Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree30Likes

Twin Cities Rc Club Winter Carpet Season

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 01:06 PM
Tech Rookie

ill say every time we have tried going there its just a demo derby!! been reluctant to go back
Old 04-09-2018, 07:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by joezjr
Yeah, those thunder road people are a special bunch. They're destroying their strong offroad program right now.
Over a 100 entires on Saturday. Place is amazing. I'd say its one of the nicest purpose-built, permanent facilities in the US. Ownership has been nothing short of spectacular. They have listened, learned and gone above and beyond to please their paying customers.

I would never expect to run on-road there, though. First, the jumps they have installed are more permanent than most jumps sections made out of dirt. Also, the carpet is pretty much destroyed already. I'd never put a sedan on it, let alone a 1/12. That said, they have too good of a thing going with off-road. On-road would just ruin it for a myriad of reasons. They don't need the 20 entries they'd gain every couple weeks if they ran on-road. If they keep things on the trajectory they're on right now, they'll have 20 people on the driver's stand at any given time on a practice night before long.

Between MMR, TcORC and LSRCC -- and a public indecisiveness on motor choices and an overabundance of classes for the same chassis, on-road will be watered down enough already without adding another venue.
JeffC and 2kidsrogers like this.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Hi everyone. Dollar is coming along. I helped the guys with getting the subfloor down last weekend. The driver stand is next.

This should be a cool place to race. Pits are upstairs...looks like plenty of space. The whole track and driver stand can be viewed from above from the rail aside the pits. It'll be great to have the Hobby shop out front for parts support too.
Some pics are posted on facebook...check 'em out.