Search
Like Tree34Likes

The Infiniti IF8 buggy

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by p.hat
the Infinity's factory clutch is a 3 shoe 34mm. there is plenty spacing with the protek installed. I never had any issues running the protek on my HB
Great information, thank you! The protek clutch seems to be a favorite, I'd like to try one. Servicing the 3-shoe units is a pain.

Does the IFB8 kit include any spare tuning options in the box such as different sway bars, shock pistons, etc?
Old Yesterday, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by Buckland
Great information, thank you! The protek clutch seems to be a favorite, I'd like to try one. Servicing the 3-shoe units is a pain.

Does the IFB8 kit include any spare tuning options in the box such as different sway bars, shock pistons, etc?
Agree should have done a 4 shoe clutch out the box.
Old Yesterday, 01:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buckland

The protek clutch is great, been running them for a few years now on my buggies and truggies. convenient parts availability on amain is a huge plus for me

The kit comes with one set of sway bars for front/rear (2.4/2.8), and a few options for shock pistons. Besides the 32* and 35* steering rack stopper i don't think there are many tuning options included with the kit

Shock piston options
6 x 1.2
6 x 1.3
8 x 1.2
8 x 1.3
5 x 1.4
blanks
Buckland likes this.

Last edited by p.hat; Yesterday at 05:03 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So far no diff leakage with 35 minutes of run time. Both F/R diff's were still 47 grams full of fluid

I know HB diffs were prone to it unless you scuff the face. I didn't do anything special with the IF diffs, fingers crossed. Also, diff maintenance is a nice change of pace from the HB lol. 👍🏻
Old Yesterday, 11:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mickey_B
Decided to cancel my pre order on this last minute. Just couldn’t get past the design of the blocks being mounted directly on the chassis. Screws are gonna wear quick and be pain to change. Other than that buggy looked good. Other thing I don’t like is what’s the cost of spares gonna be. I assume RC1 is getting spare parts at some point. For those that purchased please post some unboxing pics.
I find this a bit odd as the only screws that would wear would be the rear ones just like the rear gear case bolts, however even with that said I've got like 14 gallons on my Sparko F8 buggy, and I have still yet to replace the screws on the chassis. or the chassis itself.
I designed my own gearbox from scratch, you can mount the screws for the blocks on the front side, but then you are limited to how much you can reduce the front and rear pivot. The Tekno has the narrowest front and rear pivot, and they couldn't even design the gearbox without making the A and D block mount with screws from underneath. There is some give a take here. Gaining access to the screws for the B and C block when the car is fully assembled is impossible with them being mounted from the side. With this design you can remove all suspension blocks with ease and the screws are right there on the underside of the chassis. These are m4 bolts as well which can take a beating, and have a deep socket depth so even if they do wear there is plenty of depth for the allen wrench.
Old Yesterday, 11:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mickey_B
Agree should have done a 4 shoe clutch out the box.
Well since Sworkz had a hand in the design it is not surprising it is a 3 shoe clutch as the Sparko, and S-35 series has all been sold with a 3 shoe.