Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad. >

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The race program went very well. 2min between heats and then it started. There were just a lot of races.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (94%+)

Originally Posted by David Alberico
The race program went very well. 2min between heats and then it started. There were just a lot of races.
What time did you guys get done David? I know I left at 11 and still had a couple races to go before the mains
Old 10-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc10t4ft
We had 45 entries and got done around 1:00am. We just need to enforce the 2min and not let it drag to 5min. over all the pace was decent but a little on the slower side. I am sure it will only get better.
45 enteries thats awsome!!!!

I'm sure you gys will get it worked out... Just that 11pm is about my 9yr olds limit, and I'm not much better anymore
Old 10-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Had a good time sat for not even holding a radio for 4 months and that was definitely the most racers I have ever seen at Jake's

I think that maybe moving it up to 6 pm might help if the entry's stay up and thank you for running the c main
Old 10-05-2009, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ok...I have to say it....

If you don't like being up late on a Sat. night, then stay home. What's the big deal about getting done at 1am?

The program went very smooth and quick this week. No one has anything to complain about on the time. Time only moves so fast. You can't pause time. You can't stop the earth from spinning when a race ends. It took just under an hour and a half per round. That's not excessive. That equates to about a 2:15 sec break between rounds. It's unrealistic to say that no matter what, EXACTLY two minutes after the last race, the next race WILL begin, PERIOD! There are things that are simply beyond control sometimes, usually marshalling, which is probably the biggest "problem" and it was no worse this last weekend than anywhere else I have raced. If you only have one marshall, do you start the race anyway and say, "Sorry you only have one marshall for this race drivers. Take it up with the guys that are supposed to be out here, but aren't, in the pits after the race." Sure you can doc laps and assess penalties for that, but that takes...you guessed it... MORE TIME. Not to mention the fighting that would be going on in the pits. The race director can only do so much to keep things on pace. He can't go into the pits and shove the people who are supposed to be marshalling out on the track. All you can do is try to educate the offenders, and when they lose enough time/laps...maybe they will get the hint.

So I say Darin did a great job running the races Saturday night. Thank you Darin!!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I say 9 heats or how ever many, 3 rounds then mains all in roughly 6 hours is pretty good. Also what does every one want for main times? 8min A-mains/ 6min B-mains/ 5 min C on down mains? Also what about bump ups?
Old 10-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

I thought Saturday night went well too. Awesome turnout! Keep it up!
Old 10-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey sorry Blake, i didnt see you ask if there was a radio you could use til just now! I totally would have let you borrow one of mine.

So this Saturday was a record high of entries!!!!!!!!! Awesome awesome! I couldn't believe my eyes when i walked back there and saw a full full house, we could have squeezed maybe 5 to 10 more racers but for the most part it was a full house! Thankyou everyone for showing up! It makes for a pretty exciting night when there's a good turnout like that, heck, it even makes me win! hahahaha, Another record was broke, we actually had a C main, haha, which I somehow won? ha ha, it was sooooo exciting actually winning a race!! my first race ever!! besides the time i ran in a novice oval class ha ha, which im not counting.
The points will start not this Saturday but the next. Which will be Saturday the 17th, so mark it on your calender. From there on out we will be keeping track of your points every other weekend.
Also, a job well done all the way around this Saturday, Darrin did a great job!, the Marshalls did a great job, hardly ever had to hollar for them, great job to the racers for being ready on time and lined up by the time the last race was over. We had 45 entries and it was all done in a pretty timely fashion in my opinion, i was shocked to see the clockwork fashion in and out of the pits, well done again by everyone!
And thankyou KC boys for comin down and playin with us topeka boys!
As far as the time goes, if we continue to have big turn outs that keep us here past midnight then we have a couple options, we can either start the races a little earlier?,,, or,,, if and only if there is enough people that speak up, we can have a race day on Sunday as well for those who can 't make Saturday nights, and or don't want to stay out til midnight, which i can understand for those who aren't late nighters, work, or have youngins with them. So that's all i have to say about that.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron P

If you don't like being up late on a Sat. night, then stay home. What's the big deal about getting done at 1am?

The program went very smooth and quick this week. No one has anything to complain about on the time. Time only moves so fast. You can't pause time. You can't stop the earth from spinning when a race ends. It took just under an hour and a half per round. That's not excessive. That equates to about a 2:15 sec break between rounds. It's unrealistic to say that no matter what, EXACTLY two minutes after the last race, the next race WILL begin, PERIOD! There are things that are simply beyond control sometimes, usually marshalling, which is probably the biggest "problem" and it was no worse this last weekend than anywhere else I have raced. If you only have one marshall, do you start the race anyway and say, "Sorry you only have one marshall for this race drivers. Take it up with the guys that are supposed to be out here, but aren't, in the pits after the race." Sure you can doc laps and assess penalties for that, but that takes...you guessed it... MORE TIME. Not to mention the fighting that would be going on in the pits. The race director can only do so much to keep things on pace. He can't go into the pits and shove the people who are supposed to be marshalling out on the track. All you can do is try to educate the offenders, and when they lose enough time/laps...maybe they will get the hint.

So I say Darin did a great job running the races Saturday night. Thank you Darin!!!!
I must say I think Darin did a good job as well but as it has already been said some people don't like getting home at 2 or 3 in the morning. I know that you and some others like to stay up late and that is cool but some of us have grown up and don't like to be up that late. I am up for whatever but would like to be done with everything by 10 or 11
Old 10-05-2009, 05:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

who ever prepped the track did an awesome job, keep up the good work.....oh and fix the step downs.....
Old 10-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

haha nice dustin
Old 10-05-2009, 05:50 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

It seems like time is kinda a big deal. I've only raced at Jakes like 3 or 4 times but why start so late, why not start in the early afternoon or something.......
Old 10-05-2009, 05:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

I think if we pack the house this weekend too we will be considering 5, I know of 1 person that doesnt like this idea, (but he doesnt show up on a regular basis) if there is anyone else that has an issue with this please speak up so we can maybe go 6 if need be.... and if you would be late u still can race just would have to make sure you called and registered..........
Old 10-05-2009, 06:35 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

I'm not a regular at jakes, maybe I'll be this winter............
For what its worth an earlier start time around 5 or so would be cool
Old 10-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron P

I'm not trying to bash or say anyone is doing a bad job. I'm just looking out for the best interest of my daughter if she wants to race. The whole kid perspective changes your views quite a bit. Yeah I used to think "If you don't want to stay out so late then stay home". But I can't just think solely about myself anymore. My daughter wants to race, and I Will find a way to make sure she gets all the time on the track she wants before she gets to tired to finish out the race night!!!

And the big deal about staying up so late on a Sat. night AP... Well... when you have a son or daughter, I'll let you give me that answer!

I hear alot more people complain about the lateness than anything else. SO whats the big deal about starting at 5 or 6 like Dustin is saying. The only person I know of right off the bat that this may effect is Caleb.. Sorry bud and maybe Rick on his work weekends

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.