Like Tree373Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 04:13 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
anyone here are using this Turnigy Trackstar 120 A 1 cell esc...?
I am looking for programming box to set my esc.Thanks
Anybody here have the Turnigy programmer box I can use?
Old 02-05-2015, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
Anybody here have the Turnigy programmer box I can use?
Will the hobbywing lcd box work?
Old 02-05-2015, 05:32 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtveten
Will the hobbywing lcd box work?
nope..thanks
Hey mark you called yesterday? pm back
Old 02-05-2015, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Vick
Hey guys don't forget about the hobby show this weekend. Monroe Fair grounds. On-road Sunday. Look at the thread for the hobby show for all the details.
Holy crap that time already? I'll be out on the 1:1 track instructing with all the Audi's, Tina is running her 2015 track car for the first time my old '05 Cooper S
Old 02-05-2015, 09:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Difuser
Holy crap that time already? I'll be out on the 1:1 track instructing with all the Audi's, Tina is running her 2015 track car for the first time my old '05 Cooper S
That's not the track we wanna see you at. Jk man! Happy for u!
Old 02-06-2015, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Does anyone happen to have a used set of spec tires they are willing to sell? Might dip my toes in the 17.5 pool tomorrow.... Post here or PM me

Thanks--Albert
Old 02-06-2015, 09:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by big al
Does anyone happen to have a used set of spec tires they are willing to sell? Might dip my toes in the 17.5 pool tomorrow.... Post here or PM me

Thanks--Albert

I'll give you a set for free tomorrow Albert!
Old 02-06-2015, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thank you, Jacob! I'll give you a completely platonic foot massage tomorrow!
Old 02-06-2015, 11:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Setup still at 5pm?
Old 02-07-2015, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AlexPate
Setup still at 5pm?
Yes , according to the website, 5:00 setup
Old 02-07-2015, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Looking forward to going fast again tonight! Lets get it on.

Say, I am going to the Hobby Show tomorrow. Probably the first one since I ran races in Puyallup in the late '90s. I understand that there is a gate fee, but once in, the racing is free. Football is over, why not go racing! I am calling out a self promoted wgt class. Dave and I will make it out there. Anyone want to dust the car off, come on out!

Brian
Old 02-07-2015, 11:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Cool Looking open a drift track

Hi guys I'm new to the site and I'm looking for some Rc drifter supporter to see if any of the drifter or Washington state or northwest racer think about I'm opening a drift track in Seattle area..?looking to see how many supporter im this region thinking about some drift track and race event going on..please advise or show some love for The beauty seatown with some
Drift course..please email back to me please and thank you.. I need you guys support thank you very much and keep the Rc drift alive..
Old 02-07-2015, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Can't make it tonight
Suspected food poisoning got me down at the end of the week and now the idea of 4 hours sitting in a car isn't sitting so well. Enjoy the racing tonight. Maybe I'll get lucky and be able to go to the hobby show tomorrow
Old 02-08-2015, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When planning the season, we viewed the basketball window with trepidation. It has been a killer in seasons past, trying to get out at a reasonable hour. But, our slimmed down program, in conjunction with a club that absolutely rocks setup and teardown, meant that not only were we able to close out the night on time--with 90 seconds to spare, no less!--but our 39 entries also enjoyed three quals and a main. That's right, we stepped up and powered through a full four round program, bare floor to bare floor, in 7 hours, including 80 minutes of practice to start the night. That is dialed in, right there.

While Jacob continues to show the way in Scale Spec, three of our new/newer drivers showed good progress. First, Dick Reece brought along his wife, Molly, who took in her first onroad race with us. A stroke of luck on both sides. She improved over the course of the night and completed her runs. Also improving are young Michael and Jeff. Jeff has progressed beyond survival and found himself racing with the other Jeff--Harbke, as in Korey's dad--for position. It's always good to find a race on the track, no matter where in the race order, and the Two Jeffs gave us one.

Stock 1/12th was handled by Brian, though perhaps for a moment, he had intimations of a future, not so far off. Stuart was second qualifier and second in the main. And while Brian stretched it out by the end, Stuart pushed in the opening 90 seconds, hinting at what is to come. Old age, treachery, and guile will have their day. But youth--terrifying youth--will prevail. Ron, Brian Mann, and Mike had a close, tense race for the three-spot, which Ron brought home.

Modified Touring was thrilling. Korey, Dave, and Brian all traded blows, each taking the lead at least once, only to give it away to the next in line. Korey TQ'd, and was clearly the fastest of several fast cars on the night. But, come the main, he was not flawless, and Dave put relentless pressure on his vBC teammate. After Korey blew a turn, Dave took over, with Brian in pursuit. Dave ran strapped and seemed to be on his way to a walkaway victory until he dramatically blew the chicane, letting Brian come through. Brian held for several laps, until he too committed an error coming off the right hand sweeper, jumping on the power and losing traction. That gave it back to Korey, who had gotten it together and pressed on, hoping for a break. And it came. It was a fantastic race.

Stock Touring didn't disappoint, either. Fresh off 'Birds, Korey brought a rapid and dialed spec sedan to the show. He challenged, but Andrew nevertheless TQ'd, but by no more than a couple tenths. Come the main, Andrew got off to a good start, but Korey stayed close and got around. That seemed to do for it, but bad luck knocked Korey back, and Andrew got back the lead, and Korey had to get around a determined Dick Reece. Korey and Dick battled, apex to apex, Korey applying pressure but keeping it clean. He finally set up and pulled off a beautiful move and got around, though by then too much of the clock had ticked away and Andrew was able to hold on and take home the win for Team Associated.

Modified 1/12th was the last race of the night. I was actually able to re-set the track record on Q1, and again on Q2, but Brian was faster yet on the second try and set it even higher. I can't emphasize enough how fast/scary/fun the current track is with Mod 1/12th. It's high stakes, particularly through the chicane. One would think, considering we had a couple hundred shots at it over the course of three quals and a main, that we would get it figured out. But, it is a pucker every single time through. Stuart and Tracy put in credible runs, too, but it was Bodine who took the win to end the night.

A great effort by all. We've got this program down--everyone was on time and ready for their races and we marched through the heats. Basketball Shmasketball. We're good to go.

Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (52.0 KB, 60 views)
Round2.txt (53.7 KB, 535 views)
Round3.txt (53.9 KB, 76 views)
Round4.txt (43.2 KB, 92 views)
Old 02-08-2015, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Now that we hold a record in guinness book of world records for number of heats in 7 hours on a non permanent track, can we go back to an enjoyable 2 qual heats and some time between heats to charge batteries without requiring multiple batteries and a requisite dual port charger ? Maybe I'm in the minority though. just my 2 cents

Jake D.

Last edited by Magnet Top; 02-08-2015 at 05:00 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.