Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad. >

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm out
Old 07-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

I'm going drag racing this weekend. It's a Wally race. We're closed. Peace out.

Last edited by LeeLockhart; 07-12-2008 at 09:40 AM.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

It is just a dead weekend because of the nitro race.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default he

hey i am a out if towner don't pay me any attention
Old 07-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LeeLockhart
Or we can just close all together, for good? I'm going drag racing this weekend. It's a Wally race. We're closed. Peace out.
Then run the oval races throughout the summer and offroad in the winter. You only need to build an oval once. Minimal maintanance. Do what you need to do to survive. But....Don't show an attitude when you know that the KANSAS RC PRO SERIES is here this weekend and you know that thats where all the racers "will" be this weekend. Including myself. This is the single biggest R/C event Topeka has ever had. This is what happens in the summer time when everyone wants to play outside and no one wants to be inside. Make the oval guys happy and run an oval for the rest of the season. But...oval will not be the bread and butter come winter time.

Now stop Lee.....I know what your thinking when I said "Showing an attitude". But isn't the above quote, "Or we can just close all together, for good?" not an attitude?

I think its time for Jake to actually get on here, for once, and say what he wants, needs, expects, etc... or plans on doing with the facility. Too many problems are occuring without Jake around much. And, since theres no racing going on there the past several weekends, none of us have even seen Jake at all. This is where Jake can confront everyone at once. We all can agree?
Old 07-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

It doesn't bother me if we don't have a turn out. We expect that. I am getting oval racers hitting me up so I am oblidging them. They want to help and they want to come race? I'm all for it. I don't need a turn out to pay my bills. I do it all for you guys. And I try my very best. I hear ya, "out-of-towner". I would hate for you to show up and have no one to race off-road against. Hang tight. We haven't had enough to make a small heat and hold a race for three weeks.

I know I have an abrasive personality on here. I think I'll stop posting, reading and paying attention to any of it. I'll check your messages if you leave them, otherwise, it's in the tracks best interest if I just shut up. That's what you want and it really sounds good to me. Consider me signed out. King Crybaby, out.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc10t4ft
Ok so who all is coming this Saturday even though the outdoor pro series is going on.
NOT I...gotta work till noon...and then i'll probably go out to the rcproseries race n watch a bit or race IF i can figure out my NovaRossi in the Mugen? OR if i can find a ride/car to race for the weekend? Trying to get ahold of Dustin but cant seem to find him. Thought about draggin but cars arent doin good right now. So count me out fellas, sorry.
cya later...
Old 07-10-2008, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Barney, Jakes isn't open this weekend anyhow.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the hard work today guys, track is complete and looks great. This is shapen up to be an awesome weekend!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 12:01 PM
Tech Regular

Default Jakes

Lee keep your head up, I talk to rc guys every day who are planning on racing this winter. Shane just bought a FTb4 for your track, I will be running once onroad ends.. Hang in there,
Peace, Rich
Old 07-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Tech Addict

Default Keep your chin up!

Lee,
I tell a lot of people about your track. Don't give up, man. Things go in cycles, ya just gotta learn to enjoy the good, and grit your teeth through the bad. The bad times always seem to last longer cause we're not doin' 20 things at once. Just saying " keep your chin up, man, it's always darkest before somebody turns the lights on! LOL!!!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 09:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dee&Mee
Lee keep your head up, I talk to rc guys every day who are planning on racing this winter. Shane just bought a FTb4 for your track, I will be running once onroad ends.. Hang in there,
Peace, Rich
The winter time is the right time... F-the Sun...

I plan on racing some indoor off road this winter for sure. I have a new raced one time at Jakes, XXX-TCR plus a Tamiya Durga 4wd Buggy and yes it kicks ass, I hope I purchased both of these vehicles for your track Lee. I'd really hate to sell them. The idea of not racing through the winter time is just not cool...
We're commin dude....

I would like to try some dirt oval, never done that before.

Is that mainly a 2wd thing??

Last edited by Big Midget; 07-11-2008 at 10:17 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

If it's going to rain everything else out today, I will open the track. I'm not sure if the drags are canceled yet but I bet they will be. If so, I'm going to go play at the track tonight and at least get my gear together for Sunday.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sweet! ill be there after bit Lee, need to run to D&M to get parts.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

I won't be there til later if at all. Heartland park is going to let us know if we are canceled at 1:30. I'll keep you posted. Looks like we will be racing offroad tonight if it does rain out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.