Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

Kyosho Mad Van

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2020, 10:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Can anyone tell me what diff fluid I should be using? All stock. The manual only mentions the 4 bevel option.
Old 04-20-2020, 11:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Check
Can anyone tell me what diff fluid I should be using? All stock. The manual only mentions the 4 bevel option.
for diff fluid I don’t have any knowledge of but for the four bevel gear diff, you can buy the bevel gear shafts, part number KYO97001. The bevel gears are part number KYOVZ012.

Hope that helps.
Check likes this.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by racinmason
for diff fluid I don’t have any knowledge of but for the four bevel gear diff, you can buy the bevel gear shafts, part number KYO97001. The bevel gears are part number KYOVZ012.

Hope that helps.
Hey man, I've taken note of the part numbers so thanks for that. I'm changing my spur tomorrow so was just going to refill the diffs while I'm there. Very little information around.
Old 04-20-2020, 01:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey man, I've taken note of the part numbers so thanks for that. I'm changing my spur tomorrow so was just going to refill the diffs while I'm there. Very little information around.
I had the same issue with information. Also difficultly finding spare parts. I don’t know if finding parts for Kyosho is more difficult compared to other companies or not. I’ve never had an issue with Tamiya and parts supplies.
I had the Fazer Mad Van and the Outlaw Rampage, I ended up selling both because of having such a hard time finding parts.
I hope you have better luck than I did.
Old 04-20-2020, 02:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by racinmason
I had the same issue with information. Also difficultly finding spare parts. I don’t know if finding parts for Kyosho is more difficult compared to other companies or not. I’ve never had an issue with Tamiya and parts supplies.
I had the Fazer Mad Van and the Outlaw Rampage, I ended up selling both because of having such a hard time finding parts.
I hope you have better luck than I did.
That's a shame, 2 fun models. I'm in Ireland, can sometimes get parts from England on back order but I had a tough time finding that spur. Finally found one in a small shop in France, they had one left. I love the Mad Van though so I keep with it.
Old 04-20-2020, 04:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

That's a shame, 2 fun models. I'm in Ireland, can sometimes get parts from England on back order but I had a tough time finding that spur. Finally found one in a small shop in France, they had one left. I love the Mad Van though so I keep with it.
yes I really hated to sell the mad van, I loved that van body. Maybe I’ll pick up another mad van some day if parts become more readily available.
Check likes this.
Old 10-08-2021, 01:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I started this thread over a year ago. I been thinking about the Mad Van, since I sold mine a few months after purchase. I kind of regretted getting rid of it, just based on the cool factor.

Today, I strolled into my local Hobbytown and there it was, on the shelf, a new brushless Mad Van. I had to have it.

So the Mad Van thread lives to see another day!
Old 10-09-2021, 05:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

It’s even better looking in person.

ridgeracer and kajex7 like this.
Old 04-24-2024, 10:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Default What hood is that one on your mad van ???

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE
Thats exactly what the issue was. I couldn’t find any specs on the ESC, Kyosho is terrible. I looked all over the Internet. I was hoping that it could handle an 8T like the Dynamite version, but no luck.

I tried to fit a 12T 550 Arrma motor in the van, but it is too long and the shaft is too long. I threw the 14T stock motor back in until I figure out what to do with the truck. I’m thinking a mild 3300kv brushless system would do the trick. In the meantime, I’m running the truck without the van body. Gotta keep that nice......for now.

hey im interested in getting a new hood for the mad van ve. Curious as to what hood that vw looking hood is??
Old Yesterday, 08:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Cool

Thanks for the heads-up! I’m definitely considering getting one, as I like monster trucks. I still remember bringing one to my university campus and getting a warning from the administration. However, the parts support issue is a bit concerning.