blu/gre in R2. 12 mod should not be legal. It is simply too much fun to drive something that fast and actually enjoy it. So Ken, to help you with your tire question, I do not know anything about Enneti, but find yourself a set up blu/gre and start there. Others are really liking Ulti XM/XM.

Thank you guys for all the help putting the track away!!! That went super smooth. Ritchie was even taking in some of the mains (not racing) and picked up a couple of chairs....that impressed me! Wed night, the Hangar was broke down and lights out in 9 minutes! You guys rock!

bb
Old 02-26-2017, 05:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

What shore are you running in Mod 12th?
Old 02-26-2017, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Race Report 26Feb2017

Brian stole most of my thunder with his report, but I will reinforce his point that last night's program was a topnotch example of the club's efforts. We had 54 entries across nine heats, set the track up in 30 minutes and tore it back down in approximately the same, turned out the lights before midnight, and raced our butts off for five hours.

I'll call out Ray Park for his first-ever win in a Scale Spec main. He held off a capable Jim Glasgow and Hector Garcia to claim the prize. Again and again, Scale Spec delivers outstanding racing. It is our foundation class, where new and aspiring racers can mix it with rapid veterans to develop their skills, while the veterans can enjoy affordable and accessible racing at a high level.

We shouldn't look past the excellent race Donny gave Andrew for most of the Stock TC main. I've noted it before but will again that Donny has upped his game and is now one of our most formidable protagonists, on track and off. We're used to Andrew winning, of course. He brings credibility to any race he's in, and he won this one. If Donny wants to knock Andrew off his perch, he'll have to bring even more, but he's showing us he has it in him. Further down the order, Sam and Ron enjoyed an excellent battle; it isn't just about the first-place effort.

Many thanks to everyone who helped put away the track. Many hands make light work, and it makes all the difference to have the help.

Attached are the final results; go to RC Scoring Pro for extended results.
Attached Files
FinalResults25Feb2017.pdf (158.1 KB, 571 views)
Old 02-26-2017, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default NORA VTA ENDURO POSTPONED

Guys... due to conflicts and limited entries... we are going to postpone the NORA VTA Enduro and reschedule the event to kick off the 2017-18 NORA OnRoad season in October 2017.

We will run our normal ON-ROAD club racing program Next Saturday March 4th at NORA's Skagit Fairground race facility. Doors will open at 9am. Racing at 11am. I Want to thank Todd for making announcments and helping us to promote the event.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...xgFqZTD_EhQNAO

Alrighty, here is the video from our February 25th club race.

( btw, thanks for the gift Korey :-) )

Jake
Old 02-27-2017, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JPG333
Guys... due to conflicts and limited entries... we are going to postpone the NORA VTA Enduro and reschedule the event to kick off the 2017-18 NORA OnRoad season in October 2017.

We will run our normal ON-ROAD club racing program Next Saturday March 4th at NORA's Skagit Fairground race facility. Doors will open at 9am. Racing at 11am. I Want to thank Todd for making announcments and helping us to promote the event.
That sounds great. We should be bringing Team Lence, to run 12 MOD, 12 17.5, Novice, and Scale Spec....
Old 02-27-2017, 10:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hangar 30, Round 9 Results

We only have two races left at the Hangar this season, but turnouts have been better than I recall seeing in the 3 years we’ve been back. Thanks to all of you who come early, help us break-in to the closet when I lose my key, bring friends and new racers, and stick around to break down so we can keep the fryer going at the Wedgewood Broiler.

Formula 1 was a small group, but that set the stage for current track record holder Mark Brown to take a awing at improving his time. Mark nibbled at the fast lap ion Q1 and Q2, getting within a tenth a couple of times, but couldn’t quite make the fast lap happen. The run over 6 minutes was another story, with a happy ending this time as Mark bested his time set back in January of 2016 by 0.6 seconds, setting the F1 bar at 33/6:06.842. Mark of course claimed TQ as well, running the main our front from bell to bell, with Bill Swadener 2nd and Adam Shelton unable to start due to mechanical issues.

Novice saw the veteran Gary Bennett take TQ with a very solid drive. In the main, the rest of the field battled through attrition and each other, with Gus Wells and Ayden Cartwright (yes, that Cartwright) falling victim to breakdowns before the time has elapsed. At the final tone, Gary took the win with protégé Ryan Yasuda taking a person best 2nd place.

Stock Touring saw the elder Cartwright grab TQ with a blistering 37 lap run, only 6 seconds off the record in fact. In the Main, Mike Boyle lined-up all dead last after some rough qualifying runs. When the stating tone sounded, Mike leveraged lightning-quick reflexes (and a fair amount of luck) to catch two cars in front of him sleeping. From the middle of the straight to the timing loop, Mike managed to gain 2 positions, not a bad start. Up front, Andrew lit the afterburner and disappeared, leaving Bill Swadener to play chase and later in the race, play defense from Mike. When the cars crossed the line, Bill was 1.7 seconds ahead of Mike, with Andrew taking the win.

Stock 1/12 was a packed affair, with Todd Mason receiving his just rewards in the form of TQ honors for his equal measures of consistency and speed. Brian, on the other hand, was clearly focusing on raw speed, resetting his fast lap record with a 9.367. Stuart qualified 2nd and Brian 3rd. The Main saw the top 3 cars disappear into a freight train of foam dust, chattering polycarbonate, and the occasional trash talking jab. Brian and Stuart swapped positions a couple of times, keeping Todd in their sights as the sliced their way through traffic. After 8 long minutes, Stuart crossed in 3rd, Brian 2nd and Todd led from bell to bell for a perfect 101 points on the night.

Scale Spec was packed, with Ryan Lence taking the win in the B and Franko Roberts grabbing TQ. Franko caught trouble in the first minute, dropping to 3rd while Chris Perry and Gary Lewis moved up to 2nd and 1st respectively. That would only last a lap, when a couple of slow laps allowed Franko to get past Chris for 2nd. A couple of incidents swapped positions between Franko and Chris while Gary got to work, with only one mishap, never relinquishing the lead. When 6 minutes were up, Franko was 3rd, Chris 2nd and Gary took the win.

Updated track records, season points and nightly results are posted below.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (50.3 KB, 31 views)
Round2.txt (51.6 KB, 31 views)
Round3.txt (39.3 KB, 238 views)
H30 Track Records.pdf (323.5 KB, 68 views)
H30 Season Points.pdf (294.3 KB, 60 views)
Old 02-28-2017, 08:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ken Vannice
What shore are you running in Mod 12th?
Enetti foam tends to be a little funky on our track. If we had a little more rubber laid down, and a wider groove I think it would be ok.

They tend to be quite grippy when the track is clean and prepped right, but they just don't suit our track. Since we have lower grip, tires tend to slide an heat up a lot more. When they heat up... they pick up a bunch of junk and build up. This is even worse when you run off line. Sadly it feels like it take 4-5 laps for all the junk to get wiped off the tires, if that even happens.

If you are stuck running Enetti, give anything in a 30-35 shore a go. Kerry was looking good with Ulti J-Hard (lilac basically) and Ulti X-Medium rear (Blue) as a more mellow, easy to drive tire combo . If you want something more racy but harder to drive, Brian made sound suggestions with Blue front and green rear, or Blue front and rear.

Hope that helps.

-Korey
Old 02-28-2017, 09:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Enetti foam tends to be a little funky on our track. If we had a little more rubber laid down, and a wider groove I think it would be ok.

They tend to be quite grippy when the track is clean and prepped right, but they just don't suit our track. Since we have lower grip, tires tend to slide an heat up a lot more. When they heat up... they pick up a bunch of junk and build up. This is even worse when you run off line. Sadly it feels like it take 4-5 laps for all the junk to get wiped off the tires, if that even happens.

If you are stuck running Enetti, give anything in a 30-35 shore a go. Kerry was looking good with Ulti J-Hard (lilac basically) and Ulti X-Medium rear (Blue) as a more mellow, easy to drive tire combo . If you want something more racy but harder to drive, Brian made sound suggestions with Blue front and green rear, or Blue front and rear.

Hope that helps.

-Korey
Thanks for that info. They cost 1/2 as much as the others and come in 3 shores so I was curious as I am thinking of putting a 6.5 together for next season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.