Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 02:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gfilos
hey guys,

Do you have any info if Xray will release a new 1/10 nitro car?
As I know the NT1 will be the car till at least the IFMAR worlds, after that who knows. There was talk of some new changes but they would be rolled into a new car possibly? Catch was that some of the new bits didn't make the car faster for all conditions. So god knows when / if a new car will be out in the next year. I can't wait to see what it is, I think they sat on their hands a bit to long and allowed Capricorn to play the catch up game. In motorsports its all a game of who learns the most wins the most. If your at the top, you have to keep making changes, making new parts, more testing, more learning to stay ahead. Looks like we got caught out boys, no worries. I am sure more stuff is on the way The Hudy's also seem to have different criteria other than just lap times... durability, reliability etc are things they have on their minds. I am just killing time till the Ca 01 whatever guys get pissed cause their aluminum drive shafts snap and their losing races because the parts from their car that weighs alot less start breaking lol.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Good point
Old 05-10-2010, 03:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kmichael
Good point
There is a reason jerks like me have jobs in motorsports lol.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:25 AM
oze
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jaykay
good rain tires

Hope the weather will be better than forecasted.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D-nicest
Lol, yeah i got it in the "sig" now so I guess it's official. Can't wait to see what it does
Hey diatta I have a quick question. Are the alu pillow balls better to use than the steel ones or are they more of a hassle. Also what is the best way to tell if the alu pillow balls are bent. I got hacked a couple of times in Chaplin and traction rolled but I don't see any visual signs of damage on the pillow balls. I wish xray would just make ti pillow balls that's what I have on my m3 evo they are lighter and stronger than the steel ones that they replaced.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
There is a reason jerks like me have jobs in motorsports lol.
You said it - I didn't...

But seriously P, the racing's been good. Had 43 entries on Saturday. Should be an even bigger turnout at TZ in a couple of weeks. Dave's been racing with the nitro sedans to warm up for Reedy.

Can't take a day off?
Old 05-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HoboShop
Hey diatta I have a quick question. Are the alu pillow balls better to use than the steel ones or are they more of a hassle. Also what is the best way to tell if the alu pillow balls are bent. I got hacked a couple of times in Chaplin and traction rolled but I don't see any visual signs of damage on the pillow balls. I wish xray would just make ti pillow balls that's what I have on my m3 evo they are lighter and stronger than the steel ones that they replaced.
Atomic RC has ti pillow balls at a very good price,I'm ordering a set myself
Old 05-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PDX-Spike
You said it - I didn't...

But seriously P, the racing's been good. Had 43 entries on Saturday. Should be an even bigger turnout at TZ in a couple of weeks. Dave's been racing with the nitro sedans to warm up for Reedy.

Can't take a day off?
I tend to spend a crap load of money on RC so that's why Its easy to take a break lol. dave hates rubber tires, so he races a foam class to get ready for a rubber class lol. That's awesome. lol Come on man, I will make you a good deal on any one of my 4 NT1's lol
Old 05-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kmichael
Atomic RC has ti pillow balls at a very good price,I'm ordering a set myself
I would be cautious with aftermarket parts. The last time I ordered some off brand ti pivot balls they were 5 thousandths of an inch to large and it bound up the suspension. And Ti isn't the sort of material you just sand a bit off and make it the correct size.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default ball cup for throttle?

Anybody know the size or who makes one we can use?
thanks
Old 05-11-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by HoboShop
I honestly liked the V2 Hardened steel pivot balls the best, never bent one or broke one before. In that area of the car, I'd rather have the durability than be concerned about weight savings. And to tell whether they're bent or not I guess you can just rotate them using your wrench to see if it spins true. I'd do it while the car is on the set up gauges... then again you could always just take them off to look at them.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
Anybody know the size or who makes one we can use?
thanks
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...0Linkage%20Set
You may be able to use one from Dubro, a Kyosho kit or even hpi, not sure on the exact size though but I'll try and look into it...
Old 05-12-2010, 03:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

hey boy joining the xray club soon whats the difference btw the 2009 and 2010 spec . handling wise / durability ?
Old 05-12-2010, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alex Siddique
hey boy joining the xray club soon whats the difference btw the 2009 and 2010 spec . handling wise / durability ?
Not that much of the difference Alex.. main things is front bottom arm and rear link bridge which gives you bit more tuning ability.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alex Siddique
Alex you cant go wrong, good choice, I run the 08 version and it still kicks ass. They last long time, you will n-joy.

Cheers
Alex.K

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.