Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree373Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I'm happy to report that the loaner fleet is now three strong again! I replaced all three of the motors (and geared them down a bit), fixed one gear box, rebuilt one steering column, cleaned them up and made sure the antennas stick out nice and high They've seen better days but should be up to the task of handling loaner duty now.

At the same time Korey and I are planning to have a Secret Test Vehicle added to the fleet for more experienced loaner drivers. Fingers crossed.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

good to hear adam. nice job.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's fantastic news, Adam. Thanks for shouldering the load. Our loaner program is very important for the long-term health of the club, and you've put us back on our feet.
Old 12-23-2014, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
I'm happy to report that the loaner fleet is now three strong again! I replaced all three of the motors (and geared them down a bit), fixed one gear box, rebuilt one steering column, cleaned them up and made sure the antennas stick out nice and high They've seen better days but should be up to the task of handling loaner duty now.

At the same time Korey and I are planning to have a Secret Test Vehicle added to the fleet for more experienced loaner drivers. Fingers crossed.
MOD SCALE SPEC
Old 12-23-2014, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Way to go Adam. You've now earned -1 ride under the bus.

Seriously though. It's greatly appreciated. I wouldn't have the time or patience to do it.
Old 12-23-2014, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Nice work. Let's hope those two people we let down at the Can-Am challenge come back.

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
MOD SCALE SPEC
I'd try it.

-Mike
Old 12-23-2014, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Nice work. Let's hope those two people we let down at the Can-Am challenge come back.
Yeah, that was very unfortunate and pretty embarrassing. Never again!
Old 12-23-2014, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
MOD SCALE SPEC
Old 12-23-2014, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That was on me more than you, Adam.

I've gotten back with them to let them know we're up and running again. Credit to you for pulling it off.

Thanks again
Old 12-23-2014, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Got some new lexan to crash test. lol. wanted somthing that looks a bit more like a racing car than the obligitory blob. go ahead and ban that thing todd. lol.
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-20141223_151315.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-20141223_151258.jpg  
Old 12-23-2014, 05:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonracing
Got some new lexan to crash test. lol. wanted somthing that looks a bit more like a racing car than the obligitory blob. go ahead and ban that thing todd. lol.
Looks nice. I think its in the spirit of the idea for scale spec, so no reason to think Todd would be against it. Why would he spoil Christmas?

I do know what might not be legal though, although its hard to tell from the angle of the pictures, you may want to look at the wing height. The top of the wing cannot be above the roofline of the body. If so, it will be easier to deal with now than on race day.

-a
Old 12-23-2014, 05:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

By the way, Happy Holidays to all.
Bravo Adam. Thanks.
Hope to see everyone at the track rebuild early on the 27th so we can get it all accomplished quickly.

-a
Old 12-23-2014, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by oldrcr
Looks nice. I think its in the spirit of the idea for scale spec, so no reason to think Todd would be against it. Why would he spoil Christmas?

I do know what might not be legal though, although its hard to tell from the angle of the pictures, you may want to look at the wing height. The top of the wing cannot be above the roofline of the body. If so, it will be easier to deal with now than on race day.

-a
I was refering to the modern camaro. todd calls it the blob. i hate it now. never had so many body tucks in one race. as for the wing its just the angle of the pic. its below the roof line. (i already checked with long ruler). its legal. I would not run an illegal body or any kind of illegal part or parts.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dragonracing
I was refering to the modern camaro. todd calls it the blob. i hate it now. never had so many body tucks in one race. as for the wing its just the angle of the pic. its below the roof line. (i already checked with long ruler). its legal. I would not run an illegal body or any kind of illegal part or parts.
Yeah, the blobs got some attention for a while. I noticed your Camaro tucking a bunch last race. I had one that did that many years ago, can't remember which one, anyway, not much fun. I do like bodies that look like real cars, if that is what they are meant to represent. I didn't imply you would run anything illegal, we just had issues a while back with wings in scale spec from others so it always is something that gets noticed. Glad yours is good to go.

-a
Old 12-23-2014, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Ill have to recheck after i reset ride height etc. i think the body is a tad high in the back. the wing might be a touch high. ill be measuring it all tomorrow. if it is its only a mm or two. I have shock o rings under the mounts to raise it in the rear or front to adjust downforce.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.