Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Goingfast
How much are ORCA speedos going for?
which one do you have in stock?
They are the VRITRA VTC's. The TC version! $199.99 is what RCH has them market at.

Product.No. OBS1600T
ORCA VRITRA TC SPEC competition ESC is our latest product to featrue ultra smooth torque curve that is suitable for modified and stock racing alike. Improved hardware and our innovative STOCK MODE that increases the motors RPM to give you power never imagine possible. Pre-loaded Modified and stock profiles and with the included LCD setting card you are able to adjust the various parameters to suit all situations.

- Forward/Brake/Revese : Yes
- Multiple Protection Feature : Yes
- Multiple Adjustable Parameters : 12 Parameters
- Adjustable Drive Frequencies : Yes
- Motor Type : 540 Size Sensored/Sensorless
- Motor Limit : Over 2.5T
- Voltage Input : 4.8V - 9.9V DC
4-6 Cell NiCD/NiMH
2 Cell LiPo/1-3 Cell LiFe
- Dimensions : 42(L) x 33.5(W) x 36(H) mm, with fan attached
- Weight : 66g(Without wires)

Kody
Old 10-15-2009, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

It was great to see Sean on the rug once again. Too bad the electrical gremlin came with him. Mod 12th is a blast at the Hanger, there's always next time. Great to see some new faces in 12th as well, welcome Dave. I didn't draw your heat, but I got to marshal it and it looks like you are well on your way. Bill's ride looked pretty sharp in R1 till that freaky little spin out occurred. I looked at his car briefly after the run and noticed his tires were peeling. Always keep a close look at your tires. Make sure the edges are glued every run!

Whether guys knew it or not was a make or break evening for my MS3L car. I have one little issue that has kept it from going into production. The part I tested was either going to show promise or remain the same. If it remained, I was going to discontinue the car. Well, it showed promise. So the carrot is dangled in front me a little longer. It's a heavy day at the drawing board. We'll see if I can get near production parts ready for the TZ2 in Nov.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Hey Brian, thanks for the advice last night. I'll be working on setup before the next race.

Alex had told me to glue the tires too, as the fronts went before the rears....I used a little flat-tip screwdriver to apply the glue, but don't think I used enough before R2.

Staying off the pipe should help with my tire issues as well.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kody
They are the VRITRA VTC's. The TC version! $199.99 is what RCH has them market at.

Product.No. OBS1600T
ORCA VRITRA TC SPEC competition ESC is our latest product to featrue ultra smooth torque curve that is suitable for modified and stock racing alike. Improved hardware and our innovative STOCK MODE that increases the motors RPM to give you power never imagine possible. Pre-loaded Modified and stock profiles and with the included LCD setting card you are able to adjust the various parameters to suit all situations.

- Forward/Brake/Revese : Yes
- Multiple Protection Feature : Yes
- Multiple Adjustable Parameters : 12 Parameters
- Adjustable Drive Frequencies : Yes
- Motor Type : 540 Size Sensored/Sensorless
- Motor Limit : Over 2.5T
- Voltage Input : 4.8V - 9.9V DC
4-6 Cell NiCD/NiMH
2 Cell LiPo/1-3 Cell LiFe
- Dimensions : 42(L) x 33.5(W) x 36(H) mm, with fan attached
- Weight : 66g(Without wires)

Kody

Thanks
Old 10-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

sounds like everyone had a blast, can't wait till the 31st
Old 10-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Race Results

The full dish of race results, quals and mains, is up on the club's website.

http://seattlercracers.com/race-results/

From now on, I will post the five A Mains as soon as possible on the thread, usually the night of, and then I'll follow up with the complete results on the club's site within a day or two.

Enjoy.

Next race on the 28th!
Old 10-16-2009, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Looked at the genX last night real quick. After the XL upgrade I've got at least 4-5mm of rear pod droop. The shock is too long...I used the wrong ball cup on the top end.

Definitely gonna run thru it and hopefully be dialed for the 28th!

Old 10-16-2009, 11:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Izzy, Aaron and I had a great time Wednesday. Thanks again for the loaner, Todd. (I hope I didn't trash your new body too bad!)

I am curious, though--why didn't the novice main run first so we could get the brats, I mean the next generation, out the door as early as possible?
Old 10-16-2009, 12:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
The full dish of race results, quals and mains, is up on the club's website.

http://seattlercracers.com/race-results/

From now on, I will post the five A Mains as soon as possible on the thread, usually the night of, and then I'll follow up with the complete results on the club's site within a day or two.

Enjoy.

Next race on the 28th!
may i suggest posting the results also on the race results page, might help draw interest to the hanger.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

If anyone has pictures from this past Wed night H-30 race they'd like to donate, please PM me to get my email addy. I'd like to put a few up on the club's Facebook page.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jubilee
If anyone has pictures from this past Wed night H-30 race they'd like to donate, please PM me to get my email addy. I'd like to put a few up on the club's Facebook page.

Sorry, I left the camera in Troy's truck, and forgot about it.

It was good to see all the familiar faces. I guess I might have to buck up the unemployment funds to race again.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randoggy
Izzy, Aaron and I had a great time Wednesday. Thanks again for the loaner, Todd. (I hope I didn't trash your new body too bad!)

I am curious, though--why didn't the novice main run first so we could get the brats, I mean the next generation, out the door as early as possible?

The committee chose to have any B Mains run first so that bumps could be managed in time for the end of the rotations. Novice & 1/18th scale was to be the 1st up after any lowers.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dsrbltoys
Sorry, I left the camera in Troy's truck, and forgot about it.

It was good to see all the familiar faces. I guess I might have to buck up the unemployment funds to race again.
Wow, it was only 19 months since your last post. Heck I couldn't even remember your username. Good visiting with you on Wednesday.

Steve
Old 10-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Are there specs for 1/18th scale?

I was a spectator on Wednesday, but now I have the d$%n racing itch again. There must be something in the wintergreen aroma... I spent a couple seasons racing 10th scale electric on-road in the 80s with SARCAR.

I thought I'd get back into things slowly and it looked like 1/18th scale could use some more racers. Or is the 1/18th scale division likely to go away from lack of racers?

What are the specs for 1/18th scale? I'm leaning toward an XRay M18 Pro, but I'm lost in the mire of motor and battery choices. I'm familiar with Novak and Tekin from 20+ years ago, so was leaning toward a Novak brushless setup with Li-Po, but don't want to plunk down money for something that doesn't fit the specs.

Help?

Thanks,
- David
Old 10-17-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
The committee chose to have any B Mains run first so that bumps could be managed in time for the end of the rotations. Novice & 1/18th scale was to be the 1st up after any lowers.
Ohhhh! That makes sense. I'm still working on my mastery of the obvious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.