Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad. >

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 11:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Ya know you guys shouldn't even be posting this crap on here. I know there's guys that race at Fastlane and thats fine. I've raced there too.

You gotta support your local track. Jakes has come a long way and it still going strong.
I'll be at jakes this winter every chance I get.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Bus
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Midget
Ya know you guys shouldn't even be posting this crap on here. I know there's guys that race at Fastlane and thats fine. I've raced there too.

You gotta support your local track. Jakes has come a long way and it still going strong.
I'll be at jakes this winter every chance I get.
Its hard to convey tone. However no crap was posted and meant no disrespect and no way was I trying to bash Jakes R/C. I myself enjoy racing at your track and hanging out with everyone that ive known for ever. Simply saying worst comes to worst you still have.....options. If you read the previous post Alex said he couldnt build tracks anymore as well as said they are trying to sell the dirt they have to buy new dirt. I was just getting in on the conversation.

Sorry if you took me wrong as bashing on anyone. I brag sometmes but never bash. Well unless you name is Stiffler then sometimes....
Old 07-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bus
Its hard to convey tone. However no crap was posted and meant no disrespect and no way was I trying to bash Jakes R/C. I myself enjoy racing at your track and hanging out with everyone that ive known for ever. Simply saying worst comes to worst you still have.....options. If you read the previous post Alex said he couldnt build tracks anymore as well as said they are trying to sell the dirt they have to buy new dirt. I was just getting in on the conversation.

Sorry if you took me wrong as bashing on anyone. I brag sometmes but never bash. Well unless you name is Stiffler then sometimes....
Well put bubbles!! Can't deny there are some things up in the air right now at o'l jakes. Hopefully it will all come together..
Old 07-12-2012, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Bubbles, LOL
Old 07-12-2012, 03:34 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Bus

Sounds like I owe you and ryno an apology bus. I caught Alex's post but I didnt know/realize anything about anything being questionable....my bad.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bus
Well unless you name is Stiffler then sometimes....
Giggity!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm confident that someone will step up and take control of operations for Jakes R/Cs Track. The position is not that easy. It's a LOT of labor and time consumption. But some one will.

Bus, no offense, ya' know I luv ya'!

I personally would like to say... currently talking about "going out-of-town and racing Off-road".. is a very sore subject in Topeka.
And, maybe talking about it on this particular thread may not help much of the matters either.
The recent track closure.. It's a low blow to some, a very big disappointment to others, and just a few laughs for a rotten few.

Example: ryno767 - "Thats my plan." .. I expected no less from you.
You are a prime example of the reasons why I quit racing Off-road 2 years ago. I can care less what you have to say. I expect some smart-ass, "I'm better than you".. "look at me" comment too. Keep them to yourself.

Last edited by theDover; 07-12-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Awww, come on dover, come back and do some offroad this winter, always a bunch of laughs...always fun racing with the topeka crew.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by David Alberico
Awww, come on dover, come back
I am. See you in a few months.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Well count me in for some 1/10 at Jakes this winter. I agree with Dover that it is very sad to see local tracks close. I love traveling too but just can't afford to do it time and money wise so primarily I will be supporting the local track because I remember how it sucks not having one. One thing I think the intown racing is really nice for the kids and I hope to see allot of youngsters back down at Jake's this season. Won't be too many years and my daughter will be ready to trade some paint so I hope we have a track for her to play at. Again I am not dogging anyone for going to KC just saying I am going to try and support our local track when I can.

Last edited by Racer 007; 07-12-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I'll be there. I got my work schedule changed so I can race at Jakes, no matter what schedule they choose. My car will be here tomorrow!!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

sparkwraps you gotta pm coming.....
Old 07-12-2012, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bus
Not cool man...
Old 07-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We had such nice clay once upon a time. Now we have a bobcat and no clay. Sad. Add clay, call it good. I'll help.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

count me in for Jakes this year, ill have all my ducks in a row and will actually be able to race on a weekly basis...

Bondo said it all, for me jakes is already an hour drive, but its the closed track and to be perfectly honest 1/10 wise its where i enjoy racing the most. ive made the trip to fastlane a few times and between spending almost 7 hours of the day just on the road to get to and from the race and not getting done until 2 am which means i get home at 5am... i not only cant make the trip every weekend but also dont want to. fastlane is a nice facility dont get me wrong but its not nice enough to devote almost my entire weekend for a club race every week.

Ben also said it... topeka has lost the 1/8 track we had due to not enough entrees because lets face it theres not a whole lot of 1/8 racer in NE kansas and to have a track an hour a way running at the same time really screwed Dave. so for some of us, yeah its a sore subject... my racing time was already limited and now that we dont have a track, im done racing til winter...

BTW i have a complete serpent 811 ARTR for sale $500, its just collecting dust now.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Cool jakes

Originally Posted by DHooter
count me in for Jakes this year, ill have all my ducks in a row and will actually be able to race on a weekly basis...

Bondo said it all, for me jakes is already an hour drive, but its the closed track and to be perfectly honest 1/10 wise its where i enjoy racing the most. ive made the trip to fastlane a few times and between spending almost 7 hours of the day just on the road to get to and from the race and not getting done until 2 am which means i get home at 5am... i not only cant make the trip every weekend but also dont want to. fastlane is a nice facility dont get me wrong but its not nice enough to devote almost my entire weekend for a club race every week.

Ben also said it... topeka has lost the 1/8 track we had due to not enough entrees because lets face it theres not a whole lot of 1/8 racer in NE kansas and to have a track an hour a way running at the same time really screwed Dave. so for some of us, yeah its a sore subject... my racing time was already limited and now that we dont have a track, im done racing til winter...

BTW i have a complete serpent 811 ARTR for sale $500, its just collecting dust now.
i cant wait to race at jakes. love hanging out and racing with hooter billy dustin, and mr bond lol. i like fastlane also but sometimes its just to much the drive that is. well i think thats all i have to say come on winter. jeff aka fireball.:flam ing: those are for my friend bond j bond. lmfnao. later guys and gals

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.