Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 06:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by fastharry
thats seems like a nice feature.....but I unbolt the engine from the top of the mount anyway...why use a split mount?..
if the engine mounts is like the buggy ones, the screws that tie the engine mount to the chassis are flat head so there's no play at all, this one piece also ties to the actual mounts, once adjusted the gear mesh, you only need to use the flat head, so the fits is perfect at all times, I bet that some brands will follow for sure!
unbolting from the top leaves some play, very critical specially on some kits
that don't use a split on the pinions/spurs teeth.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm all excited about the new car and I really don't care to see any pictures at this point. I just want to know when the car will be available at my LHS? I'm about to buy the MTX-4 and now I'm just waiting to hear about the cars release date.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Seisick
if the engine mounts is like the buggy ones, the screws that tie the engine mount to the chassis are flat head so there's no play at all, this one piece also ties to the actual mounts, once adjusted the gear mesh, you only need to use the flat head, so the fits is perfect at all times, I bet that some brands will follow for sure!
unbolting from the top leaves some play, very critical specially on some kits
that don't use a split on the pinions/spurs teeth.
I guess it depends on how easy it is to remove the engine from the chassis. On the RRR, it's so easy to remove just the engine (not engine with mount) from the top, it's ridiculous - on the MTX-4, it's a contortionist act.

I know what you're saying, with regard to perfect alignment, but I think it will all depend on the engine and how easy or difficult it is to remove just the engine or the engine with the mount from the car. Also, how the holes on the engine line up with the mount's. There needs to be some room for adjustment.

I always check the gear mesh because of wear and possible engine movement as a result of a collision.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 01-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daveb
I'm all excited about the new car and I really don't care to see any pictures at this point. I just want to know when the car will be available at my LHS? I'm about to buy the MTX-4 and now I'm just waiting to hear about the cars release date.
Wait till after the Winternats before you buy a car. See the top performers there and then make your decision based on the A & B mains.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
Wait till after the Winternats before you buy a car. See the top performers there and then make your decision based on the A & B mains.
I've seen people in other parts of this forum say "don't buy a car based on who won such and such race, but rather buy based on availability and parts availability in your area." It seems to me that I can order any car, but when I break something or need a hop-up and have to special order it from someplace that takes forever and a day to arrive it's no good.

Any comment?
Old 01-20-2007, 09:38 PM
Tech Regular

Dredd-
If we were to purchase our cars based all on parts availability we would all be driving NTC3's. Let's face it, even in the electric touring, parts are hard to come by when you just compare "the top" cars (hot bodies, tamiya, x-ray & corrally). I know quite a bit of hobby shops and I've yet to come by a shop that will carry loads of parts for all of these popular cars. Most shops will carry one or two but never all four.
My comparison to electric touring may be a little off but the same goes with brands such as Mugen & Serpent. Now with the addition of X-RAY's NT1 is really going to mix things up. Just my .02
Old 01-20-2007, 10:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT MOST OF YOU GUYS OUT THERE BUT WHEN i SAW THE CAR AND LOOK AT IT CLOSELEY. I was expecting , maybe some aluminum bulk heads or some springs steel universals just something that stands out as Xray has always done. Its pretty much like the top three that are already out there. but we will wait and see what the final production gives us.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

To be honest, if you decided to buy your RC car because your LHS has all the stock and options....yes, NTC3 will be your only choice, or may be HPI RS4 series (not R40)..........
Serpent/Mugen/Kyosho/Xray are the big boys on the on road scene now...and their car/parts are not the cheapest. LHS will never stock the full line of the parts unless they know a lot of their customer are running those.
Your last choice....ONLINE.........but again, you have to wait for the parts, that is something never change.

Lets use Xray for a good example, T2,007, I would say 1 out of 3 are running T2 series in EP now, the more T2 on the road, the more demand on the parts, and that is when BACKORDER occur.

Now....will NT1 do the same? RC America will have the answer very soon. But I am sure they will work hard on that especailly after the Winternat because Summer is coming (outdoor on road season begins) and NT1 is their first nitro On road....they are not going to drop the ball on that.

About alum bulkheads on NT1........I am not sure using alum on nitro car has any advantage except mroe expansive parts. I don't think I have ever replace a bulkhead on any of my nitro on road from 200mm to 235m and 1/8th...not one.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dredd
I've seen people in other parts of this forum say "don't buy a car based on who won such and such race, but rather buy based on availability and parts availability in your area." It seems to me that I can order any car, but when I break something or need a hop-up and have to special order it from someplace that takes forever and a day to arrive it's no good.

Any comment?
I always wait until I see how a new car or engine perform in the hands of people I can judge, i.e. racers on my skill level.

If someone races for example an MTX-4 and switches to a new car which makes him a lap faster, than I will contemplate to look into the new car.

When Barry B. wins a race in Ft.Myers, that just means that he won another one. The guys would have one with any other serious race car as well!

To me it's important how well a car performs on our level.

Serpent 710 was pretty fast in team drivers hands, but it was a nightmare to set up for "normal" people like us.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stefan
I always wait until I see how a new car or engine perform in the hands of people I can judge, i.e. racers on my skill level.

If someone races for example an MTX-4 and switches to a new car which makes him a lap faster, than I will contemplate to look into the new car.

When Barry B. wins a race in Ft.Myers, that just means that he won another one. The guys would have one with any other serious race car as well!

To me it's important how well a car performs on our level.

Serpent 710 was pretty fast in team drivers hands, but it was a nightmare to set up for "normal" people like us.
You mean us mortals.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Solara
To be honest, if you decided to buy your RC car because your LHS has all the stock and options....yes, NTC3 will be your only choice, or may be HPI RS4 series (not R40)..........
Serpent/Mugen/Kyosho/Xray are the big boys on the on road scene now...and their car/parts are not the cheapest. LHS will never stock the full line of the parts unless they know a lot of their customer are running those.
Your last choice....ONLINE.........but again, you have to wait for the parts, that is something never change.

Lets use Xray for a good example, T2,007, I would say 1 out of 3 are running T2 series in EP now, the more T2 on the road, the more demand on the parts, and that is when BACKORDER occur.

Now....will NT1 do the same? RC America will have the answer very soon. But I am sure they will work hard on that especailly after the Winternat because Summer is coming (outdoor on road season begins) and NT1 is their first nitro On road....they are not going to drop the ball on that.

About alum bulkheads on NT1........I am not sure using alum on nitro car has any advantage except mroe expansive parts. I don't think I have ever replace a bulkhead on any of my nitro on road from 200mm to 235m and 1/8th...not one.
I have a local shop that stocks quite a few upgrades, option parts etc for Serpent, and quite a few for Kyosho. For Mugen he special orders as needed. I asked him the other day about getting Team magic parts. He said that like Mugen or X-Ray he will special order parts and hop-ups on a person to person basis.

What you say is true, there's a ton of AE, HPI, and Ofna parts and very little else in general (all special order).

Well, I know you can't stock everything but if parts are easy to get it will help tremendously.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:07 AM
Tech Elite

More news from Team XRAY: http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...To%20Run%20NT1

Jilles Groskamp To Run NT1

Jilles Groskamp has confirmed that for the 2007 racing season he will run the XRAY T2'007 in the electric touring car category, and additionally will join the team to support and run the new XRAY NT1 in nitro touring car races. Jilles will debut the NT1, together with the rest of Team XRAY, at the upcoming US Winternationals in Florida.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

one more player to the game
Old 01-23-2007, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Not that it matters, but he is not even on the most updated list for the Winternats, and that includes the waiting list.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Not that it matters, but he is not even on the most updated list for the Winternats, and that includes the waiting list.
That is interesting since he was on the list as of 1/3/07.... (2007 Winternats thread, pg 12)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.