Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad. >

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I believe that the Indy/F1 is an old Tamiya.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Aaron, you can practice anytime you want. Just let me know. I plan on watering tonight so it may be weds or later til it's ready. Just to let everyone know, we are not even open yet. When we open, things will be just fine. If you want to wait til we officially open to race, that's fine. Until then, I would just bite my tongue.

Last edited by LeeLockhart; 04-28-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Lee- have you heard anything about when you might have some parts in as of yet? I know you said something about ordering this week, or at least I thought I heard that.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Waiting on the finance dept(Jacob) to give the go ahead. I'm currently compiling a list of part numbers for the order. It will be soon hopefully. Then we will have a official opening and all rules can be written and followed.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Will you be requiring your customers to know the part number for the items they need?
Old 04-28-2008, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Old 04-28-2008, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KSimmonds
Will you be requiring your customers to know the part number for the items they need?
That's funny don't care who u are
Old 04-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LeeLockhart
Aaron, you can practice anytime you want. Just let me know. I plan on watering tonight so it may be weds or later til it's ready. Just to let everyone know, we are not even open yet. When we open, things will be just fine. If you want to wait til we officially open to race, that's fine. Until then, I would just bite my tongue.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KSimmonds
Now what kind of Hobby Shop would do that?!?

....Oops. Wait....nevermind.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LeeLockhart
Why do I always gotta be the one to stir the pot? TECHNICALLY, it's "official" as soon as you take a person's money. Just thought I'd throw that out there...
Old 04-28-2008, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by touringdriver
...hope every body hangs in and gives these guys a few more chances. i know it's a new thing for them too. but it's still a hobbystore (soon) offroad race facility that is family oriented.
+1
Old 04-28-2008, 02:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Lipo batteries

Well I used to race 2wd electric off road in the Topeka area until Mikes RC closed and I haven't picked up a radio since. I heard about Jake's pro-am and I decided to go over and check it out. Needless to say I got bit by an RC bug and I began to dig my stuff out. The only problem is that my batteries are shot. So now I'm trying to figure out this new lipo deal. I bought a mamba brushless system for my B4. I'm just trying to figure out what batteries would be best for indoor racing at Jakes pro-am. Do I need a 2 or 3 cell pack? I want to be fast but not overkill. If I get all this worked out, I can be racing in about a month. I really want to get over there and race. Can somebody help me get squared away on the battery deal? Who's running what?
Old 04-28-2008, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

You definitely wanna 2S lipo
Old 04-28-2008, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Regarding Lipo : You will want a two cell Lipo. Brand really doesn't matter a whole lot. The higher the capacity, the more you will pay. I just bought a Reedy 5000mah and for $90, it's the cheapest batt per mah, and Reedy quality. Losi lipos are a close second...5000mah for $99. TrakPower 4900 would be a good choice. The Orion/Peak batteries have probably the best cells (KoKam) and they say you do not need to balance them, but they are $$$...$140 for 4800mah. The balancer is a device that is either built into your LIPO charger or an external device available for around $25 that balances the charge in each cell AS the pack charges. I will eventually get a balancer and balance every couple of months. You will need a lipo compatible charger and I HIGHLY recommend the MRC Super Brain 989. It will charge any kind of battery you can throw at it. An alternative, is that Losi make a Lipo converter for $35 that works on most Ni-Mh compat. chargers. You will want to make sure that you have the cut off on the speedo set. I like 6.2v but many people will run them doen to 6.0. Over discharging a lipo causes serious, irreversable damage and could cause the pack to catch fire.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Yep 2S lipo is all you need thats 7.4v

Any orion is good quality, reedy's new lipo looked pretty cool, Max Amps are good they just don't have the protective case, you have to order one seperate or order strait from them and have one special built. You'll need a lipo charger as well, the MRC Super Brain seems to be pretty popular around here. I like Ricks Hyperion chager both are AC/DC.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.