Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad. >

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 05:41 AM
Tech Master

Also the owner Jake wanted to have a race that day. He wasn't aware of any track racing on the 1st either. I know this because he never gets on rctech.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AleXXX-CR
Letko? I NOW know about there race whoops!! We just figured instead of our weds weeknight racing we would do it on the Tuesday since everyone is off work! We are NOT trying to compete with any other track! We are the ONLY track in Topeka. We have a fresh track that took me a shiiit ton of time to build. Volunteer time and I even took off time from work to build. So I will volunteer my FREE day to organize a race on the 1st. I am sure we don't hurt any other tracks business nor would we want to. Hell I would go but, Its too late in the day for me. So Jakes R/C Pro Am will be open for racers at 10am.
Dude you are missing the point. It is not about hiw mouch work you have put in, or how much you spent I think everyone knows you have put back breaking workinto that place. Point being is you are not paying attention to what is around you, yes jakes is the only track in topeka however letko is on the west side of kc so probably only 45 minutes track to track. In the grand scheme that is not far. So bill looks at the calendar and schedules a race with prizes...etc on a day nobody else is racing in hopes to bring some new people in have a successfull day. So now both tracks are racing which will only hurt both. Because when local guys here see the topeka guys here racing and supporting races that you know takes a ton of work and a ton of time to out on the next time jakes has a race instead of 100 local entries you get 200 local and out of town entries.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AleXXX-CR
Also the owner Jake wanted to have a race that day. He wasn't aware of any track racing on the 1st either. I know this because he never gets on rctech.
You should let jake know. He is a reasonable guy. It it big to see you guys at the jconcepts race. It meant a lot. If he still wants a race it is what it is. I just hope to be able to race with everyone when I can. And also look forward to racing at jakes when I am able to as well.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

It is interesting when the shoe is on the other foot how frustrated you are David. Wichita/Hutch area had two major events for this season. Both events KC put an event right behind them much after they had be posted and scheduled. You even asked Hutch to change the day of the Fall Classic one of the longest running races in the nation. Interesting to see your last two posts on this topic....
Old 12-28-2012, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

<popcorn>
Old 12-28-2012, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jeff Werner
It is interesting when the shoe is on the other foot how frustrated you are David. Wichita/Hutch area had two major events for this season. Both events KC put an event right behind them much after they had be posted and scheduled. You even asked Hutch to change the day of the Fall Classic one of the longest running races in the nation. Interesting to see your last two posts on this topic....
I'm not frustrated, I see a bigger picture. What you don't know is I did make Chuck aware of the first race this year, sometimes working with people like RC pro or JConcepts things are what they are, The fall classic is a one of the longest running races but not on the date it is currently, it used to be the first week of December did it not? Given the fall classic is a local race, how difficult would it be for Steve to look on here and pick a date that will benefit his race the best? I think that is what is frustrating, is you have track owners and operators that are on here but don't look nor care, you have some that aren't on here and just schedule races and don't see or care about the bigger picture that could make things more profitable and successfull, on the other hand they could be happy with the way things are. So when you have months where there is nothing and then a month with 3 races in a region to me it just doesn't make sense. When was the last time you were in KC? Probably the same reason I have not been to hutch, not because I don't want to, when is the next race down there, been a while I would love to make a race down there some time, I definantly miss hutch.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Aaron P
<popcorn>
I ask myself why post sometimes, def ears and popcorn....I havn't been able to race since the jconcepts race anyway, dumb job that makes a living . Plus my keyboard ninja status was going away.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The Fall Classic has always been in November, except for one or two years that they tried it in the first part of December.

Stupid jobs...getting in the way of playing with toy cars.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I agree with you on that owners need to work together. That is my thoughts as well. But it has to be equal to all events just not the ones in the KC area. Dates for the Fall Classic were posted in a thread with the events title 7-9-2012. The thread for the JConcepts event was posted 10-5-2012. The Fall classic was posted 4 months before the event. Do I think the events were planned before those thread dates...I do. Heck you even posted in the tread how you were excited to come to the event. Do you see where not working together is frustrating to the racers that do travel. I think you do.

I have not been to Fastlane in a couple years. I have traveled for the 20+ years that I have raced RC cars.

Originally Posted by David Alberico
I'm not frustrated, I see a bigger picture. What you don't know is I did make Chuck aware of the first race this year, sometimes working with people like RC pro or JConcepts things are what they are, The fall classic is a one of the longest running races but not on the date it is currently, it used to be the first week of December did it not? Given the fall classic is a local race, how difficult would it be for Steve to look on here and pick a date that will benefit his race the best? I think that is what is frustrating, is you have track owners and operators that are on here but don't look nor care, you have some that aren't on here and just schedule races and don't see or care about the bigger picture that could make things more profitable and successfull, on the other hand they could be happy with the way things are. So when you have months where there is nothing and then a month with 3 races in a region to me it just doesn't make sense. When was the last time you were in KC? Probably the same reason I have not been to hutch, not because I don't want to, when is the next race down there, been a while I would love to make a race down there some time, I definantly miss hutch.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

The fall classic in the old building was always in December, or at least when I moved here in 2000, I know I went to 3 or 4 the first week of December, I believe Elam told me it was moved to November because of snow chances, which is a valid point. Alex and Jake should be congratulated for having a race in December, dispite snow chances. I suggested in the hutch thread that it would be very hard to move the jconcepts race and understood how this was stepping on their toes as I see it and it isn't fair to the Hutch track, but if it is in them to move the race a week earlier it would be to their benefit...I guess things said online can easliy be taken out of context.

And ya dumb jobs that require to take that stupid CCNA exam. bah I had to study for that thing all week and take the test when I could have been racing at the santa shootout
Old 12-28-2012, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jeff Werner
I agree with you on that owners need to work together. That is my thoughts as well. But it has to be equal to all events just not the ones in the KC area. Dates for the Fall Classic were posted in a thread with the events title 7-9-2012. The thread for the JConcepts event was posted 10-5-2012. The Fall classic was posted 4 months before the event. Do I think the events were planned before those thread dates...I do. Heck you even posted in the tread how you were excited to come to the event. Do you see where not working together is frustrating to the racers that do travel. I think you do.

I have not been to Fastlane in a couple years. I have traveled for the 20+ years that I have raced RC cars.

Yes, I agree with you 100%. I was stoked about going to the fall classic, I want to go again. in this case I was set then the jconcepts race is schedued, so it's like crap, what do you do. my wife will have all my stuff in the driveway if I do both. It suckss, and sucks worse for you guys when someone moves in and sits right in front, I see it, it sucks for everyone.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Lots of wasted internets here!
Old 12-28-2012, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default HMMMMMM

I thought this was the Jakes Thread !!!! The way I see it is Racers will go were ever they want to race .Jakes is Closer to my house , so I wont be getting home at 3 am . I have an idea Just try and support whatever track u can .Seems like a bunch of Bitchin about NOTHING !!!!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:00 AM
Tech Adept

This is R/C TECH so them staying in the realm of r/c is good to go,more often than not folks get jabbering on about off the wall BS so i say hash it out! Not like people are on here talking about setups or anything else half way interesting anyway!!!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Sorry about the hijack. It is what it is, hope to see some of you support a race out of your realm when things allow, and also look forward to supporting Jakes as well. Look forward to seeing some of you guys in Omaha, always fun racing with everyone no matter where it is, for me, aweosme to be able to race again.

Go chiefs!, earn that draft pick!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.