Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad. >

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 08:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jswo
I'm going to say first off I don't think anyone is cheating in stock class you can tech everyone and I think they'll all pass. The people that are fast in stock are just fast period that's it. Also like others have said I don't think even if people were cheating it would help them. Also I probably have the heaviest b5 rm in stock class cause I don't have any of the light weight stuff and I run a square pack, and I'm not buying any off that stuff cause like I said the guys that beat me are faster than me it's that simple. I let Alex drive my b5 after the races and I don't think he'd ever driven one and he was going faster than I have and I bought it in feb. Just my thoughts. Jacob
Tech everyone except 1 that won't pass...lol. I am not complaining about any of the faster guys just to clarify. Top to bottom to ensure clean racing the class needs to be legal IMHO.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Some of the racers are running multiple classes for extra track time. Not to avoid marshaling.

And I believe the drivers that are fast are fast because they have done this for a while and are good. Or they are practicing a lot. We are running a stock 17.5 motor in mod buggy and are not running too bad there.

I know in the month or so that Jeremy has been running off-road, he has gotten better because we practice at least 2 time a week. It's a blast for us and we have tried different setups and what not. Cheap entertainment for $5. Thanks to Jake for the track and to Alex and all that help keep it up and running.

I would still like to have the link to a clear set of rules though. Not that I care what anyone else is doing. Only to make sure we are legal.

Jeff m.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

I had a good time the other night. I ran pretty good for me. I know as a fairly new driver I am still learning how to pass and be passed without wrecking or taking someone else out. It is never intentional when I hit someone. I know in stock corr my truck landed right on top of Loren's truck. I apologized when that happened and I am pretty sure he wasn't mad at me either because he new it was not intentional. Might not be a bad idea to just have a brief meeting before the races and instruct everyone especially new guys, what the expected racers etiquette is. Many just plain don't know. That may solve a lot of the problems right there.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Lets just get it out in the open. If anyone even questions any car if its legal just ask Dustin to check their car.

And if anyone wants to check my car feel free at any time.

I probably wont be their this weekend due to work.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:55 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rockhumper
Lets just get it out in the open. If anyone even questions any car if its legal just ask Dustin to check their car.

And if anyone wants to check my car feel free at any time.

I probably wont be their this weekend due to work.
Yes this is the best way to do it... Also on a side note say something on race night about it... posting it on the internet gives the possible cheater a chance to change there setup before next week....
Old 11-24-2014, 04:58 PM
Tech Addict

Gearing and clutch setup is everything in spec classes, as far as torque and speed. Mine are pretty good I've been asked if mine had 17.5's in them. I let my son drive my vehicles they roll pretty good, but when I drive em they are a lot slower, maybe it's the 75 lbs. weight difference between me and him. LOL

Dave K.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

But everyone it tougher on the internet .
Then in person

Like Dustin said this gives me time to make my car legal.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rockhumper
But everyone it tougher on the internet .
Then in person

Like Dustin said this gives me time to make my car legal.
I knew it!
Old 11-24-2014, 06:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

This is Sean for anyone who doesn't already know. I can only assume I am the person being referenced in the multiple class posting earlier. I won't ever pretend that I like to marshall, but I do so when it is my turn and I am on the track on time when it is my turn to race. I run multiple classes because I get bored and want to get as much track time as I can in the time we have each week. I did take a break for a while, but have been racing these little buggers for a very long time at a lot of different venues. I have never heard of a class limit as long as you were ready to run and paid your fees.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Sorry to break in here. But we are looking for a little info and hoping to get help locally.

We keep having diff issues with our losi. We think we are ok with the buggy. But with a heavier and more powerful a truck we are again having issues.

In order not to get the ball diff not to bark or chirp. We tightened the bolt. What happened after about 30 laps is the same thing that was happening with our buggy.
The diff crush washers break and then the bolt loosens up.

Any thoughts?

Thx Jeff
Old 11-24-2014, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Jeff, for what it is worth, I am running the losi ball diffs in several different vehicles and haven't had any issues with them. If you would like to tear into yours down at the track sometime, I would be more than happy to see what we are doing different and perhaps help you get it working properly.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:41 PM
Tech Addict

I don't know Sean, you are out there every time accept when I have offered to marshal for you as I have for others from time to time....Even saw you miss classes when you have broke through out the evening. I can vouch for that.

Dave K.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Jeff- be sure that diff is installed in the correct direction of rotation, the diff screw should be on the opposite side of the motor plate, I've done it before and had a diff back off, also Losi (22 style) diffs like to be run pretty tight as in only backed off maybe an 1/8 turn

Every one has their own likes but personally I'm liking gear diffs more and more, they aren't as quick and easy to adjust but they are for the most part ( in my opinion) more consistent. I run 5k in my buggy and 7k in my truck.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

If any of my comments have offended anyone I'm NOT SORRY ( JK )
I'm just having fun
Old 11-24-2014, 08:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Hooter.. Sweet Bieber Racing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.