Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad. >

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I like 2 on sunday. Although it doesnt allow alot of time to unwind after the race before its back to work on monday, I think its going to be better and safer for us guys that drive a good distance to get home, by getting home before the roads get too covered in ice and snow....... Either way I cant wait!
Old 07-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default oval

whatever happend to running dirt oval this summer?
Old 07-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff26
Jake, Just set a time when you want the races to be and be done with it. People will complain one way or the other. You are the shop owner, What ever you decide is good enought for me and should me for everyone else..
I agree, Jake you own the track do what you want. Like Jeff says you cant make everyone happy, but at least you get to run with us. As for me rather it be sat. or sun. 10, 2, 3, whatever Im for an earlier start. Im hoping to make it to a few more races this year hope to see you all there.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AleXXX-CR
What do you guys think about running on sunday mornings start 1st heat at NOON? It would allow you to have free FRI and SAT nights, also allow people to drive home in daylight, the kids would be able to stay and finish there mains.
Originally Posted by jeff26
Jake, Just set a time when you want the races to be and be done with it. People will complain one way or the other. You are the shop owner, What ever you decide is good enought for me and should me for everyone else..
Alex is asking the racing population their opinion to help him and jake plan this winters racing they are trying to do whats best for the racers to keep everyone actually wanting to race there, not tell them "this is how it is like it or not"
Old 07-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default monster53

kids got scool no sundays
Old 07-11-2011, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

as Da Hooter said we are asking for your opinions and votes...so far its leaning towards 8 am sunday from all the PMS? haha
Old 07-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

as Da Hooter said we are asking for your opinions and votes...so far its leaning towards 8 am sunday from all the PMS? haha
Was that PM's or PMS?
Old 07-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

all i know is my 22 is ready to rock!!! As soon as my tekins are fixed and I get new lipos!! Sad day when I realized my lipos have been in my garage all summer! ruined every lipo I had!!! and both my tekin motor sensors are bad!!
Old 07-11-2011, 11:50 PM
Tech Adept

Prefer Saturdays, start an hour or two earlier would help get done earlier, also start on time and two minute clock between heats would help as there are usually enough heats that there is no reason to not be ready. May also depend on who is running the races this coming season?
Old 07-12-2011, 04:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Questions??

all i know is my 22 is ready to rock!!! As soon as my tekins are fixed and I get new lipos!! Sad day when I realized my lipos have been in my garage all summer! ruined every lipo I had!!! and both my tekin motor sensors are bad!!
What's the problem with that?

My RC stuff stays in the garage all year long. Just don't put the batts on the cement as it drains them and if you store them...just make sure to do so at storage voltage (3.85v per cell). I also store my batts in a Lipo Sack when I'm not using them.

I'm not arguing, just trying to understand. I thought I understood about the batts and caring for my stuff. I've had no motor problems like you are having. Is your garage damp by any chance? Airconditioned or not?

Hey I've only been doing this for a little over a year. So I'm sure I've still got stuff to learn. This is the first time I've heard from ANYONE that you shouldn't keep your batts in the garage. That would seem the ONLY logical place to keep them since, if they were to leak (smoke/flame-up), it'd be in the best possible place to avoid a FIRE or possibility of inhaling the smoke.

TEACH me...I know you HAVE to know more about this than I do. (that's NOT sarcasm in case it doesn't 'read' like I intended it to)
Old 07-12-2011, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

My garage gets to 115 degrees no ac..when i left them last season they were all between 8.2 to 8.4v. the 1st battery I plugged in said 5.37 then swelled up like a bag of popcorn! Then I plugged the 2nd battery in swelled too..then the 3rd im not even trying!! They are all 3 plus years old anyways
Old 07-12-2011, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

Batteries on concrete floors do not discharge. That was true maybe wayyyyy back in the day when batteries had rubber casings that would allow the electrolyte seep through. But you'd have to have a complete circuit for the battery to discharge. And plastic battery casings are not conductive.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Initiate

I agree with monster 53
Old 07-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Anybody want to go to jakes Saturday??????
Old 07-14-2011, 03:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I will know what days I have off for the winter next week. If it works out, I will stock you guys for parts and stuff, or have Dustin do it on my place that way you guys are covered

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.