Search

The Speed Shop(Birmingham, Alabama)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Speed Services

Factory Race prep $60/ plus return shipping

This service includes a complete tear down for your race ride. We put our setup or yours on it. We will create a list of parts needed for you and replace all needed parts upon your approval. The Speed Shop includes fresh shock oil with shock rebuild, and fresh diff fluid with the Speed Shop's diff rebuild. We make sure everything is smooth, free, and tight. All areas are checked that need to be loc tite and we top that off with a factory clean job using all high quality products. You can have the same caliber car that the top pro's race with on any given weekend!(parts not included)

The Speed Prep $30/plus return shipping

This is a quick service for our regular customers. This service is designed as a in between before your next Factory race prep. The Speed Shop will Give it a Factory Clean, using all high quality Products. We will then check diffs and rebuild shocks making sure everything is up to par. We will install new clutch/clutch bearings, new air filter, set ride height, camber, gear mesh, and check over all the screw so your ride is Speed Shop approved for your next local race!(parts not included)

Speed Shop Full engine break-in $90/plus return shipping(includes fuel)

Let the Speed Shop save you the trouble of that pesky break-in and do it in house! We have break in benches set up and offer the fastest turn around time in the industry. We have real world race level experience that stands behind our break ins! All engines done inside and in controlled enviroment. We put 1500cc-2000cc on the engine for you. We use our version of the heat cycle method. This option is 6-7 hours of running and several heat cycles.

Speed Shop Race Plus break-in $60/plus return shipping(includes fuel)

Let the Speed Shop save you the trouble of that pesky break-in and do it in house! We have break in benches set up and offer the fastest turn around time in the industry. We have real world race level experience that stands behind our break ins! All engines done inside and in controlled enviroment. We put 1000cc on the engine for you. We use our version of the heat cycle method. This option puts 2-3 hours of running on the engine and several heat cycles.

Speed Shop Race Prep $30/plus return shipping(includes fuel)

Let the Speed Shop save you the trouble of that pesky break-in and do it in house! We have break in benches set up and offer the fastest turn around time in the industry. We have real world race level experience that stands behind our break ins! All engines done inside and in controlled enviroment. We put 500cc on the engine for you. This option is designed to get things going for you the racer. This involves close to 2 hours of running, and several heat cycles. This option will need more break in on track.

Speed Shop engine rebuild $60/plus return shipping

This service includes tearing down the engine and inspecting each part. We clean the engine to have it looking fresh. Our guys install new high quality ceramic bearings front and rear and top that off with a light to medium race pinch. This is the same service we use on our race engines to keep them in top shape at events all around the world!

Speed Shop Sleeve resizing $20/plus return shipping

For this we use only the best! We have a top of the line BMR racing products resizing tool. We take your complete engine, clean bearings(or we can install new) clean the internals, polish out any small scratches on the piston/sleeve and give you what we feel is the perfect pinch. We believe the this can only be accomplished by getting your complete engine and actually feeling the piston/sleeve at temp. We don't believe in the "super tight" theory. With the Speed Shop you get whats going to run best on the track!

Speed Shop's Wrap Install $25/plus return shipping

The Pipe clean $10/plus return shipping

Send us those old dirty, beat up pipes. If it's got tarnish, fuel, dirt, greae baked on we can get it off and make it look like new again. We let it soak in a chemical bath for 8-10 hours, without hurting the coating on your pipe. This improves run time as well because that old stopped up baffle is going to be breathing like new again! After that we clean it up and top it off with a good polish!

Speed Mounting Tire service $7 per set/plus return shipping(includes glue and cleaner)

Never worry about your tires coming unglued during that race! We have years of national level race experience and understand what it's like to prepare and work hard only to have a pre mount come unglued. We put air holes in the tire, clean the tires and rim and glue your tires. You then have a tire that is track ready and done by the best! No order to small or large!
Old 10-22-2014, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Well...ordered all new tools today for the start up. Metric, standard, extra tips, drivers, iron, pretty much top to bottom. Gonna have a couple big boxes coming from absolutehobbyz!
Old 10-22-2014, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

do you have a address ?
Old 10-22-2014, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by taztal3
do you have a address ?
Alan Burton
7. 1st avenue southwest
cairo ga

make sure if you send something you leave me details in box on what you need done. If you have any questions let me know.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

check pm
Old 10-23-2014, 02:00 AM
Tech Elite

Default Agama a8

Enjoyed this buggy in the past. Last race was the psycho nitro blast 2012. Super rough track. Only aftermarket part I used was competition racing products shock pistons which made a huge difference over stock. Made it to the a main from the b and finished 7th I believe.
Attached Thumbnails The Speed Shop(Birmingham, Alabama)-image.jpg  
Old 10-23-2014, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Currently working on getting settled in the new shop and getting things going. To my surprise I have a fair amount of work already on the way. Once I get started I'll get pictures posted and let everyone see the new Speed Shop. Found this old video looking around back when the shop was in Alabama. I always like to show guys what went into the work that we did and how the shop was organized and set up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g9qlvVglsg
Old 10-24-2014, 11:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)
Default kit build

How much for a 1/8 kit build?
Old 10-24-2014, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jhold87
How much for a 1/8 kit build?
Normally $60 plus return shipping for a 1/8 build(contents in box). It's a little more to install servos,clutch and engine.

Doing my services for half price to get the word out again. What kind of kit do you have?
Old 10-25-2014, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

I would like to see some race videos of you guys. If you have one and would like to share with me please post! Let me know what equipment your using as well!
Old 10-25-2014, 05:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Do you have a website?
Old 10-25-2014, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WTDblNut
Do you have a website?
I think this time I'm going to start with social media like Facebook,ect. So many people available that way.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-S...269137?sk=info
Old 10-25-2014, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

I have several hundred bearings on the way to the shop to have stock on engine and car bearings while doing prep services. Big thanks to Jon over at Advantage!
Old 10-26-2014, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Got my practice buggy prepped up and ready for my 2nd track session after a 2 year break. Didn't go bad. TLR 3.0 is really awesome!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.