Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad. >

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 08:40 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

I think consistent light watering would pay off,,,,,,
Old 01-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ziggy007
Oh ya, got the FT B4.1 built tonight.....

-zig
ooooOOOOoo!!!
Old 01-16-2011, 08:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by rc10t4ft
ooooOOOOoo!!!
when you gettin a 4.1 Lurch
Old 01-16-2011, 11:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

While I thought the track was super throughout the night with my non-boosted 17.5 SCT, I did see more than one buggy driver come off the stand in disgust last saturday night. Seems that traction was ar a premium in that class.....makes me wonder how about how the class would be with speedos in blinkly mode

Just a thought....
Old 01-17-2011, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

So im still confuzzzed Tekin RS systems...We have Timing..Boost...Turbo...so we can run whatever timing we want but no boost..and no turbo?
Old 01-17-2011, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AleXXX-CR
So im still confuzzzed Tekin RS systems...We have Timing..Boost...Turbo...so we can run whatever timing we want but no boost..and no turbo?
Yes Turbo IS Garry Lowrance...actually Turbo Puttz. jk lmao

Yeper Barney started out the night a wee bit rough but got acustom to the tricky track traction by adjusting throttle finger bunches whew. And i wanted to thans D-Cup and Ziggy for helping me fix my 4wd so I could still race that night. THANX
I did like the change-up of rolling starts & reshuffle & bumpups.
I think the track just needs a nice heavy MIST not flooded(which makes potholes bigger) every night, or as often as possible, to try and get all dirt saturated all the way thru. Then spritzing staggered heats during raceday. Like just before heats start, then like race 7, then 2nd round like race 5, then 3rd round like race 3. Then during smal break before mains.
Just food for thought and my idea/input???

But THANX to Jake and ALL those who help him make the place better!!!
Old 01-17-2011, 06:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey all, my name is Joe and I have been racing for the past month or so at Jakes in the buggy class (b4). I wanted to say that I liked the rolling starts and also that I was unable to get my 4wd buggy out on Saturday but just got it up and running and will have it out Tuesday (tomorrow) night. So if anybody wants to run this class then bring your 4wd.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AleXXX-CR
Current ROAR rules are wide open for speed controls and you can run anything combo you want in regards to boost and turbo setting on your Tekin.
I believe boost on the tekin's refers to adjusting the static timing via software which would be the same as manually adjusting the timing via motor end bell. Changing static timing on a brushless motor really doesn't increase power as much as it just moves the power around. More timing would be more top speed and less bottom...likewise, less timing would be more bottom and less on top. In the end, you still need to gear correctly and overall you would end up with about the same speed.

Turbo adjustments in Tekin talk is what is refered to as "dynamic timing". Dynamic timing is timing adjustments made by the ESC throughout the RPM range. Here you have the best of both worlds....low timing at low RPM's for good bottom end power and as the RPM's increase, so does your timing which gives superior top end power over a fixed timing ESC. This is what makes a 17.5 run like mod down the straight.

Proposed ROAR rules changes for 2012 will outlaw all dynamic timing in stock classes. Most all current ESC's can be set in what s called "blinky" mode. Basically your Tekin has a spec setting you can set. When set your ESC will have a blinking light at rest so the race director knowns from a glance that your running without dynamic timing.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Nice explanation Gary
Old 01-18-2011, 11:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

that made me dizzy Turbo.
but good job mate.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Dizzy turbo?

Is that like supercharged dynamic turbo? Is the track big enough for that?
Old 01-18-2011, 12:27 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Turbo is not used in off road,it is for long straights it kicks in after the timing boost range, only causes more heat and no gains for offroad. timing boost does what Gary described as turbo boost, I run 12 on can and 35 timing boost in speedo at jakes which kicks in at 5k Rpms which allows good bottom end torque and fast top end. There is a timing adjustment in tekin software which only works when u are running sensorless since dynamic timing doenst work without the sensor.
in spec mode the speedo doesn't allow you to adjust any timing in speedo you only have the endbell to adjust timing 0-24 on tekin motors, new gen2 tekins will have timing built into the motor plus endbell adjustment to get more timing for spec racing. I'm all for spec racing in buggy once I get my new motors , lol
Old 01-18-2011, 12:35 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

So in spec mode for17.5 core class won't cranking up motor timing cause heating issues?
Old 01-18-2011, 12:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

If you crank up the endbell you might have to drop a tooth or 2 on pinion just have to check temps, going to be diff for everyones driving
Old 01-18-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dustin
Turbo is not used in off road,it is for long straights it kicks in after the timing boost range, only causes more heat and no gains for offroad. timing boost does what Gary described as turbo boost, I run 12 on can and 35 timing boost in speedo at jakes which kicks in at 5k Rpms which allows good bottom end torque and fast top end. There is a timing adjustment in tekin software which only works when u are running sensorless since dynamic timing doenst work without the sensor.
in spec mode the speedo doesn't allow you to adjust any timing in speedo you only have the endbell to adjust timing 0-24 on tekin motors, new gen2 tekins will have timing built into the motor plus endbell adjustment to get more timing for spec racing. I'm all for spec racing in buggy once I get my new motors , lol
So "turbo timing" in a tekin comes in after dynamic timing has occured....? I did not know this since I don't run Tekin stuff. Its like cheating twice then....right?

Again, adjusting static timing at the end bell or thru software only moves your power band around. More timing means more RPM and you'll have to gear down or it will run hot. Regardless of static timing.... after gearing correctly, the end result is about the same more or less. Run low timing for good bottom power but you'll have to gear up on the pinion to get your speed back.....visa versa for high timing.

Guys, none of this really applys to the current rules set forth by our race director. If you have boost, turbo or whatever....run it! I myself will run in non-boosted mode as I firmly agree with the proposed new ruling set forth by ROAR for 2012.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.