Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad. >

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 03:54 PM
Tech Adept

OK so i've cooled down a bit but geez..
Old 07-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

So what is the plan with the dirt? I actually thought it was pretty close last year as long as it had moisture in it
Old 07-19-2012, 04:10 PM
Tech Adept

I think adding or replacing some of the the dirt with top soil depending on how much more dirt can go in their without falling thru the floor. I know some liked the clay but just way to hard to work and it got way to bumpy from walking on it over just a couple weeks. But yea the dirt their isn't too bad just needs a little more black dirt to be less silty!
Old 07-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Need to find where St Louis indoor got their dirt.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I'm sure Jake is getting tired of footing the bill for truck loads of dirt that keep getting pulled out and replaced. I say leave it be, or like Nelson said maybe bring in a nice load of good black dirt and add it to our mixture.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dustin
Grab the popcorn...

seriously though we need to quit arguing, and get this thread back to racing/track talk...

Sooooo... how many weeks do you guys think TURBO will make it this winter?

HA HA, just kidding there Garry... you will race all season right?
Twice a month as last season to keep the wife happy...
Old 07-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Does anyone know or have heard about a new "Big Bore Shocks" RC10 killer-neeto FT Worlds Kit coming out? I'm buying an AE Buggy regardless. Just curious.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

im not sure how well it would work here as all we had in Florida is red silty clay... but we used a couple 50lbs bag of calcium cloride from any lowes, home depot, tractor supply. it made the dirt so hard we had a blue groove surface in doors with no dust issues.

but im with Porter, it really wasnt that bad as long as it gets watered the day before and then swept and sprinkled the day of... and honestly if need be ill do the sweeping.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theDover
Does anyone know or have heard about a new "Big Bore Shocks" RC10 killer-neeto FT Worlds Kit coming out? I'm buying an AE Buggy regardless. Just curious.

Hoping the BB's come out after the nationals in August, but I don't think they will release a kit with them in it for a long time... Also have heard that some of the team drivers prefer the standard shocks over the BB's... b4.1 worlds car out of the box is a good solid platform.. I have been away from it and now back again with my 3rd world's b4.1... one thing for sure the +8 chassis makes the car more stable
Old 07-19-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bus

17.5 non-boosted
13.5 super stock boosted or non-boosted
MODIFIED anything over a 13.5

This did three things . Gave all the beginners a chance to just run and have fun with 17.5 non-boosted. And second/third the more advanced guys could run 13.5 boosted in Super Stock " racing against guys their level of skill" and Third the guys whom wanted to run super stock and modified could run both classes and still be pretty competitive with the pro's.

And if some guy is sandbagging in the beginner class if he wins the class he must move up.
Wow. I should myself know by now to keep my mouth shut, but there is some truth here that I have to agree with reguardless of where the track is. And this would be from reading deeper into the above statement. One thing that I have honestly felt that over organization of these classes has hindered this super fun & competative hobby. Not so much due to the rules & regulations, but the abillity to "make" the experienced racer that is pissed off that he/she can't beat the faster racer within what ever "experienced" classes that now you all force the new racer into somesort of novice class & don't have the respect for the neweer racer or appently yourself to stay out of the lower "spec" classes of racing. If you think & brag that you are pro, then race "those classes". I can't even come close to beating Dustin & Porter 1 on 1 when they don't break down, but that doesn't mean that I feel the need to go F with the newer racer just so that I can feel good. Stay in your own damn class & deal with it. Either you enjoy racing or you just enjoy winning!!!!!!! Keep your asses in your own classes & be proud that you finished 3rd or 4th. Heck, i'm not embarrased of a B-main finish as long as I am racing you die hard old schoolers & not punking out the newer racers.

I'm sure that you all really love me now.

PS Dustin, Just water all of that dried out clay & most of all of those cracks will close up plus make the dirt way easier to work with once you guys decide what you are wanting to do. I have 4 different variraties of dirt that I'm pretty sure that we can haul to you guys at jakes for very low cost to free, but personally, I'm not real sure that you want to change the existing dirt that you have. Will be way more manageable, but probably back to way more dusty. LMK.

Sorry again guys. I'm sure that Jakes will be rockin again this year. Just ignore ass wipes like my self & stick with a solid plan. You'll be fine.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lowrance
Twice a month as last season to keep the wife happy...
She'd be happier if you went every week.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

100 degrees out and all this talk about winter indoor lol, it wont be cold enough for indoor til november at the rate we are going.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Hi Topekan racers..well as for the dirt...apparently some homeless people broke in and have been staying for some time in the back, taking large craps all over the track! so will see how this new fertilizer will work fo traction.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

My favorite class is stock buggy..always neck an neck racing! Last years trophy race was nutz, everyone in the Stock Bugy A main was in 1st at some point. Def coolest race Ive ever been in even with B. Bowers smackin his front tires on my motor in the last laps!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCmayor
She'd be happier if you went every week.
Yeah, your probably right on that !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.