Casey,

Here's the club calendar.

http://seattlercracers.com/event-calendar/

Steve
Old 11-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Black Diamond ESC

The Black Diamond ESC is available for preorder at CRC's website...$350 for the low-profile version suitable for 1:12, $399 for the full heatsink version.

For spec racing at the hangar, the threshold issue will be availability to the public. There will be be deviations from this model at various times, but an exercise of common sense will illuminate the difference between someone testing a personally machined chassis part and a class-dominating electronic component.

I may be proven wrong, but my hunch is that ROAR will allow the Black Diamond speedo to be used. While I am not at the sharp end of the field at big events, there are those among us who are. When the speedo becomes available to the public, it will show up at the track. This is not a tragedy, it's called racing, and it's been this way since the second car came off the assembly line.

Personally, I am mixed on the speedo. If it is as good as its reputation, then it's a no-brainer for those at the top of the field. Obviously, I wish it were cheaper, or that I hadn't spent what I spent on the gear I've got and had that money to spend again and blah blah blah. The last time I checked, and nowtwithstanding my enthusiasm for racing toy cars, I'm a grownup. And I will make the call on my spending according to my own priorities and take my lumps, sugar or salt, as they come.

See you on Wednesday. The new carpet is really close, now.

Todd M.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Old 11-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default LRP XXS Stock Spec ESC

As if the ESC world needed to get more interesting...

LRP has just announced a new XXS Stock Spec ESC!

It is designed for 1 or 2s spec racing with all new timing ramp software and a new BEC system that eliminates the need for a RX pack or a booster...

The price range should still be in the $200 area...

Looks like the wars are getting hotter and hotter....
Old 11-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

What sauce is being used at the Hangar?

Also, can a tire brand/compound be recommended as a good baseline? I realize that there are a large amount of variables but I would rather not purchase styrofoam tires, only to find that everyone else is racing on rubber foams with various color - coded heat ranges!

Thanks!

Edit: I just won 6 NIP bodies of various type for less than $50 shipped on eBay... Woohoo!
Old 11-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
The Black Diamond ESC is available for preorder at CRC's website...$350 for the low-profile version suitable for 1:12, $399 for the full heatsink version.

For spec racing at the hangar, the threshold issue will be availability to the public. There will be be deviations from this model at various times, but an exercise of common sense will illuminate the difference between someone testing a personally machined chassis part and a class-dominating electronic component.

I may be proven wrong, but my hunch is that ROAR will allow the Black Diamond speedo to be used. While I am not at the sharp end of the field at big events, there are those among us who are. When the speedo becomes available to the public, it will show up at the track. This is not a tragedy, it's called racing, and it's been this way since the second car came off the assembly line.

Personally, I am mixed on the speedo. If it is as good as its reputation, then it's a no-brainer for those at the top of the field. Obviously, I wish it were cheaper, or that I hadn't spent what I spent on the gear I've got and had that money to spend again and blah blah blah. The last time I checked, and nowtwithstanding my enthusiasm for racing toy cars, I'm a grownup. And I will make the call on my spending according to my own priorities and take my lumps, sugar or salt, as they come.

See you on Wednesday. The new carpet is really close, now.

Todd M.
ROAR cannot stop it without actually changing their rules. Once it's released to the general public there are no rules governing the ESC. Also, I would not call it a no brainer to switch. It's more like the flavor of the month. The last big national race it was the Tekin and the next one who knows.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sixgears
What sauce is being used at the Hangar?

Also, can a tire brand/compound be recommended as a good baseline? I realize that there are a large amount of variables but I would rather not purchase styrofoam tires, only to find that everyone else is racing on rubber foams with various color - coded heat ranges!

Thanks!
Paragon Ground Effects...
Old 11-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Sixgears: we have to assume you are talking about 12th scale since it's the only class to run foams in. Paragon is the sauce. Pink/2xpink should get you very close to what you need.

As far as the speedo goes.... I am all for capitalism, but a $350 esc sounds just needing a $650 .12 to go race at FW. I hope the common sense prevails. I wish the boys back east the best of luck selling an elite speedo for the national circuit, but it would be disappointing to see that kind of money get spent just for knocking pipes around inside a hanger.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

Sean: Thank you

Brian: Thank you and YGPM

Does anyone sell Paragon locally? I need a can for Wed
Old 11-09-2009, 01:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

$399 for a speedo is ridiculous.

I don't really care if other people at the Hangar buy it because the only people likely to spend that on a speedo are people who are really good drivers looking to shave an extra tenth and those people were going to beat me anyway.

If they're buying it to prepare for bigger races, I'm going to hope that they do well with it.

Also, maybe I'll pick up their used "flavor of last month" speedos at a discount.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Don't stress too much if you can't find one by Wed, plenty of people (including myself) are willing to share.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Paragon has been on backorder but it is now available and we should get it in on Wednesday before I go to the hangar.

If so I will bring some with our tub of stuff to sell...If not you can use mine for the night...

Sean
Old 11-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

Sounds good, thanks guys!
Old 11-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have Paragon in stock at the store, Hobbytown Everett @ the Everett Mall.

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
it would be disappointing to see that kind of money get spent just for knocking pipes around inside a hanger.
Which is why I personally have a $99 Havok 1S from Novak on order for my 1/12. Has the built in booster for 1s, its under $100. Probably a POS but it will make my car go around in circles.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
I have Paragon in stock at the store, Hobbytown Everett @ the Everett Mall.

Which is why I personally have a $99 Havok 1S from Novak on order for my 1/12. Has the built in booster for 1s, its under $100. Probably a POS but it will make my car go around in circles.
I think that ESC is so tall that your going to have to cut the heatsink down so the speedo will fit under a 1/12 body...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.