Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad. >

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 03:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

turn marshaling is crazy and yes agree w you carl as well as also seems some dont do at all rather they have 1 or 5 races been guilty a time or two my self we all have cars to prep and race the other thing is been a few marshals not trying to see if they can get the rc back on track as well just pulling it then you got people mad there are lots of vet racers and several greenhorns as i and many up and coming racers us greenhorns are greatful for the help but some times still need guidance as you vets did at one time as well we all learn every day and ive noticed some are a lil stuck to ones in there group well i dream big to make them eat the dirt im slinging one day maybe maybe not no ones asking to tell there majic secrets jus a word of the wiser how we could get better tighter and faster..... ive learned alot in life w/o a dad to teach me or look up to so help the young ones keep this alive as many times i wanted to give up go back to yard bashing but enjoy racing w my new friends rather im in 1st place or the last im having fun .........and last but not least pushing do get done w races why not start earlier than so not so late when done ..........hope i didnt offend any one and if so ooohhhh well just saying..... great place alex and jake thanks for the place to race
Old 12-31-2013, 03:48 PM
Tech Adept

turn marshaling is crazy and yes agree w you carl as well as also seems some dont do at all rather they have 1 or 5 races been guilty a time or two my self we all have cars to prep and race the other thing is been a few marshals not trying to see if they can get the rc back on track as well just pulling it then you got people mad there are lots of vet racers and several greenhorns as i and many up and coming racers us greenhorns are greatful for the help but some times still need guidance as you vets did at one time as well we all learn every day and ive noticed some are a lil stuck to ones in there group well i dream big to make them eat the dirt im slinging one day maybe maybe not no ones asking to tell there majic secrets jus a word of the wiser how we could get better tighter and faster..... ive learned alot in life w/o a dad to teach me or look up to so help the young ones keep this alive as many times i wanted to give up go back to yard bashing but enjoy racing w my new friends rather im in 1st place or the last im having fun .........and last but not least pushing do get done w races why not start earlier than so not so late when done ..........hope i didnt offend any one and if so ooohhhh well just saying..... great place alex and jake thanks for the place to race
Old 12-31-2013, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Marshals just pulling a car instead of seeing if they can fix it is a double edged sword.....

It's not the marshals job to fix the cars... Their sole job is to replace a car after a wreck and to clear broken cars from the track. It is the driver or pit guys job to fix the car.

That being said I do understand that it can be frustrated when it's just a ball cup or something and the marshal doesn't attempt but in reality that is a marshal doing his job correctly, if that marshal is fixing a car instead of watching his corner I could miss a wrecked car that can change to out come of the race at no fault of the racers... It's the same as a marshal sprinting half way across the track to help his buddy and just walking for someone else.

The only problem with marshaling I see is marshals not paying enough attention and/ or being in too much of a hurry and walking out in front of a car, theses 3-4 lbs car will break bones
Old 12-31-2013, 04:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

I don't want to have to start the races earlier, I feel 5pm is a good start time and honestly as has been stated before if you can't make it back out to marshal or be ready for your races on time then maybe you should not race so many classes or do less socializing in the pits. I want everyone to have a fun time racing but anyone who thinks we may rush the program has no idea what it is like to race at other tracks that get 100+ entires for club races. I have been to these tracks and ran 3+ classes at times and I didn't have time to bs, I had to prep my cars and get back to racing because I knew they weren't going to wait. And this also was in the Nimh/brushed days when there was a lot more work to do between race. Again I want everyone to have fun and if that mean you have to drop a class then that may be the best idea.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Hooter is 100% spot on about the marshals fixing cars.... At the club level a marshal taking a few seconds to snap a ball cup back on isn't to big a deal, but as Daniel said the sole responsibility of the marshal is to correct wrecked cars still racing.. At a large event most organizers will state in the pre race meeting to place broken cars to the side and continue with your marshaling duties, let the driver or pit man repair if they feel the need...

As for vets giving new guys tips, we're all more than willing to help... But im not going to just walk up to you and start telling you that you're doing this and that wrong. If you want help come over and ask.. Tips right off the bat would be to make sure you have the correct tires, learn and know how to setup and adjust your electronics properly, run a slower motor until you're able to run a 5min race with very little to no mistakes consistently (forget about being the fastest, that will come later), then start looking at lap times and try to start improving by beating your own time and getting consistent lap times through out the run and you'll eventually find yourself in the top of the B, then creeping into the A and so on

Believe me I had nobody behind me when I started racing telling me the ins and outs. What you see today is 20+ years of practice, racing, hacking on the wrong people, making mistakes, tuning just to see what happens when I change something (still do this... A LOT), attending big events and watching the pros/fast guys. I've seen very few people pick up a radio and instantly be battling for the top spot in mod buggy, it takes time and alot of practice to able to run like Dustin, AP, or Barney...

Porter

Last edited by porter; 12-31-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Oops! Double post
Old 12-31-2013, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

ok understandable hooter dustin porter and again greenhorns that are reading these posts can now know whats up or a few more rules of the hobby thank you dustin maybe you could say these things upon wed & sat races to refresh minds for those that dont know marshall rules of knowalge thanks .... sorry by all means about help wasnt meaning for any one to come to newbies and offer help as i know one has to ask for it ....but any who didnt mean to spark a forest fire guys .....thanks for info on how to better marshalling skills ........sorry for the double post computer error or mine see the racers tommrrow....
Old 12-31-2013, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

No need to say sorry... We are using this forum for what it's intended for to discuss the ins and outs of racin at jakes.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

I think its good to get these things out that may be bothering you or others. Ive always quietly been irritated when drivers don't come right back to the track for marshalling as well.

One good rule to go by when you are marshaling is to "marshal others as you would expect others to marshal you".... a.k.a pay attention
Old 12-31-2013, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

What the hell! Thats the second time
Old 12-31-2013, 06:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Don't hit the sauce too hard tonight guys.. see everyone tomorrow

Hooter - Don't be makin no Babies
Old 12-31-2013, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

LOL
Old 12-31-2013, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

LMAO..... Too late! Btw all my stuff is for sale gotta start saving up money!
Old 01-01-2014, 12:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DHooter
LMAO..... Too late! Btw all my stuff is for sale gotta start saving up money!
what ya got for sale hoooter ?
Old 01-01-2014, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

RACE DAY!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.