Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad. >

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

( o )( o ) YEYEA!! Calling for 2 1/4 to 5 1/2" of snow tomorrow perfect for indoor offroad!! Whos in?
Old 10-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Cant make it this week, shootin for next week tho. should have the big bores and the avid rack installed and ready ta go.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AleXXX-CR
( • )( • ) YEYEA!! Calling for 2 1/4 to 5 1/2" of snow tomorrow perfect for indoor offroad!! Whos in?
Where did you get your forecast?
Old 10-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

( . Y . )
Old 10-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gifford450
( . Y . )
Now those look a little fake to me..
Old 10-27-2012, 10:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)
Default Race Results 10/27/12

Results
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ResultsNames.pdf (41.9 KB, 159 views)
Old 10-28-2012, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

For you guys wondering about tires, here is some information....if the track is wet and tacky, basically if you see some shiny spots then you want a soft tire in green for jceoncepts stuff, but a new or full pin is pretty hard to drive, i ran newer barcodes and when the track was wet they were inconsistent, wheelie, loopout and traction roll, so if you look at the smactrac forum on shaving/cutting tires or simply a wornout tire that is probably the right idea. A dryier track a full pin works just as good i think, i tried golds which is a clay tire, and blues...at the end of practice when a dry groove looked to start i thought blues where coming in, during the main a full pin on a wet track my best lap was a 12.5, on blues all the way around at the end of the night when the track was a little drier, my best was a 12.0. This dirt is very similar to the Enid, OK dirt.

Last edited by David Alberico; 10-28-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by David Alberico
I didnt realize how cool jake is until last night, so i want to thank jake for taking the time to listen to me, even if it seemed like griping. Ya know ive raced enough where i know we all have a bad day or just suck like i did, we all as racers will race on tracks and surfaces we dont care for, the fast guys figure it out and deal with it. But i think the thing that hit home is after the main, my son turned to me and said that he would rather go to fastlane and if i was going to come back here he would rather stay home. i hope nobody takes this the wrong way, i just hope the power that be take this with a grain of salt Personally i think the wider track has some great potenial, the dirt is great, just need to get dustin to quit watering so much, i think it is just as fast and more consistent a little dry.
So does this mean your not coming back or what? I mean geez,everyone has a bad night here or there. I have also raced for a long time and in a couple different states,"cali and florida"and i think jake has some of the best dirt and layed back racers to be around! Most all the other tracks around are way to clickish...lamo most def!!
Old 10-28-2012, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NelDog
So does this mean your not coming back or what? I mean geez,everyone has a bad night here or there. I have also raced for a long time and in a couple different states,"cali and florida"and i think jake has some of the best dirt and layed back racers to be around! Most all the other tracks around are way to clickish...lamo most def!!
I was afraid this might be read wrong, i spoke with jake and that is enough, i enjoy raci.g with everyone there, but it is important that my son has fun racing too, especially for me when there are fewer years of racing ahead than behind for me. I really think the track will groove up and be better dry, just a hunch i have. I will cross my fingers and hope dustins tries it.

Where in FL did you race? NExt Jakes layout should be the '98 winterchamps layout, best layout ever!

Last edited by David Alberico; 10-28-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by David Alberico
I was afraid this might be read wrong, i spoke with jake and that is enough, i enjoy raci.g with everyone there, but it is important that my son has fun racing too, especially for me when there are fewer years of racing ahead than behind for me. I really think the track will groove up and be better dry, just a hunch i have. I will cross my fingers and hope dustins tries it.

Where in FL did you race? NExt Jakes layout should be the '98 winterchamps layout, best layout ever!
Yea i hear ya,gonna be some trial and error at first but i think your on to something their for sure! The little racing i did in florida was in the jacksonville area in 1996.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I have had a blast racing so far on this new layout and dirt!! My buggy and anything else I drive seems way better on the new dirt....I'm finally getting the setup figured out on the 22. I have a Tamiya Dark Night old school 4 wheeler I'm parting together to try out and give you all a good laugh LOL!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NelDog
Yea i hear ya,gonna be some trial and error at first but i think your on to something their for sure! The little racing i did in florida was in the jacksonville area in 1996.
Enid stumbled on it, imagine no maintenence and the track gets better, so much traction you hear the tires like a real car, i think topeka now has this same dirt.

Jacksonville, donnie jackson, ben faulk? Track behind a hobbyshop with huge dirt oval and a offroad in the center?
Old 10-29-2012, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So do we get to run the track backwards for the next couple of weeks???
Old 10-29-2012, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by clintscreations
HPT cancelled the finals for this weekend.....moved it to next....so barney will have to race now
Yeppers I actually made it 3 weeks in a row. I even get an award for it.
Now we'll see if I can actually do 4 weeks in a row???
Had the ol' Team C hotrod going pretty decent finally ... with some parts and tech from the Mayor , yeah I know kinda scary AND lotsa help from Killer Kyle ... THANX. Barcodes front and rear and it was like a slotcar!
'till next week?

P.S. dang my fingers hurt from all this typing...

Last edited by Barney; 10-29-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barney
Yeppers I actually made it 3 weeks in a row. I even get an award for it.
Now we'll see if I can actually do 4 weeks in a row???
Had the ol' Team C hotrod going pretty decent finally ... with some parts and tech from the Mayor , yeah I know kinda scary AND lotsa help from Killer Kyle ... THANX. Barcodes front and rear and it was like a slotcar!
'till next week?

P.S. dang my fingers hurt from all this typing...
Glad too here your liking it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.