Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad. >

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 05:31 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Aaron i just sprayed my car, lite it and pulled the trigger, and the Damn think burnt up. what the hell?
Old 04-30-2008, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by touringdriver
Aaron i just sprayed my car, lite it and pulled the trigger, and the Damn think burnt up. what the hell?
I bet it looked cool as hell though.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Na dont go taking a dremmel to your new pink tapers! At some point or another those taper's will love their rubber and you'll have slicks.

I found that M3 Square Fuzzy's worked really well for Topeka!

Bus
Old 04-30-2008, 10:53 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

LEE I'M RACING AGAIN SAT. NIGHT. GOTTA WORK BUT I'M IN BRO. PLEASE PUT ME IN THIS TIME. AND I'LL HAVE THOSE TIRES FOR YOU TOO.

Last edited by touringdriver; 04-30-2008 at 10:57 AM. Reason: DID NOT POST RIGHT
Old 04-30-2008, 10:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by touringdriver
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]LEE I'M RACING AGAIN SAT. NIGHT. GOTTA WORK BUT I'M IN BRO. PLEASE PUT ME IN THIS TIME. AND I'LL HAVE THOSE TIRES FOR YOU TOO.
STUPID RC TECH. ALL THIS SHOULD OF BEEN big
Old 04-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bubs
Na dont go taking a dremmel to your new pink tapers! At some point or another those taper's will love their rubber and you'll have slicks.

I found that M3 Square Fuzzy's worked really well for Topeka!

Bus
Bus..the track is alot different now since your last visit. They flipped the dirt and brought all the clay up to the surface. The guys running slicks were pulling wheelies in mod buggy but I tried ever stupid tire I had and nothing would hook on that clay.....holeshots, inside jobs, double D's and Switch 2.0's. I don't know anything about running clay myself but the stuff is weird. Seems the more rubber you can get down, the better.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lowrance
Bus..the track is alot different now since your last visit. They flipped the dirt and brought all the clay up to the surface. The guys running slicks were pulling wheelies in mod buggy but I tried ever stupid tire I had and nothing would hook on that clay.....holeshots, inside jobs, double D's and Switch 2.0's. I don't know anything about running clay myself but the stuff is weird. Seems the more rubber you can get down, the better.
Yep. Nothing works like Losi's pink compound on clay. Proline slicks or square fuzzie half-ies are ok...but if you want to really put the power down, it's pinks or bust! I would say that Panther clay compound slicks or Switch 2.0 half-ies are a good second.

Don't clean your tires after you run either. Clean the wheels, but not the tires. For better results, take an old wash cloth and cut it into strips, wet them down just so they are damp, and drape over the dirty tires between rounds.

Now that the track has been flipped and clay is all on top, that's all you need to know to get the right tire.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

Good to see you guys have a track again. Might have to come out some time.

Kyle S, Weekly racing out here electric no gas racing this year working a lot of weekends and been doing some big events.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

K. Saturday 7pm. Gates open at 11am. Porter, you're announcing if you want to. No alcohol in site. Lets have fun and get it done on time. Thanks for the constructive criticism! Lets keep it goin'.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

i'm in lee. should be there abit before races start to practice with the b4.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CodyJandrakovic
Good to see you guys have a track again. Might have to come out some time.

Kyle S, Weekly racing out here electric no gas racing this year working a lot of weekends and been doing some big events.
I know it's a long drive, but if you can you should swing in one weekend. Nice clay surface to run on now. And it'll just get better. If I ever get things working again, I'll probably check out some of the tracks down your way.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:12 AM
Tech Regular

Geez im not sure im going to be able to pass this up! I just may have to go racing on Sat night with the big dogs in Topeka! All this race stuff is killin me just sitting here typing about it!

Screw it ill come ill have my son with me but he can bang around the Mini T for a bit!

See ya on Sat!

Sign me up Mod truck! XXT-CR with losi pink tapers! Or my almost bald squar fuzzies....ha
Old 05-01-2008, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

EHEHEHEHEH...Bubbly...
Its BIG Bus and his little Bus
Old 05-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Practice tonight. (Thursday) I'm not gonna be here that late so get here early.Track is nice and tacky.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Got my Losi pinks today...man, do they fit like poo. I got the inside bead trimmed down but its like the ID is to big.....fits loose on the wheel. Are losi wheels bigger in diameter compared to AE/proline/rulux wheels. Interesting...the front tapers require no trimming of the bead but still seem a little loose fitting. Oh well...I got plenty of glue and electrical tape.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.