Wiki Posts
Search

First Post! Need Some Opinions...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Originally Posted by The Pope NJ
pull the primer line off the exsust blow up the tank till the fuel reaches the carb inlet. Pull once or twice and away you go. Ez starts are a fast way to destroy a owb. Oh if you are having trouble with it priming open the carb up a bit when you are priming it this helps alot.

Casey did you ever fix that linkage?
Yep fixed it a long time ago, I had to replace the stock plastic throttle mixer though, it snapped from the torque of my servo so now I have an aluminum one. All is lined up well now.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Great. Now lets see some action pics
Old 10-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evanthrax
Hey Guys!

Just wanted to say what's up to my fellow monster truck drivers! I'm actually quite new to the whole RC hobby. Just got my first truck (a MGT 3.0) this summer. However, being in Indiana, I'm going to lose the good weather soon. I've got a big basement, and I'm building a pretty killer (in my opinion) micro track to keep me occupied over the winter. I'll definetly post some pictures after I get everything built =)

My questions, however... I like the MGT 3.0, and I got a great deal on it, but I'd like to pick something up over the winter. The track close to my house, as well as the track I'm building in my back yard is pretty rough. I'm FAR from a racer. Strictly a BASHER! I want a nitro truck for sure, but what do you guys recommend? I've heard Savage stuff is awesome, but they sometimes have issues with it not picking up all the fuel from the tank? I've heard the Revo and T-Maxxx stuff can be a little weak as far as bashing... What do you gues recommend?

Also, what do you guys do during the winter when you don't have good weather?

Thanks!!!!!
if thats all anyone who owns a savage tells you they are in denial. a buggy or a truggy are ultimately the strongest design available but no matter what you get its going to have some sort of an issue.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mister-e-meat
if thats all anyone who owns a savage tells you they are in denial. a buggy or a truggy are ultimately the strongest design available but no matter what you get its going to have some sort of an issue.
Your response is not only wrong, but it makes absolutely no sense to the quoted text.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR
Your response is not only wrong, but it makes absolutely no sense to the quoted text.
Don't worry just "Truggy/TRX" propoganda.lol
Old 10-01-2009, 12:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Yeah, I'm not really sure where that came from either, LOL! I don't have any desire for a buggy/truggy. Especially with where I'm driving.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, I'm not really sure where that came from either, LOL! I don't have any desire for a buggy/truggy. Especially with where I'm driving.
Who knows, he drives a POS plastic toy that can't even handle grass very well You need something with beef if you want to bash.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

I hope whatever you get you are happy with. MT are a lot of fun though.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:03 PM
Tech Adept

last i checked i wasnt driving the savage.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:43 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Guys!

Just wanted to say what's up to my fellow monster truck drivers! I'm actually quite new to the whole RC hobby. Just got my first truck (a MGT 3.0) this summer. However, being in Indiana, I'm going to lose the good weather soon. I've got a big basement, and I'm building a pretty killer (in my opinion) micro track to keep me occupied over the winter. I'll definetly post some pictures after I get everything built =)

My questions, however... I like the MGT 3.0, and I got a great deal on it, but I'd like to pick something up over the winter. The track close to my house, as well as the track I'm building in my back yard is pretty rough. I'm FAR from a racer. Strictly a BASHER! I want a nitro truck for sure, but what do you guys recommend? I've heard Savage stuff is awesome, but they sometimes have issues with it not picking up all the fuel from the tank? I've heard the Revo and T-Maxxx stuff can be a little weak as far as bashing... What do you gues recommend?

Also, what do you guys do during the winter when you don't have good weather?

Thanks!!!!!
Note he wants a MT he is not asking about truggy's or buggy's. To answer your second question. I do a project build.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

If you guys are going to advise him to get a savage because it's durable, great. But please stop hating on the Revo, and saying it's not a good basher, because that's a straight lie.

Revo Bash Video

Now this isn't my video, but I will be glad to make a video if anyone questions the Revos bashing capabilities
Old 10-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Tech Adept

Last edited by mister-e-meat; 10-03-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

i was just trying to offer an unbiased opinion i never said go get a revo its the greatest truck on earth and thats what you guys do with the savage you go around touting its the best truck mone can buy and any newbs that come in asking for an opinion on a truck automatically get ohh man go buy a savage its the best it never breaks the when that is a bold faced LIE and you know it i said you want a durrable car go get a truggy or buggy they will out bash any savage 10x over so stfu about the savage its a pos and my revo would murder it.
sorry for trying to help dude you seem to know so much already why even bother asking for opinions?: lol:: lol:: lol:: lol:
Your maturity proves any point I could make.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

i was just trying to offer an unbiased opinion i never said go get a revo its the greatest truck on earth and thats what you guys do with the savage you go around touting its the best truck mone can buy and any newbs that come in asking for an opinion on a truck automatically get ohh man go buy a savage its the best it never breaks the when that is a bold faced LIE and you know it i said you want a durrable car go get a truggy or buggy they will out bash any savage 10x over so stfu about the savage its a pos and my revo would murder it.
sorry for trying to help dude you seem to know so much already why even bother asking for opinions?: lol:: lol:: lol:: lol:
Never said that the savage doesn't break. I break something everytime I bash but that is because I do stuff with the truck that shouldn't be done with any RC. For running around in the back yard it is a great option. The revo to is a great truck no denying it but it was designed for the track in every aspect. It is closer to a truggy than any MT out there. It handles great. I have nothing but respect for the truck. You are the closed minded one.

More to the point buy what ever fits in you budget the best and strikes you fancy. As long as you stick with the name brand stuff you can't go wrong. Some of that off brand stuff can be pertty shotty.

The truggys are also a great option they are very capable bashing and racing as well.

There is everyone happy. The poor guy just wanted some oppions on what to buy. I was just giving mine and I vote savage. If you have a diffrent oppion give it and state your reasons and stop trying to discredit others oppions just because they don't aggree with your oppion.

I hope you get a truck despite all this nonscense. Bash on brother.

Last edited by The Pope NJ; 10-02-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Tech Rookie

I hear you, Pope. It's not about disproving others opinions...it's about giving them. I didn't expect a debate.

Yeah, I'm new at RC. And to be totally honestly, it's hard to find good help for a newbie. I'm learning that. For those of you that have been helpful, thank you. For the guy that claims I know everything, and talks like a 12 year old, thanks for proving there are idiots in every hobby or sport.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.