Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Z00M
I think his post was worded to say he had no trouble with a loose rear end
... as compared to the RRR is how I interpreted it.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
No matter how good the manufacturing quality is, the driver is still the number one determining factor in the outcome of the race.

Some questions for you, if you don't mind...

- What cars did the other NT1 drivers drive before switching to the NT1?
- How was the traction?
- Do you have a picture of the track? Was it sweeping or technical?

Thanks!
Most were 720 before, I know 1 was mugen and 1 was Kyosho
Good question, it is almost traction roll condition. Xrays didnt have the oneway so little disadvantage com. to the 720s ( and most only had their car few days before... like me )
i'll try to get a link of a video. It is almost oval outside and technical on the inside. Last week T. record was 22.5, today it gone down 20.s

Xray was leading the race half lap until some flam out problem..... lost 2 lap never catch up to the first after. End up 2nd

But I have no doubt Xray will have strong performance in this part of the world.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kitracer
Most were 720 before, I know 1 was mugen and 1 was Kyosho
Good question, it is almost traction roll condition. Xrays didnt have the oneway so little disadvantage com. to the 720s ( and most only had their car few days before... like me )
i'll try to get a link of a video. It is almost oval outside and technical on the inside. Last week T. record was 22.5, today it gone down 20.s

Xray was leading the race half lap until some flam out problem..... lost 2 lap never catch up to the first after. End up 2nd

But I have no doubt Xray will have strong performance in this part of the world.
Thanks for answering my questions. That helps explain a lot of things. I'm looking forward to the video.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

to kitracer and rmdhawaii thanks for the information and questions...
Old 04-29-2007, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Can I ask a really dumb question....??? This is my first Xray and it has been great to put together... but How do you screw the shock bottoms on to the set screw? What am I missing here...???
Old 04-29-2007, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

There is a 3mm hex in the inside of the metal pivot ball. So 3mm hex wrench.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Art Jensen
There is a 3mm hex in the inside of the metal pivot ball. So 3mm hex wrench.
Thanks.... I feel dumb....
Old 04-29-2007, 04:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

[QUOTE=kitracer]out of the dozen raced today, almost all of them run spool.
Some used 60K and some used 80K rear (this is Xray oil)
The fastest Xray ran Spool and 30K rear( serpent oil)

What does runnig spool mean
Old 04-29-2007, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=TheIceman]
Originally Posted by kitracer
out of the dozen raced today, almost all of them run spool.
Some used 60K and some used 80K rear (this is Xray oil)
The fastest Xray ran Spool and 30K rear( serpent oil)

What does running spool mean
A spool is the same as a solid axle.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:13 PM
Tech Adept

Default X RAY SLAYER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spKNbLe6kxM
TESTING VIDEO OF THE X RAY SLAYER.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default building NT1

Today I build the NT1...what an amazing kit! This went together so easy that I forgot to take notes, but I am glad to see the car done and in only about 5 hours. I do intend on running the one-way and spool for testing, but back to the kit.
The quality of the car is awsome! I've been driving Mugen for the past 3 years, but the Mugen didn't have the quality feel this car does. I made a carbon fiber battery tray for the car but hadn't put it on yet, I'm tryin to use the option of dropping the fuel tank the 3mm with a stock battery pack. I'm upset that I won't be able to run the car till this coming weekend, as I don't want to run it on the road. The car has so much free roll, unlike the Mugen that had to "wear" in before it had good free roll. Mr Hudy did an excellent job.
Just a couple pics....oh, don't pick on my wife's table cloth. I blame her for my head-ache.
Attached Thumbnails Xray NT1-image009.jpg   Xray NT1-image006.jpg  
Old 04-29-2007, 06:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Where is a good place to get some of the Hudy Tools required to build and maintain the Nt1. I am having a hard time finding the flywheel tool and the pinion tool, and the grease and lubes they suggest. Are there some acceptable tools available that are not hudy brand for these items? Sorry guys I am new and will be asking many stupid questions at first.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
Today I build the NT1...what an amazing kit! This went together so easy that I forgot to take notes, but I am glad to see the car done and in only about 5 hours. I do intend on running the one-way and spool for testing, but back to the kit.
The quality of the car is awsome! I've been driving Mugen for the past 3 years, but the Mugen didn't have the quality feel this car does. I made a carbon fiber battery tray for the car but hadn't put it on yet, I'm tryin to use the option of dropping the fuel tank the 3mm with a stock battery pack. I'm upset that I won't be able to run the car till this coming weekend, as I don't want to run it on the road. The car has so much free roll, unlike the Mugen that had to "wear" in before it had good free roll. Mr Hudy did an excellent job.
Just a couple pics....oh, don't pick on my wife's table cloth. I blame her for my head-ache.
Very nice James. Can't believe you put it together in only 5 hours. Are you sure you weren't rushing? Hopefully, you'll get in enough testing to be ready for the Florida round up Memorial Day weekend.

"...unlike the Mugen"
Old 04-29-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TheIceman
Where is a good place to get some of the Hudy Tools required to build and maintain the Nt1. I am having a hard time finding the flywheel tool and the pinion tool, and the grease and lubes they suggest. Are there some acceptable tools available that are not hudy brand for these items? Sorry guys I am new and will be asking many stupid questions at first.
You can try these places...

http://www.stormerhobbies.com

http://www.amainhobbies.com
Old 04-29-2007, 09:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

What's the chance that the aluminum hex hubs from Serpent or another car will fit the Xray axles to replace the plastic ones? Can someone check?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.