Like Tree373Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Punch cards

SRCR's,

To help smooth out PayPal and or entry fee during registration we've put together a few punch card options for purchase. Two options include, 5 for $75.00 and 10 for $150.00.

You can order your punch cards two ways.

1: Send $75 or $150 to the clubs PayPal account at*, [email protected]
2: Hand check to Todd for $75 or $150 made out to Seattle RC Racers*

*Please add in the comments/for line in PayPal or on your Check what this is for!

Ordered punch cards will be handed out on race nights

Hope this helps!

Kody

Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-srcr-5-entry-punch-card.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-srcr-10-entry-punch-card.jpg  
Old 09-24-2014, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hangar 30 Opener

So, I go in to give Stuart his usual headlock-noogie-ear bite-whisker scratch-time to get up! and after he stops thrashing I ask him if he's ready to race tonight. He answers, clear-eyed and straight-faced, "Oh yea. And I'm going to beat you."

Seattle, Wednesday, it's raining, fall is here, and we're racing in Hangar 30. I'm thinking Stock 1/12th scale...the original and still the one.

The Comp Committee has been working hard preparing to kick off the season. Last Saturday was fantastic, and tonight promises more of the same. Let's get after it
Old 09-24-2014, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The day is not far off when Stuart gets up earlier then you and says: come on dad, get up and take your whoopin! Lets go racing!!!

I will be packing a stock 12 car as well. I will also have my wgt if others are paying attention.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Ok 12th scale fanatics, are there any must-do changes I should be considering going from our Gym carpet to our H30 track? I know it's more bumpy so I set my ride height around 3.6mm (from 3.2mm at the gym last weekend), but is there something else I should be doing?

It's only 10:40am at work and I'm already holding my car keys, ready to GTFO.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
Ok 12th scale fanatics, are there any must-do changes I should be considering going from our Gym carpet to our H30 track? I know it's more bumpy so I set my ride height around 3.6mm (from 3.2mm at the gym last weekend), but is there something else I should be doing?

It's only 10:40am at work and I'm already holding my car keys, ready to GTFO.
\

I have been toying with the idea of buying a speed merchant so i can play with you guys... but well see.

Yep pretty excited myself hehe

packed and ready to roll...
Old 09-24-2014, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -jacob-
packed and ready to roll...
Yup....I put a couple drops of SXT in my morning coffee. Let's do this!
Old 09-24-2014, 10:59 AM
Tech Addict

LMAO.... i gotta try that!
Old 09-24-2014, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Adam, that's about all you can change for now. H30's HD2 carpet has naturally more grip then the CC's HD. You will find it steers more. So if you are going to change anything, maybe less front sauce or slightly less front camber. Maybe, I mean maybe shift weight fwd a tick. Pretty sure we were going to musical chair the carpet panels around tonight. If we do that, grip will be funky. It will be the same for all, though.

I find myself staring at the clock too.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

unable to race as i get up earlier than most of you. 5 am the alarm goes off. but i am swinging by for a visit and to pick up my new MT-4 radio. yep finally stepping up from the toy radio...

no more steering return springs breaking mid qualifier. lol.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Adam, that's about all you can change for now. H30's HD2 carpet has naturally more grip then the CC's HD. You will find it steers more. So if you are going to change anything, maybe less front sauce or slightly less front camber. Maybe, I mean maybe shift weight fwd a tick. Pretty sure we were going to musical chair the carpet panels around tonight. If we do that, grip will be funky. It will be the same for all, though.

I find myself staring at the clock too.
Thanks Brian! I'm very excited (and nervous ) to share the carpet with you and Todd for 24 minutes tonight
Old 09-24-2014, 04:12 PM
Tech Regular

Soon.
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-wp_20140924_16_09_35_pro.jpg  
Old 09-24-2014, 04:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonracing
unable to race as i get up earlier than most of you. 5 am the alarm goes off. but i am swinging by for a visit and to pick up my new MT-4 radio. yep finally stepping up from the toy radio...

no more steering return springs breaking mid qualifier. lol.
Those are killer radios. I'm a huge fan of Airtronics/Sanwa's latest radios. All of them.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Those are killer radios. I'm a huge fan of Airtronics/Sanwa's latest radios. All of them.
my very first radio in rc was am Airtronics. the rival. no frills no nada. lol. then it was on to the 3ps. awesome radio.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default H30 9/24 Results

Kyle will get to the race report shortly, but the results came home with me on the gym race computer. I'll simply say: we had a great night first night at the hangar with close racing across the classes.

Word up, we're back next Wednesday, October 1, at the hangar. Only one week!

Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (34.3 KB, 54 views)
Round2.txt (35.5 KB, 68 views)
Round3.txt (32.1 KB, 88 views)
Old 09-25-2014, 11:36 PM
Tech Regular

Default Hangar 30, Round 1 Results

Man, it feels good to get back to our little CRC-carpeted slice of heaven known as the Hangar 30 track. The asphalt season was good, but the timing couldn’t have been better for us to roll out the rug and get back to business. While some things at H30 have changed, the most important items (namely quality racing and club member engagement) have not. Some of the changes should probably be reiterated for those who weren’t able to make last night’s race:
  • Our rental rates have gone up, so moving forward registration fees are now $15 per car, and prepaid punch cards can now be purchased from Kody Knudtson. Please note the city will be collecting a portion of all cash transactions at our events moving forward, so we encourage all racers to use PayPal or the punch cards as much as possible.
  • Registration for families is $25; one car per family member, additional cars for family members are $15 apiece.
  • We are responsible for our own tables and chairs, and the club has secured several tables for us to use and has provided space in our storage room to keep them throughout the season. We have plenty of tables, but it couldn’t hurt for some folks to bring their own chairs next time as we will not be renting them for future races. We’re working on a storage solution for some folding chairs, so feel free to ask me if you can store your chair when we tear down after the next race.
  • Club rules have had some tweaks, be sure to review the updated rules page on our website.
  • Despite World GT being dropped from the Saturday Community Center program, we are still running World GT at Hangar 30, so bring ‘em out!!

Now for the racing…..here’s how it all went down….
Scale Spec debuted in customarily strong fashion with a 12 car field. Shiny new chassis and lexan bodies were put to task for the night, bugs were worked out and progress was made by each car in the field. The B-main was a duel between Mike Boyle and myself for the bump, and thanks to some bad luck Mike’s charge was held at bay and I managed to claim the final slot in the big show. The A Main saw Scott Howell return to the track after taking most of the summer off, clearly not missing a beat as he put it on pole with Mark Brown only a couple seconds behind. A second lap fracas saw the bottom half of the field shuffled around while the top 4 cars distanced themselves and settled in for the long-haul. Scott managed his lead for the first 18 laps while Mark patently stalked his prey. All it took was a single bobble of 0.75 seconds from Scott, and Mark snatched the lead, never to look back. If you’re looking for tight wheel to wheel racing, there’s no substitute for Scale Spec. Final result: Mark takes the win, Scott 1.8 seconds behind in 2nd, Rob Swan in 3rd place.

Stock 1/12 saw Brian Bodine in his customary spot on pole position, Todd Mason 2nd, Stuart Mason 3rd and Adam Gorski formally launching his 1/12 scale bid in the 4 spot for the main. While Brian may have earned his spot on the nose, the formula for success seemed elusive in the main, with his car never appearing to be as dialed as it was in the qualifying rounds. Todd wasted no time, seizing the opportunity on lap 2 by mustering his fastest lap of the race to pass Brian and take the lead. From that point Todd turned his laps with clockwork precision, while Brian diced with Stuart and tried to find some of the pace that managed to slip away after Q2. In the end, Todd’s relentless consistency and speed were too much to overcome, with Todd taking the win and Brian crossing the line 2.8 seconds back.

One of the highlights of any race night for me is when we have novice racers join in the fun. Last night we had three new(ish) racers in Novice. Jeff Johnson and Tim Cook raced 1/8 scale gas and oval cars back in the first Bush administration. (By the way, that would be George “Not gon’ doit, wouldn’t be prudent” Bush, not the other one) The third driver was Karla Boyle, Mike Boyle’s wife and now a candidate for the “Coolest Wife in the History of the World” award. All three managed to finish their qualifiers and the main event, improving their pace throughout the night. Jeff qualified in the top spot and ultimately claimed the win. Karla proved the Tamiya Mini chassis is tough as nails and can hang with a touring car just fine, qualifying 3rd and taking 2nd. Tim exhibited a “never say die” mentality, pushing through three mechanical failures in the main which required trackside triage to see his way to the finish line. I hope we see all three of these racers at several more events throughout the season.

Stock Touring was a pretty full field, with 7 cars taking the track in the qualifiers. It also marked the return of Kody Knudtson to the Stock TC ranks in the Hangar. Panda took pole position and led from bell to bell, with Jake Danilchik in the 2 spot, also from start to finish. Actually, as I look through the grid spots and compare them to the finishing order, each car finished where it started in the main. That’s not to say there weren’t battles on track – far from it. Rob Swan and Kody Johnson swapped places a couple times during their 6 minutes before Kodi finally edged Rob by a few car lengths on the final lap. (Please note that Rob was hand counted and his lap times are incorrect. He turned roughly a 31/6:01.) The stock TC cars were hooking-up really well in the Hangar, partially due to some clever carpet stretching and taping by Brian and Todd. Stock TC is legit and Hangar 30, so toss your gear in the trunk and come join us!

Overall it was a great way to kick off the season. A big thanks to everyone who helped set-up, tear down, and especially to those who showed-up to race. I hope more of you are able to press pause on your busy lives and come burn a few battery packs with us down at Hangar 30. As we reminder, we have another race next week on 10/1, 5pm set-up, first race goes off at 7pm, and we’re out the door by 11pm.

Results are attached.
Attached Files
Round1.txt (34.3 KB, 75 views)
Round2.txt (35.5 KB, 59 views)
Round3.txt (32.1 KB, 74 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.