Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad. >

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Wow- this is like a throw back to the good old Topeka thread days. Been awhile since it has been this exciting.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Sorry to get off subject but I need to know what a good motor choice is that will work in the stock class since I beleive that the brushed motor that came with my SC10 is not legal?

I assume I will need to get that changed before the two day race to compete in the Novice division?
Old 01-31-2011, 05:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

1badbaldguy: 17.5 is the system used in stock corr.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:43 AM
Tech Master

Novak 17.5 combo systems are pretty good..and the Tekin 17.5 combos but have more advanced options...But the Novaks are pretty simple and have smooth power
Old 01-31-2011, 06:13 AM
Tech Rookie

So I am assuming I am going to have to upgrade to a brushless system?

This hobby has already cost me a new bed, entertainment center, carpet and new paint in the house to keep the misses happy! I can only imaging what this is going to cost!
Old 01-31-2011, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

a cheaper alternative is buying a 27t brushed motor like a trinity monster horsepower for around $35, i ran one for a few races while i was saving up for a brushless system, as long as you gear it right and run a nice smooth line with very few mistakes youll be competitive
Old 01-31-2011, 06:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1BadBaldGuy
So I am assuming I am going to have to upgrade to a brushless system?

This hobby has already cost me a new bed, entertainment center, carpet and new paint in the house to keep the misses happy! I can only imaging what this is going to cost!
I know what ya mean.lol If I recall correctly the novice class is more or less open to anything. I'm not 100% sure what motor comes in the sc10 but I wouldn't think it woud be a problem in novice.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I hope no new racers wanting to race at Jakes read this thead, it might scare them away! We all just need to get along and have fun!
Old 01-31-2011, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

You know....Picking on Stiffy is almost considered a Legal Hate Crime these days....

"He's like herpes that flare up once a year!".....

Pro?!? Sponsered?!? Mugen?!? NOVICE?!?!? ....Huh?

None of us have had anything negative to say about Real R/C or Fastlanes Track. Nor will we ever. Please don't come over to this thread and shamelessly promote your weekly LAST place comments on here. Thanks.

(please don't PM me again with something dumb Brian)....
Old 01-31-2011, 08:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hell racing at Jake's is allot of fun! Also i don't get what the big deal is about the dirt being used? seems fine to me, then again i suck to bad for it to affect me anyway. so take that fast guys.lol when u suck at racing tires and dirt don't matter.lol Personally on my crappy tires i find it fun to be able to powerslide thru some of the corners.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I personally think the dirt is fine. The level of grip is the same for everyone and in my heat races and main (last or close to it), the traction stayed pretty consistent all night. Its suppose to be loose, its off-road after all
Old 01-31-2011, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Dremmel

Hey gang i left my Cordless Dremmel at Jakes saturday night !!!!! i can i dentify it so if anyone found it please pm me or give it to Jake or A P thanks you guys are awsome people i Really enjoy racing with you Lorne Slan
Old 01-31-2011, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Yea we have that dremmel at the track for ya.

DUE TO BAD WEATHER..OUR DIRT OVERHAUL IS DELAYED!!!

Every trucking company in the 20 mile radius declined to help us out...me being in the field of contruction and equipment frustrates me! They are just being lazy right now! I had it all planned out to get this done, rent equipment, took 2 days off work to work on the track and now this..and they are even calling for 10 to 12inches of snow this week!!. Sorry to let everyone know we will not be workin on the track this week...We have it planned for next monday and tuesday if weather permits. So no racing this Tuesday...but Saturday races are still on..last time with this layout hopefully. Sorry guys nature just had the need to take a leak on us again!!
Old 01-31-2011, 03:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by AleXXX-CR
Yea we have that dremmel at the track for ya.

DUE TO BAD WEATHER..OUR DIRT OVERHAUL IS DELAYED!!!

Every trucking company in the 20 mile radius declined to help us out...me being in the field of contruction and equipment frustrates me! They are just being lazy right now! I had it all planned out to get this done, rent equipment, took 2 days off work to work on the track and now this..and they are even calling for 10 to 12inches of snow this week!!. Sorry to let everyone know we will not be workin on the track this week...We have it planned for next monday and tuesday if weather permits. So no racing this Tuesday...but Saturday races are still on..last time with this layout hopefully. Sorry guys nature just had the need to take a leak on us again!!
I know a guy that has a dum truck ill make a call, where yall gettin the dirt from?
Old 01-31-2011, 05:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

ice ice baby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.