Like Tree373Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Thanks

Originally Posted by skypilot
well, in my humble opinion, if your running 12.5's at 120, and you gear up and are still running 12.5's but the temp is now 160 whats the point.

another thing is different brand motors do run better at different gearing, if you want you would be safe to go up at least two teeth on the pinion. this 'should' give you more speed on the straight, but it 'may' also give you more bottom end for the infield. despite what some will tell you, spur/pinion combo DOES make a difference in the feel of the car. if you have the options, set your gear around 3.8 with a 96 spur, and then if possible to get a 3.8 with a 106 or 110 try that. you should feel a difference in off power corner speed, drag brake, and accelleration. all in my opinion.

btw i to am running a 96 spur in 17.5
Thanks Skypilot. That is some very useful information. Gives me some numbers to play with rather than just shooting in the dark. And of course that all depends on my skill increasing Speed don't mean s#*t if ya can't steer that darn thing or drift out of every turn.

Thanks again.

Grant
Old 11-11-2009, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey Guys, I have a guest driver coming with me tonight. Not quite as famous as Brian Wynn, but still well known. He's refusing autographs at this time. See you guys tonight for some more 12th scale action.
bb
Old 11-11-2009, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Hey Guys, I have a guest driver coming with me tonight. Not quite as famous as Brian Wynn, but still well known. He's refusing autographs at this time. See you guys tonight for some more 12th scale action.
bb
Hmmmm it is MARTY BARNES?
Old 11-11-2009, 09:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Silver can

Hope to see everyone later today

I was working on my car last night and got a good look inside the motor. It really looks bad, and I think I may have damaged the comm more then I thought during a run with the gears meshed too tight.

Does anyone have a used, but still running well silver can I might try for tonight? I hope to have a brand new one by next race.

Jeff
Old 11-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TC4Newb

I was working on my car last night and got a good look inside the motor. It really looks bad, and I think I may have damaged the comm more then I thought during a run with the gears meshed too tight.

Does anyone have a used, but still running well silver can I might try for tonight? I hope to have a brand new one by next race.

Jeff
I've got an extra, Jeff.

Todd M.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If anyone has small spurs (<88) for 1/12 or larger pinions please bring them tonight and look for the tall dude with the silver rc12l3. I didn't realize how vastly different the gearing between a 19t brushed and a 17.5 would be!

Thank you!

-Dustin
Old 11-11-2009, 09:25 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default me too

Originally Posted by TC4Newb

Jeff
I will have an extra on hand too.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Default Set Up at 3:30

My wife is buried in trial prep, and I have a four-year-old with a 103 deg. temp. Grandma arrives at 3:00. So, it will be the full set up starting at 3:30. Shouldn't be a problem, but if you were thinking of coming down early, please do!

Race On
Old 11-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
There's no trouble. We need to hash this out and get it right, and input informed by experience is always welcome. If I may, and with apologies to his Greatness the Lance: "It's Not About the Dots."

How would you design a setup/teardown carpet track of seven panels 12' wide and 50' deep that from packed up to loop on took exactly 60 minutes to assemble? That's the bogey. It's an engineering problem. Here are the parameters as I've defined them:

1. Five people.
2. Sixty minutes.
3. Seven carpet panels.
4. Lane barriers defined in order of effect as: visual, physical, hard.
5. Drivers can adapt to conditions.
6. Abilities vary from complete newb to Worlds caliber.
7. Not including carpet, a $500 budget for additional hardware.

There. I've got ideas, but surely others do as well.

Breakfast: Burgermaster on Sandpoint Way just past University Village. Full menu, very good, five minutes from hangar, opens at 6:30.

Todd M.
I wanted to bring this post back to the front. It's relevant now. After tonight we can pull the trigger on the new carpet.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
I wanted to bring this post back to the front. It's relevant now. After tonight we can pull the trigger on the new carpet.
Crap, I missed breakfast at Burgermaster.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Guys, hope racing goes well tonight.

I am in Maui, been about 85 F every day. It's a great place to be, but would be much better without a head/chest cold!

See you next race.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jubilee
Guys, hope racing goes well tonight.

I am in Maui, been about 85 F every day. It's a great place to be, but would be much better without a head/chest cold!

See you next race.
Dude. Totally jealous. What's the racing landscape down there?

You brought your gear, right?
Old 11-12-2009, 01:35 AM
Tech Elite

Default Thanks for the Turnout!

Another great night of racing at the hangar. 44 entries, two heats each of Stock TC, Super Stock 1:12, and Scale Spec. Some new faces and long lost ones. Plus Darrell Skelton from Hillsboro. A little extra work to dry off the floor, but it showed that we can lay out the track in less than an hour. Pipes and all. Very encouraging. Many hands make light work, and that may be the prime takeaway from the experience.

After Timezone this weekend I think everyone is a little on edge. A two week break sounds about right. We're back on the 25th.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (55.3 KB, 104 views)
Round2.txt (56.8 KB, 96 views)
Round3.txt (46.0 KB, 114 views)
Old 11-12-2009, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

A big thanks to everyone who helped me out last night, specifically Todd, Sean, Brian and Mike. Also, thanks to everyone who helped prep the track. It was an interesting experience for my first time at the Hanger. I can only assume that I saw the worst of what setup will ever be. All in all the night was a blast, I improved a LOT from my first laps out to the main and look forward to much more racing!

-that ragged silver 12L3
Old 11-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sixgears
A big thanks to everyone who helped me out last night, specifically Todd, Sean, Brian and Mike. Also, thanks to everyone who helped prep the track. It was an interesting experience for my first time at the Hanger. I can only assume that I saw the worst of what setup will ever be. All in all the night was a blast, I improved a LOT from my first laps out to the main and look forward to much more racing!

-that ragged silver 12L3
Your welcome Sixgears! Its great to see so many new onroaders! Please bug me as much as you want when I am at the Hangar...

What a great night of racing at the Hangar! I saw some great battles and had a good one myself, racing for the TQ spot with Brian...

Who is this Paul Leask guy? Damb he is fast!

I cant wait till the next one!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.