Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Eastern Iowa Locations?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 09:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Visited the track 8/13 thinking there was a race but found out on arrival that the date had been canceled. Violated my own advice to anybody driving any significant distance - call ahead!

Tom was very helpful though and set up the track so I could get in some much needed practice. I think this will be a good venue for winter onroad carpet racing as long as there is a turnout. Nice new black CRC carpet and large enough to get up some speed.

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL RACEWAY!
Old 09-02-2016, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Carpet off road this Sunday at Island Speedway. Classes as of now are: Sportsman, 2wd buggy, 2wd SCT, 4wd SCT.

//www.facebook.com/ISLANDSPEEWAY/
Old 10-26-2017, 08:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by BruceR.
I'm shocked there's not a track of some sort in Clinton. Just kidding. But there's plenty of land to build a track. Just no hobby shops near there. And what's up with the Quad Cities? You'd think there'd be more opportunities there.
I know this is an old thread but there actually used to be a track and hobby shop in Clinton. It was there for years and years. Was called "rusties miniatures/delbs speedway". Was named after the man's wife...she had a love for dollhouses...which they also dealt in. The area where it used to be was bought out I believe by the city and possibly adm. Was like a few blocks away from Hy-Vee if your familiar with the area. Was just down from where the under pass is that goes under the tracks in to the land that is now owned by adm. Not on the side of 4th st where the old Depot is but going the other way. Between 4th st And where that big "Clinton" sign is at I believe it's 5th St and 11th Ave so/camanche Ave. This was an outdoor off-road track (real dirt). They moved over to Fulton IL. Its called d & d hobby/d & d speedway. They now have an outdoor off-road track and outdoor Dirt oval. Race every Wednesday night (run what ya brung).
qcrc likes this.